JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kristina582 said:

Have you tried contacting USCIS and asking to talk to a Tier 2 representative? Possibly asking for a service request?

We've tried that and the " live chat operative " cut us off twice. No idea how to get past this. We are now outside the USCIS timeline and still not getting any information from them as to where our petition is. We were approved February 1, 2023.

6 hours ago, ShandoMoncelle said:

Could you elaborate a bit more on how to file for an extension? I sent out another public inquiry request this morning and praying for good news but not getting my hopes up

I wish I could but I don't know at this time, I would have to research it. Currently I'm trying to help figure out how my fiancé can get a police certification from a country she no longer resides in. Fun stuff for sure!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mark Hancock said:

We've tried that and the " live chat operative " cut us off twice. No idea how to get past this. We are now outside the USCIS timeline and still not getting any information from them as to where our petition is. We were approved February 1, 2023.

It’s really unacceptable that USCIS made you wait for 90 days. The worst part is you don’t even know when they will send your petition to NVC. It’s not right that after waiting for 14-15 months for our approval now we have to deal with our approved petitions being held as “hostage” at USCIS. I think you are too nice. Call them as many times as needed, until you get to talk to a Tier 2 representative. Probably they will tell you that it will take 30 days until Tier 2 representative contacts you, but insist that somebody calls back immediately because it’s an urgent matter. I know that they will do it, you just have to be persistent. 
I had to deal extensively with USCIS because of my mom’s Naturalization and I have learned all about how to insist on your right. They know nothing about the law and also what’s on their website. You need to point it out to them. 
 I am so fed up with USCIS for their incompetence and lack of knowledge. 
I really hope you hear something soon! It’s not fair to you.

As soon as I reach my 60 days, I am going to contact USCIS. Another 5 days for me…..

Timeline
12 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

It’s really unacceptable that USCIS made you wait for 90 days. The worst part is you don’t even know when they will send your petition to NVC. It’s not right that after waiting for 14-15 months for our approval now we have to deal with our approved petitions being held as “hostage” at USCIS. I think you are too nice. Call them as many times as needed, until you get to talk to a Tier 2 representative. Probably they will tell you that it will take 30 days until Tier 2 representative contacts you, but insist that somebody calls back immediately because it’s an urgent matter. I know that they will do it, you just have to be persistent. 
I had to deal extensively with USCIS because of my mom’s Naturalization and I have learned all about how to insist on your right. They know nothing about the law and also what’s on their website. You need to point it out to them. 
 I am so fed up with USCIS for their incompetence and lack of knowledge. 
I really hope you hear something soon! It’s not fair to you.

As soon as I reach my 60 days, I am going to contact USCIS. Another 5 days for me…..

I'm somewhat stunned but today we received an email from NVC saying they'd received our petition from USCIS and it was now waiting for data entry into their system.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mark Hancock said:

I'm somewhat stunned but today we received an email from NVC saying they'd received our petition from USCIS and it was now waiting for data entry into their system.

So frustrating... but glad you have finally heard something. Hope everything goes faster from here on out 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Mark Hancock said:

Congratulations!!!!! Very happy for you!!!!

It was about the time!!!!

2 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

hello, just got my noa2 1min ago. what is the next step? there is no instruction on what to do...

Apparently the National Visa Center (NVC) will contact you at some point and give you further instructions. I say "at some point" because some of us are waiting longer, and some much longer, than we were originally told it would take.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm extremely frustrated. "Ready" status was April 6th. To date have not heard anything back after initial contact-embassy told me to be patient that they will send packet 3. I feel like we should be doing something in the interim. Can't schedule interview or medical without welcome letter. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.