JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, MishaP99 said:

Hello! So, I have my invoice ID and Case number from the public inquiry form, but I never received a welcome letter from NVC. When I check my visa status it just says "At NVC". What do I need to do? Do I need to wait for instructions from NVC? Or do I need to start submitting documents and start to fill out things like the DS-160? Any help would be appreciated!

They will email you again when they ship the petition off to the consulate in the foreign country. "At NVC will change to "In Transit" I believe. 

I am waiting to get this email before filling out the DS-160 although you can do it now if you want to...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/30/2023 at 2:39 PM, meladee said:

If you scroll down on a USCIS page, a box saying "Need help? Ask Emma" should pop up like this:

image.thumb.png.a17992201dd4c9e1e7b2ab7b8aeba8d8.png

Thank you. I tried Emma and had no luck with getting an answer.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mark Hancock said:

Thank you. I tried Emma and had no luck with getting an answer.

I would put in a public inquiry with NVC to see if your petition has made it's way there.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
25 minutes ago, SaraClaire11 said:

I would put in a public inquiry with NVC to see if your petition has made it's way there.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

We've done 3 public inquiries so far. We've reached 60 days now from the first NOA2 on February 1st so we're going to do another inquiry with NVC tomorrow and also phone the USCIS to try and work out what is happening.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mark Hancock said:

We've done 3 public inquiries so far. We've reached 60 days now from the first NOA2 on February 1st so we're going to do another inquiry with NVC tomorrow and also phone the USCIS to try and work out what is happening.

Hopefully you get some answers, wishing you all the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

NOA2: Feb 28th 2023.

I'm hopeful. Saw on an FB group someone who had the same NOA2 date as us got their case number for NVC last week! We've sent an inquiry, fingers crossed.

Any one with NVC updates?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Aren said:

I'm hopeful. Saw on an FB group someone who had the same NOA2 date as us got their case number for NVC last week! We've sent an inquiry, fingers crossed.

NOA2 2/24/23

AT NVC 3/23/23

Hoping to be in the next round of NVC shipping on April 11th & 12th *fingers crossed*

On 4/4/2023 at 3:55 AM, Aren said:

NOA2: 02/23/2022

No update after that. Asked Emma and the representative told me the case is still at USCIS waiting to be sent over to NVC. Hopefully those of us with NOA2's in late February see some activity on our cases.

Timeline

We went into transit today! 46 days after NOA2 I am OVER THE MOON right now!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Posts removed for spamming the forums with the same posts~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Today I finally received a letter from the embassy, which included recommendations for making an appointment for an interview, addresses of medical centers where you can get a medical examination, and there was also an information brochure about domestic violence.

Now can fill out the DS-160, pay the fees, and schedule the interview.
One plus step closer to the goal! 💪🥳🍾

13 hours ago, Aleksis said:

Today I finally received a letter from the embassy, which included recommendations for making an appointment for an interview, addresses of medical centers where you can get a medical examination, and there was also an information brochure about domestic violence.

Now can fill out the DS-160, pay the fees, and schedule the interview.
One plus step closer to the goal! 💪🥳🍾

How long did you wait until Embassy contacted you with instructions? Our case is also ready based on CEAC status but we still haven't got contacted by US Embassy. It's been like 10 days since our status is ready. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bakyt said:

How long did you wait until Embassy contacted you with instructions? Our case is also ready based on CEAC status but we still haven't got contacted by US Embassy. It's been like 10 days since our status is ready. 

We have been waiting for almost a month.  At this time, several times there was a status update on the ceac website, which consisted only of changing the “last update” date and nothing else.  

In short, on March 17 the status was ready, on April 12 a letter came from them.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Aleksis said:

We have been waiting for almost a month.  At this time, several times there was a status update on the ceac website, which consisted only of changing the “last update” date and nothing else.  

In short, on March 17 the status was ready, on April 12 a letter came from them.

Was it an actual physical letter in the mail or was it an email?

Timeline

So, as of April 11th, 2023, our case was in transit. Then, today as of April 13, 2023, our case status changed to ready. I believe that our ready status is just the embassy receiving our case electronically. I say this because I did the DHL hack and there was only one package sent to Israel, which is currently in Germany. As soon as our case status was in transit, we filled out the DS-160. So, the only thing left to do is wait for the embassy's instructions and schedule our interview. If anyone has information about interviews at the embassy in Jerusalem it would be much appreciated, I can't seem to find a whole lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.