smore

Tourist Visa

26 posts in this topic

You can try a B Visa. My step daughter finally got hers on the fourth try in 8 years, Nothing changed over those years except now she has a daughter. rents an apt, has a regular job and lives week to week. give it a shot, all they can say is NO.

10 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Yeah no, it’s probably not going to work.

What’s that?

How old are you?

I mean, if she has the extra money she can of course apply and see what happens.

You said you can’t go to Philippines because of your commitments, but what are you going to do while she’s visiting here? Is she going to be mostly by herself?

OFW, overseas worker

sounds like her getting a tourist visa is not going to happen because she does not have strong ties to going back home, it makes sense, but at the same time it to bad that idea of her coming here to meet will not work. Yes I work and have obligations and commitments, but I could remote work so she would not be alone and I could take many days off, just maybe not in a row, I am in tech so just need to be around in case of issues. I would have to go back to me seeing when I can visit her as I have passport so just need flight and of course the time to go. Everyone not knowing my situation I will just say that I work and its not easy to get time off as I have obligations, but with planning could be done at certain times of the year, but communication with her needs to occur better so we can plan but thats been the issue, technology she has to communicate.

I am early 40s, as far as her having extra money, not sure she has that, I do not think she has extra money.

OP, looking at your story she already asked you in 2021 if you’d support her financially. What did you say to that? People were telling you to RUN:

Yes she did ask that question, and I will not get into that long drawn out situation, I did sorta RUN, I stopped talking to her for awhile and there is NO way I was going to give her anything at that point in us knowing each other and she knows that, she still knows that. Really I had just planned to move on, move on to what I have no idea, I just want to meet someone great, have a great life and that certainly has not occurred with women from the USA. Her explanation as to why asking that question was because she was frustrated, she had just come home from working overseas for many years and could not find a job locally, she was pressured by family to help out. Its not an explanation I like, and we stopped talking for awhile after that and when we started talking again she never mentioned it. I am moving forward cautious, and again might just have to completely move on from this situation, its to bad after knowing someone for this long, but I may have to move on, life is short.

9 hours ago, MMDG said:

I’m not a CO but most likely she won’t get it.

no strong ties,mid 30s with no job,being Philippino,has an interest to come to USA to be with you..

she asked you for support even before you meet! Are you going to pay for the visa? It’s 160$ plus you will have to pay for the ticket and fund her trip to USA.

Sounds like its not worth her trying for the tourist visa based on factors of her life. I certainly have not supported her, have no intentions on supporting her daily life at this point in us knowing each other, but yes I believe I would have to pay for her flight here, do I like that I would have to NO, but I know she does not have the money and she is offering to come here to meet. Would I like to meet a woman who can take care of herself, YES, pay for her own visa, flight, etc, YES. But I am also trying to be understanding and that, so with her offering to fly here I probably would of paid for the flight. I would however like her to pay for the visa part, the 160.00. But sounds like this is not going to happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 minutes ago, smore said:

OFW, overseas worker

sounds like her getting a tourist visa is not going to happen because she does not have strong ties to going back home, it makes sense, but at the same time it to bad that idea of her coming here to meet will not work. Yes I work and have obligations and commitments, but I could remote work so she would not be alone and I could take many days off, just maybe not in a row, I am in tech so just need to be around in case of issues. I would have to go back to me seeing when I can visit her as I have passport so just need flight and of course the time to go. Everyone not knowing my situation I will just say that I work and its not easy to get time off as I have obligations, but with planning could be done at certain times of the year, but communication with her needs to occur better so we can plan but thats been the issue, technology she has to communicate.

I am early 40s, as far as her having extra money, not sure she has that, I do not think she has extra money.

She can always try for a tourist visa. If they denied her it is not going to hurt any future applications.

However, I would plan on meeting her somewhere in between the US and the Philippines... Idk, at the end of the day she is still a stranger and it can be an uncomfortable situation for both.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

You can try a B Visa. My step daughter finally got hers on the fourth try in 8 years, Nothing changed over those years except now she has a daughter. rents an apt, has a regular job and lives week to week. give it a shot, all they can say is NO.

A LOT did change for your step daughter.

12 hours ago, smore said:

Have a question about tourist visa? I have like many of us have met a philippines woman online, its been 3 years since we met online, due to covid any plans for meeting got delayed for awhile, since things have settled down with restrictions we have tried to make plans to meet, but due to things on both our schedules we have not been able to meet yet. She has suggested that she comes to USA to meet me, the plan was for me to go there but as mentioned schedules, my work, life responsibilities we just have not been able to make a plan for me to go there that works for both of us. So she has suggested or offered to come here to USA.

So how can she come to USA for us to meet? What will she need? I believe a tourist visa? can she even get one?

Is she planning on staying with you? 
She might have issues convincing the IO this is not a sex trafficking situation.

She is planning on traveling to the US to stay with a man she has never met AND he is paying for everything! 

Would you greenlight this scenario? 
If you think this woman is worth it, I would get together some PTO or take unpaid leave and meet her either in Philippines or a third country. 
ETA: what happened to the trip you were planning for November, 2022. Did you go? 

Edited by ROK2USA

11 minutes ago, MMDG said:

A LOT did change for your step daughter.

came out wrong, only thing that changed was her having a child, always had job, apartment and lived week to week. 

If you notice a lot of people replying are just answering about tourist visa's in general. As for the Philippines, I will just be honest, she has zero chance of getting a tourist visa. If she cannot make time in her schedule to have you visit her, she is hiding something. Someone that wants to be with you will mountains and whatever else it would take to accommodate you. So far in all of your posts to date re: your relationship there has been excuses as to why you to can't meet in person. Covid was definitely a real issue for all but that is past. If this was a serious relationship, you would have been there already. My advice cut bait.Either you or her are not taking this seriously.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/2/2023 at 4:48 AM, Bob in Boston said:

Kudos for your Step Daughter with stepping up and creating a better life for her to be able to get the visa!   She should be very proud of her hard work!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.