Foreignmiks

Another Vaccine Requirements Thread

47 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Foreignmiks said:

Updating everyone that has followed this thread.

My fiancée was approved today without having the COVID shots (even with all of the pushing for applicants to have them prior to medical/interview).

Isn't she required to have them to enter the US? 

This is our next and last bridge. We may just give crossing land border a shot without it and see what happens. Come May 11th the emergency measures drop and hopefully with it the mandate.

What happens if it's not dropped? When does the visa expire?

52 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

K1 expires 6 months from issue.  If it’s not dropped or somehow reinstated through another measure, we may just need to get it.

Got it, best of luck and keep us posted. Another thing to consider: some vaccinations require 2 jabs, and 8 weeks between them.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Got it, best of luck and keep us posted. Another thing to consider: some vaccinations require 2 jabs, and 8 weeks between them.

Thank you!

Probably only need one jab to get card as that would be enough evidence for entry. Will find out soon of course and keep you guys posted. We thought for sure we would run into problems at medical and interview as they are heavily pushing covid vaccination prior to appointments.

5 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

Thank you!

Probably only need one jab to get card as that would be enough evidence for entry. Will find out soon of course and keep you guys posted. We thought for sure we would run into problems at medical and interview as they are heavily pushing covid vaccination prior to appointments.

Depends on how well CBP agent does his job. The requirement is "fully vaccinated" as of today. But again, don't forget AOS process. If not at the border, it may be re-evaluated later in process. I wonder if this could be categorised under misrepresentation or inadmissibility during AOS stage.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

Thank you!

You'll need both for AOS to my knowledge. Other vaccines require first dose but think COVID specifically requires 2.

Also think COVID will be addedto routine child vaccinations so unlikely it'll be dropped for AOS even if dropped for entry. Much like you don't need MMR etc for entry but do for immigration.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

1 minute ago, AndiB said:

You'll need both for AOS to my knowledge. Other vaccines require first dose but think COVID specifically requires 2.

Also think COVID will be addedto routine child vaccinations so unlikely it'll be dropped for AOS even if dropped for entry. Much like you don't need MMR etc for entry but do for immigration.

We'll see what happens. I think it would be strange to be added to the list. Is the flu shot on the list?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

We'll see what happens. I think it would be strange to be added to the list. Is the flu shot on the list?

COVID isn't the flu and has different risks on spread and age groups.

It's like saying why is polio on the list? The flu isn't!

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

22 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

Yes, the flu shot in on the list, but only part of the year/during flu season.

Interesting. I suspect it likely would not be removed on the basis of this.

Medical requirements change at times.  HIV used to be an inadmissibility, then HPV vaccine was required. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/24/2023 at 12:09 PM, Foreignmiks said:

Updating everyone that has followed this thread.

My fiancée was approved today without having the COVID shots (even with all of the pushing for applicants to have them prior to medical/interview).

NOA1 July 6th 2021 - to approved today March 3rd 2023 - 21 months total waiting time for K1.

Thank you for sharing. We are in the same exact situation in Jalisco. Nothing available in May 2023.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.