Jake77

Validity of Visa Fee

4 posts in this topic

US Travel Docs has announced this recently (under RESTRICTIONS):
"All receipts for payment of NONIMMIGRANT visa application (MRV) fees issued before October 1, 2022, were extended until September 30, 2023, and remain valid until this date."

My visa is IR-2 and so we didn't have to pay for MRV.

Questions:

1. Does this apply to IR-2s as well? (Visa fees expire after a year, mine is to expire somewhen in May.)
... I know that this recent change probably doesn't apply to my visa, but I'd like to ask everybody just to be sure.

2. "Please note applicants must only schedule their interview ... within the 365-day period.  There is no requirement the interview must occur during the 365-day period."
... I found this on the same website linked above, this was copied from under the MRV announcement and so I'm not sure whether this applies to IR visas as well.
... Can I schedule (or reschedule if they its the Embassy that decides the first schedule) an interview within the 1-year limit and set the interview date AFTER / PASS the 1-year limit?

Any answer for either of the questions would be of big, big help to me. Thank you.

P.S.: I don't know whether this belongs to the NVC forum or Embassy, so I decided to post it here.

Edited by Jake77
Added info

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't think you have to worry. IR-2 is an immigrant visa, and the MRV concerns non-immigrant visas :) IIRC immigrant fees don't expire.

Edited by Steffen & Rafael
Grammar

4 hours ago, Steffen & Rafael said:

I don't think you have to worry. IR-2 is an immigrant visa, and the MRV concerns non-immigrant visas :) IIRC immigrant fees don't expire.

When I receive an email concerning the interview - does the Embassy set the interview date themselves in that email? Or, do I have to pick my own date? Thank you! 😅

Edited by Jake77
Added more information

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jake77 said:

When I receive an email concerning the interview - does the Embassy set the interview date themselves in that email? Or, do I have to pick my own date? Thank you! 😅

Well Im not sure what embassy/consulate your particular case is in, but I believe most schedule the appointment for you. However if you need to you can work with them to delay the appointment 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.