pilot787

Paris embassy Eb immigration visa timelines

82 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I am a UK resident, so I am considering asking to switch to the UK Embassy. @appleblossom , do you know how long the wait times are in London? I heard it was 11 months (from the date you were DQ'ed), but I also read it was super quick, so I'm not sure if it is worth it.  If I switch to London, does anyone know if I need to have my medical appointment in London (versus in Paris)? Thank you

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

As a quick update, I have transferred my case to London, and the transfer should be approved within 1-2 weeks. I am currently discussing with my employer whether it would be beneficial to apply for a nonimmigrant visa as a backup plan (O1 visa, I cannot do an L1). My wife is having similar discussions with her employer (L1 visa). I am hoping the US Embassy in London will contact me soon to schedule an interview, but I am not sure how or when they will plan their next batch of interviews.

On 6/22/2024 at 4:03 PM, NYCHello said:

As a quick update, I have transferred my case to London, and the transfer should be approved within 1-2 weeks. I am currently discussing with my employer whether it would be beneficial to apply for a nonimmigrant visa as a backup plan (O1 visa, I cannot do an L1). My wife is having similar discussions with her employer (L1 visa). I am hoping the US Embassy in London will contact me soon to schedule an interview, but I am not sure how or when they will plan their next batch of interviews.

please keep us update,  I am wondering too if I should change  embassy,  if your spoose get L1 you can follow her and have working permit, untill you get your interviwe, I believe you might be able to change to  USCI interview in the Usa if you have a visa

Greetings to everyone here. I am delighted to find this resourceful thread.

PD: April 5, 2023.

DQ: July 6, 2023.

Please, I wish to ask if anyone has information about how quick they're currently at the Paris embassy in EB-2 processing and IV issuance. I am considering a case transfer from my country of origin given the very long waiting time there.

I currently reside in France with my residence permit. Alternatively, please I also wish to ask if it's possible to move the case to Berlin, while residing in France.

I would really appreciate your kind responses. Many thanks.

Edited by Oluale

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/28/2024 at 10:23 AM, Oluale said:

Greetings to everyone here. I am delighted to find this resourceful thread.

PD: April 5, 2023.

DQ: July 6, 2023.

Please, I wish to ask if anyone has information about how quick they're currently at the Paris embassy in EB-2 processing and IV issuance. I am considering a case transfer from my country of origin given the very long waiting time there.

I currently reside in France with my residence permit. Alternatively, please I also wish to ask if it's possible to move the case to Berlin, while residing in France.

I would really appreciate your kind responses. Many thanks.

Yes, you can transfer to your country of origin. I think you only need to contact NVC (via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html ) to ask about the transfer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.