Jason Mubata

Tips on filing an EAD expedite request

7 posts in this topic

Show evidence that she lost her job. Show evidence that it was due to illness. Show evidence that you have a job offer. Add a cover letter to explain your situation as clearly as possible and state what the evidence is that you're sending.

09/15/21 - Sent packet via USPS to Chicago lockbox

09/22/21 - Priority date

09/26/21 - Text/email confirmation of receipt by USCIS

09/28/21 - Checks cashed by USCIS

09/30/21 - Received I-797C for I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 in mail

10/09/21 - USCIS online account updates to schedule biometrics

11/01/21 - Biometrics appointment (Brooklyn, NY)

11/04/21 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

02/14/22 - I-765 Expedite requested

02/24/22 - Expedite evidence sent

03/23/22 - EAD arrived in mail

05/06/22 - AP approved (expedited)

01/03/23 - RFE for I-693, case transferred to Boise, ID office

01/17/23 - I-485 approved

01/25/23 - GC arrived in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is your financial situation and the impact this has had upon it. You need to show how bad it is and hence the need for EAD

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/21/2023 at 8:16 AM, Jason Mubata said:

I just received an email from USCIS to submit evidence for my expedite request. My wife has lot her job due to serious illness and i just got a job offer letter. How do I present this evidences to uscis so they can consider me? Thanks for your suggestions

My experience was over a year ago. The best advice I got here was to expedite using your senator. I expedited my EAD by myself first using a job offer and I got the runaround from USCIS for 2 months. After I contacted my senator, it was approved within days using the same job offer letter. Steps that I took:

1. Went to the website of my senator (Cortez-Masto) and filled out a privacy release form. I attached my job offer with the privacy release form. I did not sound desperate on my letter. All I did was to give the job offer. That's all what USCIS was asking for anyway. I know several members here are recommending to sound desperate but it is up to you.

2. An intern from the Senator's office contacted me within days telling me that they had contacted USCIS on my behalf. They have access to USCIS liaison officers which ordinary people do not have access to.

3.  I got the good news from the Senator's office

Please note that you have to select the best member of congress. I contacted my Republican Congressman Amodei and I never got a response :D. I also contacted the other Democrat Rosen but the intern was so bad she did not do her job properly. I was glad I had Cortez-Masto who also helped us with the greencard approval months after helping me get the EAD as we were outside processing times.

Just sharing my experience as this is what someone did to me last year and it helped me. Good luck!

Edited by chancecody

On 1/21/2023 at 11:16 AM, Jason Mubata said:

I just received an email from USCIS to submit evidence for my expedite request. My wife has lot her job due to serious illness and i just got a job offer letter. How do I present this evidences to uscis so they can consider me? Thanks for your suggestions

My situation is a little different, but see if any of this might help?

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/789757-is-expiring-drivers-license-reason-for-expediting-ead/?tab=comments#comment-10792667

The key is to be as direct as possible with your evidence and explanation. And you may need to support that in later interviews.

Edited by EatBulaga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.