mapi

Income continued either US or NL

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This question has been asked a million times, yet I find it hard to find a similar case and therefore I'd like to get it clarified for my own peace of mind.

Last year in July 2022, my wife and I filed the I-130 to start the CR1 visa procedure. My wife is US citizen and I am Dutch. My wife works in the Netherlands for a US-based company on a Dutch contract. Her company is also willing to move her. If we cannot make this happen so fast, then she can continue working on a Dutch contract. Both options resulting in her income being continued whenever we move. Either on a Dutch contract or a US contract from the same employer.

My question is, by the time we have our interview/NVC stage, what is the best way to demonstrate this? The options I am thinking of are:

If US contract is formalized before the interview:

1) Letter that her US contract will be effective as of x-date (somewhere not too long after the interview, our immigration date) + last paystub in the Netherlands

If contract is not yet formalized (I don't want to lie to the officer):

2) Letter that her contract thus income will continue on Dutch contract for this big US based employer + that the company will reform the contract to a US-based contract + last paystub in the Netherlands

Will this be sufficient? The income is conform all the rules by USCIS + we both have good education.

Thank you for reading and responding.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, mapi said:

Hi all,

This question has been asked a million times, yet I find it hard to find a similar case and therefore I'd like to get it clarified for my own peace of mind.

Last year in July 2022, my wife and I filed the I-130 to start the CR1 visa procedure. My wife is US citizen and I am Dutch. My wife works in the Netherlands for a US-based company on a Dutch contract. Her company is also willing to move her. If we cannot make this happen so fast, then she can continue working on a Dutch contract. Both options resulting in her income being continued whenever we move. Either on a Dutch contract or a US contract from the same employer.

My question is, by the time we have our interview/NVC stage, what is the best way to demonstrate this? The options I am thinking of are:

If US contract is formalized before the interview:

1) Letter that her US contract will be effective as of x-date (somewhere not too long after the interview, our immigration date) + last paystub in the Netherlands

If contract is not yet formalized (I don't want to lie to the officer):

2) Letter that her contract thus income will continue on Dutch contract for this big US based employer + that the company will reform the contract to a US-based contract + last paystub in the Netherlands

Will this be sufficient? The income is conform all the rules by USCIS + we both have good education.

Thank you for reading and responding.

Sounds good but if still on the Dutch contract, the "letter" you mention must come from the employer, not your wife.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Sounds good but if still on the Dutch contract, the "letter" you mention must come from the employer, not your wife.

Thank you for responding.

In both cases I meant that the signed letter will come from one of the directors. Good point, could be have been more clear with that.

But is it really just this easy? Showing the letters and paystub? I always imagined it being a difficult stage where the officers are also suspicious of everything.

This is promising and I love the idea of not being sponsored by my mother in law! Haha

Timeline
1 hour ago, mapi said:

Thank you for responding.

In both cases I meant that the signed letter will come from one of the directors. Good point, could be have been more clear with that.

But is it really just this easy? Showing the letters and paystub? I always imagined it being a difficult stage where the officers are also suspicious of everything.

This is promising and I love the idea of not being sponsored by my mother in law! Haha

An actual copy of a pay stub issued by a major corporation, is generally accepted, as are letters from Corporate HR departments.  Your US Citizen spouse will be signing the affidavit of support under penalty of perjury.  You should read it carefully, to help you understand.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

An actual copy of a pay stub issued by a major corporation, is generally accepted, as are letters from Corporate HR departments.  Your US Citizen spouse will be signing the affidavit of support under penalty of perjury.  You should read it carefully, to help you understand.

Thank you Pushbrk. I understand the implications of committing perjury, but will definitely read the contract once again. In my head getting my Mother-In-Law to sponsor me was a big thing, therefore I am very pleased (and slightly surprised) it's going to be easy as this. Also I am probably able to work for the same company, sso maybe I can even sponsor myself, but I'm not gonna bet on that one.

Timeline
4 hours ago, mapi said:

Thank you Pushbrk. I understand the implications of committing perjury, but will definitely read the contract once again. In my head getting my Mother-In-Law to sponsor me was a big thing, therefore I am very pleased (and slightly surprised) it's going to be easy as this. Also I am probably able to work for the same company, sso maybe I can even sponsor myself, but I'm not gonna bet on that one.

What you need to understand is that signing under penalty of perjury, is WHY statements made in the affidavit of support tend to be accepted.  I'm not "warning" you.  I'm explaining.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.