Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

They are complaining about 90 days 😂 

Those is how bad things have gotten ladies and gentleman

6916FCC3-EA62-4885-A2CD-EAEA15BE6AA9.jpeg

honestly some people will be happy with nothing.

I see the same on fb as y'all mentioned earlier. Some people just want to feel like a victim or wronged. I do understand being impatient etc but some take it to a new level. I do laugh every time someone says we should sue USCIS

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I follow a couple of groups on Facebook and have honestly snoozed them both because I cannot stand the negativity it brings. A lot of people bring more opinions than facts and all it leads to is chaos, confusion, and arguments. This site has been a blessing to say the least! 

4 minutes ago, AndiB said:

also I do not understand when people lose their damn minds when they see approvals in later months (like march). All that really matters is where 'activity' is. Even if the odd one gets approved "early" it's not going to affect your case and obsessing will only lead to upset. We are at USCIS's will sadly.

Also saw my timeline has gone from late Jan to early Jan!! A month ago it was in feb. Zooooom!
Bf or rather fiance and I officially got engaged this week (we did K1 early cause wait time) and tell family Saturday, excited!!

Congratulations!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

They are complaining about 90 days 😂 

Those is how bad things have gotten ladies and gentleman

6916FCC3-EA62-4885-A2CD-EAEA15BE6AA9.jpeg

I can't even be sad because I certainly wasn't within marrying age in 2007 haha but how weird is to think they thought the 90 day processing time was frustrating. Here I am on day 380 and counting as well.

The ex-employee also says they used to take calls to tell people about processing times, if they called because of 90 days, imagine 500. Would the early 2000 filers survive the 15.5 month estimate?

2 minutes ago, AndiB said:

also I do not understand when people lose their damn minds when they see approvals in later months (like march). All that really matters is where 'activity' is. Even if the odd one gets approved "early" it's not going to affect your case and obsessing will only lead to upset. We are at USCIS's will sadly.

Also saw my timeline has gone from late Jan to early Jan!! A month ago it was in feb. Zooooom!
Bf or rather fiance and I officially got engaged this week (we did K1 early cause wait time) and tell family Saturday, excited!!

Ugh, in a perfect world, all approvals would take the exact same time and be in perfect order. People don't seem to realize this isn't a perfect world, it's USCIS world and it's far from it! And congratulations to you both!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndiB said:

Ahhh!!! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been so cagey about joining K1 FB groups and it is... I mean, obviously grim and kind of sad to know they're basically what I expected, but also a relief that I haven't invested any time into them. It's been such a relief to find VisaJourney, and honestly this thread in particular – you all are as interested in the data of it all as I am, plus there's a culture of supporting each other's progress rather than tearing it down. Happy to be here with you all!

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

In the spreadsheet, under estimated time of approval, why does december still say 1.3 months even at the highest speed of 5000 cases? Is that when all december cases will be processed by?? 

I think it’s because they consider the ghost cases in this as well, and it’s also an estimative considering the last case of the month – worst case scenario. 

@Obllak would probably explain it better! Haha and while we’re at it, I do have a question. Do you consider the “case closed benefit received by other means” cases (probably K3s whose I-130f was approved) as processed cases as well?

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

1 minute ago, Bh_sarah said:

I think it’s because they consider the ghost cases in this as well, and it’s also an estimative considering the last case of the month – worst case scenario. 

@Obllak would probably explain it better! Haha and while we’re at it, I do have a question. Do you consider the “case closed benefit received by other means” cases (probably K3s whose I-130f was approved) as processed cases as well?

Is there a way to show what the estimated time would be for the first wave and then a 50% processed if that's the case? that would be very interesting!! 

1 minute ago, Quimat said:

Can someone post this spreadsheet please? I’m currently following one, but it doesn’t have these extra details you all are mentioning. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sN2bo1xZhs8oVU6-QDUdBXBX2_ci8_QJ0wiz59Gp6H4/edit#gid=1603169151

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
1 hour ago, New Romantics said:

In the spreadsheet, under estimated time of approval, why does december still say 1.3 months even at the highest speed of 5000 cases? Is that when all december cases will be processed by?? 

Yes, that's exactly what @Bh_sarah said! We compute the estimated wait time based on the backlog of unprocessed cases & the USCIS processing speed. Estimates before the "hot zone" are somewhat meaningless, because these cases are mostly stuck in RFE/RFER or filers had terrible luck and their case didn't get processed along other cases in the month. "Ghost cases" (passive months) are moving very slowly and therefore numbers before the "hot zone" doesn't change much.

We are still thinking if we should remove these estimates before the hot zone. What matters in Estimate Wait Time is from the hot zone onwards. Also, keep in mind that numbers in the table are for the END of the month (so if someone is checking for the beginning of the month, they should check the number in the previous month). 

1 minute ago, Obllak said:

Yes, that's exactly what @Bh_sarah said! We compute the estimated wait time based on the backlog of unprocessed cases & the USCIS processing speed. Estimates before the "hot zone" are somewhat meaningless, because these cases are mostly stuck in RFE/RFER or filers had terrible luck and their case didn't get processed along other cases in the month. "Ghost cases" (passive months) are moving very slowly and therefore numbers before the "hot zone" doesn't change much.

We are still thinking if we should remove these estimates before the hot zone. What matters in Estimate Wait Time is from the hot zone onwards. Also, keep in mind that numbers in the table are for the END of the month (so if someone is checking for the beginning of the month, they should check the number in the previous month). 

Got it. So those estimates are based off every case in said month being processed? Like a previous commenter said could we add an estimate based of 50% and then maybe 80% since USCIS uses that number? This would show us a better estimate for the masses. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Those cases account for 81 of the cases in the backlog. We were talking about this one when we were building a database and you just reminded us that we didn't finalize it and decided if we should put them under approved or rejected (since they are not either of those). We definitely have to do this until tomorrow's update, so thank you for that! Any suggestions where we should put them? We were thinking rejected, since they are not really approved, but we are open for suggestions!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Got it. So those estimates are based off every case in said month being processed? Like a previous commenter said could we add an estimate based of 50% and then maybe 80% since USCIS uses that number? This would show us a better estimate for the masses. 

We definitely want to work on giving more fine grain data. Eventually we would like to roll out personalized estimates, which we are currently focusing on. But I will have this 50%/80% in my mind and probably soon add some columns!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.