AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yep, I understand the feeling of wanting the case to be touched (untouched here just dying to have a tiny sign of life from USCIS), so your perspective does make sense! But also somehow to me it seems the RFEs are sent and then the case ends up dying because they never respond to it? The number of RFEs sent is so high compared to the RFEs received. This is a mystery to me. Are they not updating the system, are people never replying to RFEs? Also because once the RFE is sent and then received, they have no timeframe to actually make a decision in your case, it feels it would take 2 weeks or months. So I'm not even sure if they count those cases in their processing rates as well. When we think we understand it, we realize we don't know anything at all about this whole thing!!! haha 

You now put me into a perspective that I was indeed left in the 20% when it comes to touched cases. It was better when it was the last 50% of still pending cases. I am not sure which one is better hahaha I tell you, we know from the start it's not in order, and that you didn't do anything wrong to be left behind, but when you start seeing people that filed in the same date as you already waiting for NVC letters... it hurts. And all rational thinking goes out the window. 

Yeah the number of RFEs without responses to me is mind boggling. I wonder what happens there... I wonder if some people instead of "withdrawing" the case they just let it sit there if they broke up or something... 

I hope we all get touched soon, in more than one way jajajaja

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Yeah the number of RFEs without responses to me is mind boggling. I wonder what happens there... I wonder if some people instead of "withdrawing" the case they just let it sit there if they broke up or something... 

I hope we all get touched soon, in more than one way jajajaja

It could be. Maybe they don't have the evidence USCIS is asking for and just let it unanswered?! Who waits 15 months to not reply it? Or waits 15 months without having evidence for a case? I can't understand it. But then again, the lack of knowledge between K1 fillers is absurd and never stops amazing me.

This could be just my former emo teen talking and you might not even know what I am talking about, but my anthem now is Untouched by The Veronicas. Literally "I feel so untouched right now, need you so much somehow.... NOA2".

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Just now, GinoNiña said:

Do they still maintaining the 80%  approvals and have those remaining  poor 20% waiting for up to 4 months on each month? 

Thats the difficult thing to know. It shows a big majority as being "touched" and as getting a RFE, but that they haven't got the RFER back yet. So did they not get it in the mail? Was it lost? Did they break up? Did USCIS not change the status? Who knows. 

1 minute ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Thats the difficult thing to know. It shows a big majority as being "touched" and as getting a RFE, but that they haven't got the RFER back yet. So did they not get it in the mail? Was it lost? Did they break up? Did USCIS not change the status? Who knows. 

I wonder if some just don't have the docs required? Like a divorce decree or something similar. Also, it might be fraudsters for all we know 🤷‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
4 hours ago, meladee said:

I feel like we'll see April touched by the end of this week (but March 2022 is such a huge cohort that it's hard to say for certain!)

I think so too. I believe they will touch April this week and if not, definitely next week. When March entered "Hot Zone", February was on less than 50% done (as processed/terminated). If I remember correctly it was a bit less than 40% done. BUT, when February entered "Hot Zone", January was ~50% done. 

Edited by Obllak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

That's my perspective on things now. I used to think it was 80%, but now that they are completing more cases per week, it also seems they are rushing through months and moving on at 50%. I feel the activity slows down significantly on 50% (from 100 cases approved daily to around 40), but it *drastically* slows down when they are close to 80% meaning they basically only close around 5-10 cases daily in those that are around 80% (comparing December daily numbers vs January daily numbers vs February).

We'll see if this pattern continues once March reaches 50% and February reaches 75-80%.

Which is why they still have the 16.5 month estimate on their website. They know they have up to 16.5 months to stretch out those remaining 30% (to get it to 80%). Eventually, that number will go down and the approval range will also shorten. For now, since its at 16.5 months, they will continue to stretch it out until historical numbers catch up, which won't be for another few months in my opinion.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Obllak said:

I think so too. I believe they will touch April this week and if not, definitely next week. When March entered "Hot Zone", February was on less than 50% done (as processed/terminated). If I remember correctly it was a bit less than 40% done. BUT, when February entered "Hot Zone", January was ~50% done. 

Echoing this, you can see in the weekly Lawfully data that on the weeks that Feb & March popped off the previous months were at 48% and 38% processed, respectively. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yep, I understand the feeling of wanting the case to be touched (untouched here just dying to have a tiny sign of life from USCIS), so your perspective does make sense! But also somehow to me it seems the RFEs are sent and then the case ends up dying because they never respond to it? The number of RFEs sent is so high compared to the RFEs received. This is a mystery to me. Are they not updating the system, are people never replying to RFEs? Also because once the RFE is sent and then received, they have no timeframe to actually make a decision in your case, it feels it would take 2 weeks or months. So I'm not even sure if they count those cases in their processing rates as well. When we think we understand it, we realize we don't know anything at all about this whole thing!!! haha 

You now put me into a perspective that I was indeed left in the 20% when it comes to touched cases. It was better when it was the last 50% of still pending cases. I am not sure which one is better hahaha I tell you, we know from the start it's not in order, and that you didn't do anything wrong to be left behind, but when you start seeing people that filed in the same date as you already waiting for NVC letters... it hurts. And all rational thinking goes out the window. 

From what I heard the 80% in 16,5 months includes closed RFE cases. I hope you will get a response soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

It could be. Maybe they don't have the evidence USCIS is asking for and just let it unanswered?! Who waits 15 months to not reply it? Or waits 15 months without having evidence for a case? I can't understand it.

But then again, the lack of knowledge between K1 fillers is absurd and never stops amazing me.

This is my theory.  People tried to file the petition with insufficient evidence to see if they could get away with it, then when the RFE comes they drop it... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

From what I heard the 80% in 16,5 months includes closed RFE cases. I hope you will get a response soon!!

Thank you! Fingers crossed!! And I thought the 'processed' word had a meaning it was closed since they talk about completed cases when explaining the processing times here. In fact, they say "Processing time is defined as the number of days (or months) that have elapsed between the date USCIS received an application, petition, or request and the date USCIS completed the application, petition, or request (that is, approved or denied it) in a given six-month period."
So it's not really just touched (like an RFE), but fully completed/adjudicated, right?

6 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

This is my theory.  People tried to file the petition with insufficient evidence to see if they could get away with it, then when the RFE comes they drop it... 

Yes, I've heard many people ignored the meeting in person in the 2 years prior to filing because of Covid lockdowns, thinking USCIS would just let go of that requirement. They didn't.

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Thank you! Fingers crossed!! And I thought the 'processed' word had a meaning it was closed since they talk about completed cases when explaining the processing times here. In fact, they say "Processing time is defined as the number of days (or months) that have elapsed between the date USCIS received an application, petition, or request and the date USCIS completed the application, petition, or request (that is, approved or denied it) in a given six-month period."
So it's not really just touched (like an RFE), but fully completed/adjudicated, right?

Yeah, I think that's what that means. Fingers crossed so tightly that you hear something soon – the uncertainty must take such a toll, especially with people in your NOA1 month getting approvals.

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.