AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

No need to create this terrible atmosphere of jealously and contempt. 

That's exactly what was going on.  It got pretty ugly, and the whole post was deleted. 🙅‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Can't say anything about March, but February 22 has had approvals since I started tracking, and no, the majority isn't expedite. Only 8 cases were expedite while 22 were not, and there are few expedites still waiting to be approved or were approved but haven't seen any movement in months.

In my honest opinion, people tend to think USCIS do things in received, chronological order and only processes expedites sooner, that is not the case at all. They work in monthly groups and depends on the USCIS officer and the case as well. While one March 22 case got approved, that doesn't mean AT ALL that they are actively working in March, and the same applies to November, just because someone in date later than November was approved, doesn't mean they abandoned the month.

It's unfortunate to see this, that's honestly why I stay away from FB K1 groups. Every case is different, we have no control over USCIS work, we are all in the same boat waiting for approvals. People can see it as unfair but they gotta think their case will also get approved before someone else's case filed earlier and I'm sure other people will look at it and say it's unfair as well. No need to create this terrible atmosphere of jealously and contempt. 

Honestly, the FB groups are kinda questionable. The amount of incorrect information that is being posted, and lack of wanting to inform yourself...gives me headache haha. We should be happy if someone gets approved...no matter what time order :( But it is what it is...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

That's exactly what was going on.  It got pretty ugly, and the whole post was deleted. 🙅‍♀️

Yikes! Glad things here don't usually get too heated. 

I can see how it could easily get out of hand though. It's a stressful situation for everyone, and on top of that we have people from all over with different language skills, cultural backgrounds, etc. So the opportunity for misunderstanding and frustration increases.

Gotta keep the eye on the prize.

1 minute ago, Bh_sarah said:

I've skimmed through some and also got into a WhatsApp group and this is so true. I understand not anyone can deal with obsessing with data and processes like we do here, but people that simply had more than a year to understand it/get prepared, don't seem to know the first thing about it. Some confuse NOA1 with NOA2, some still think it's 8 months for approval, some think it's all processed in perfect order, etc. It's funny when people get NOA2, get all happy, but instantly freak asking everyone what's next... you should know what's next! haha it's like my family asking every week if I had any news and suggesting impossible solutions to make it faster when they have no idea what we're dealing with. Patience is key – and I say that as a person with little patience.

So true!! When I see people ask what's next after getting their NOA2, I am thinking to myself what have you been doing for the past year?!?!?!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naterson said:

Yikes! Glad things here don't usually get too heated. 

I can see how it could easily get out of hand though. It's a stressful situation for everyone, and on top of that we have people from all over with different language skills, cultural backgrounds, etc. So the opportunity for misunderstanding and frustration increases.

Gotta keep the eye on the prize.

Exactly...it's stressful for everyone :( Everyone wants to be with their love....I tried on FB to reason with person...but he just went full like you don't know shut up basically lol...I am like ?? I am just trying to help...at least people here are understanding, and always friendly (so far in my experience :) ) Definitely a nicer place here than on FB~ :3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

So true!! When I see people ask what's next after getting their NOA2, I am thinking to myself what have you been doing for the past year?!?!?!

Yep!

We are December 2022, and I already have created steps of what comes next, along with links and anecdotes, and examples, so hopefully we can hit the ground running when it's time (less the new waiting that comes with the NOA2).

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

Yep!

We are December 2022, and I already have created steps of what comes next, along with links and anecdotes, and examples, so hopefully we can hit the ground running when it's time (less the new waiting that comes with the NOA2).

October 2022, and we are like already planning moving my stuff over, I have to stay 3 more months after cancelling my apartment, so we are already planning all of this! Even like all vaccinations and stuff...Idk how someone can be salty over someone else being approved! Spend ur time rather planning what to do once u get approved! There is SOO much to think about! I already started shipping some of my stuff to my fiances house even, because if they keep this speed up, we will actually be approved by October/November! He is coming for a months, and 2 months later I stay for a month! Time goes by so quiiick! Honestly rather spend my time getting information and planning than being salty on FB xD 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
59 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Actually, would you mind pointing to the best post-NOA2 resources you know of?

i do what I can to get ready, but more resources is always better. We are a June 22 filer, so we have a few months to get ready. But I want to start now. I am definitely anxious about being totally prepared for NOA2. 

Michael

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

2 hours ago, Naterson said:

There have been anecdotal comments about cases being processed in batches (i.e. an agent gets a stack to work on at a time). If that's the case and one agent is quicker than others they may get to the later cases sooner and show approvals that don't seem to align with the current focus.

It's definitely hard to see USCIS "move on" and be left behind. We're all in this together, and hopefully they can keep up the faster processing and maybe even get even faster. I'm trying to plan for the worst but hope for the best. 

That is actually how it works. There is a Q&A on VJ with a former uscis employee and they said they put files in boxes and you go and pick one up. It also explains why certain dates just happen to fall behind. Those boxes just get picked up later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ok-Mix said:

@Obllak... On FB I just saw a post in the Nov 21 group- referring to your sheet and they are upset about how March 22 is being touched... am I reading it right because it does seem that way.  Hard to believe all those approvals are just from expedite!

Hi! They are not actively working on the March 2022 yet (~1% of processing activity daily - approvals/denials+rejections/withdrawals). All the activity there is from the initial checkup they do when they receive cases (rejections) and some denials on which they do when they start to touch cases. Approvals are from expeditions or random fast approvals. They are not processing anything actively after January. As you can see all months after January has similar % of processed cases (except last few months in 2023), which happen in stage until they start to actively work on the month. No reason to be upset about it, there are just high amount of cases in March and therefore more processed cases (but % similar).

Edited by Obllak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, New Romantics said:

This is the Q&A. It's from 2007 and pretty long but VERY interesting. https://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a/

This was super interesting to read, even though it's certain things changed from 2007 until now. Thank you for sharing it!!

This question though: "I filed my now-husband's I129F about 2 years ago through Vermont.  We are currently in the AOS phase and stuck due to FBI name check.  Up until this point we were 'poster children' for the way K1 immigration SHOULD work - 106 days from filing to visa approval."

106 days. Imagine that! 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

1 minute ago, Bh_sarah said:

This was super interesting to read, even though it's certain things changed from 2007 until now. Thank you for sharing it!!

This question though: "I filed my now-husband's I129F about 2 years ago through Vermont.  We are currently in the AOS phase and stuck due to FBI name check.  Up until this point we were 'poster children' for the way K1 immigration SHOULD work - 106 days from filing to visa approval."

106 days. Imagine that! 

I know! I chuckled when I saw 106 days. I'm at 182 days and counting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.