AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ah I was assuming NVC question was until you get case number. Embassy is def a different variable. 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

1 minute ago, AndiB said:

To my knowledge still variable, they've def sped up from that 3month everyone seemed to be stuck at but can still be 1-3 months. Seems main variable is how long it takes USCIS to send it

Yeah I hope they can speed it up so its about a month. I really don't wanna have to wait another 6 months after noa2 😭

Timeline
1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

Ohh I thought I saw that they have been improving? Just looked at their website and it says they are working on cases they received feb 2? Does that mean those cases got their noa2 months ago or in january? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

It depends how long it takes USCIS to send to NVC. They don't always send it quickly, I saw it can take up to 90 days which seems insane. They say not to contact for 30 days

NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20

---

Ah I was assuming NVC question was until you get case number. Embassy is def a different variable. 

Oh yeah this is what I meant. Just the nvc part. I know some embassies take longer but that is way too unpredictable and differs for everyone. Hopefully the nvc wont take long, that's what i was thinking of

It depends how long it takes USCIS to send to NVC. They don't always send it quickly, I saw it can take up to 90 days which seems insane. They say not to contact for 30 days

I think it depends on if they embassy is backlogged? If they are too busy there is probably a wait period before they can send it off. thats probably why some countries seem to get theirs faster 

Timeline
Just now, New Romantics said:

I think it depends on if they embassy is backlogged? If they are too busy there is probably a wait period before they can send it off. thats probably why some countries seem to get theirs faster 

Yeah I have no idea if NVC is the one who alerts USCIS to send when they know embassy is ready or the NVC holds it if they know embassy is backlogged.

ie not sure if it pauses at USCIS or NVC for busy embassies.. Maybe it's both. All UK people seem to have no issues at NVC/embassy stage at least

---

Just now, AndiB said:

Yeah I have no idea if NVC is the one who alerts USCIS to send when they know embassy is ready or the NVC holds it if they know embassy is backlogged.

ie not sure if it pauses at USCIS or NVC for busy embassies.. Maybe it's both. All UK people seem to have no issues at NVC/embassy stage at least

yeah, i think it definitely depends. best way is probably to compare countries on the timeline vj page. all we can hope for is that it wont take more than 3-4 months from noa2 till interview! that would be ideal haha i'd be more than satisfied 

1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

yeah, i think it definitely depends. best way is probably to compare countries on the timeline vj page. all we can hope for is that it wont take more than 3-4 months from noa2 till interview! that would be ideal haha i'd be more than satisfied 

If they held it for high visa traffic countries (Mexico, China, India, Brazil) you would be waiting for MONTHS before it even getting to the embassy, and I'm not seeing that into what I've looked into for Mexico yet. For Mexico I'm seeing ~5/months of total wait from NOA2 to interview date. 

Side note and also sad note if you want to talk about crazy wait times, the wait time right now for an immigrant visa to the US from Mexico is 20 years. That means that people waiting to legally immigrate to the US from Mexico who are interviewing now applied in February of 2003. 

Just now, FromMexico W/Love said:

If they held it for high visa traffic countries (Mexico, China, India, Brazil) you would be waiting for MONTHS before it even getting to the embassy, and I'm not seeing that into what I've looked into for Mexico yet. For Mexico I'm seeing ~5/months of total wait from NOA2 to interview date. 

Side note and also sad note if you want to talk about crazy wait times, the wait time right now for an immigrant visa to the US from Mexico is 20 years. That means that people waiting to legally immigrate to the US from Mexico who are interviewing now applied in February of 2003. 

Hmm, then I imagine those embassies just have more workers. I think you're right. It seems that it takes on average 4-5 weeks for the nvc to receive and then another 6-8 weeks for them to send it off to the embassy. although i have seen some that have only taken 1-3 weeks to be sent to the embassy. maybe they are speeding up?

also that wait time for mexico is insane! what type of visa is that??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

Yes, check for your own country because now the variables change.

I've been tracking VJ timelines for my country, and recent members are reporting about 3 months from NOA2 to embassy received.  Then about 1 month later the actual interview.  I'LL TAKE THAT! 

8 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

Hmm, then I imagine those embassies just have more workers. I think you're right. It seems that it takes on average 4-5 weeks for the nvc to receive and then another 6-8 weeks for them to send it off to the embassy. although i have seen some that have only taken 1-3 weeks to be sent to the embassy. maybe they are speeding up?

also that wait time for mexico is insane! what type of visa is that??

They do have more workers, but the backlog is just insane for all visa types, and that doesn't factor in the other work that the embassies do. Having worked at a few embassies personally, for visa processing purposes I would rather apply from a country with a smaller applicant pool, like Zimbabwe but I had to fall in love with a Mexican LOL. 

Visa types: F1, F3, F4, and IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I wonder how the backlog looks like for Germany since I have seen like 5-6 people who applied in 2022...lol. It seems like not many people from Germany are applying, feels alone me xD

1 minute ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

They do have more workers, but the backlog is just insane for all visa types, and that doesn't factor in the other work that the embassies do. Having worked at a few embassies personally, for visa processing purposes I would rather apply from a country with a smaller applicant pool, like Zimbabwe but I had to fall in love with a Mexican LOL. 

Visa types: F1, F3, F4, and IR5

Wow that sucks!! Arent those family based? That's gotta sting to have to be apart so long. 😕

Just now, ChiuA said:

I wonder how the backlog looks like for Germany since I have seen like 5-6 people who applied in 2022...lol. It seems like not many people from Germany are applying, feels alone me xD

I feel you. There is only one person that recently got a k1 from greece on vj. that is a very limited pool to draw any kind of conclusions from! lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.