spikes746

My Experience With I-601 Vaccine Exemption on Religious Grounds

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi  @spikes746, thank you so much for sharing your experience, it's been very helpful. If you're willing, could you please send me the same type of information you sent to Eric32d? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

1 hour ago, RosalieS said:

Hi  @spikes746, thank you so much for sharing your experience, it's been very helpful. If you're willing, could you please send me the same type of information you sent to Eric32d? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Sure, will do!

On 8/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, spikes746 said:

Sure, will do!

Hi @spikes746

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Because of the backlash many people who got the waiver prefer not to talk about. I would appreciate it so much if you could send a private message with any info you feel comfortable sharing about the waiver. Two lawyers we spoke to quoted us outrageous amounts to file the waiver. They charge per waiver, so my husband and I have to pay the double. Thank you in advance :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Many Lawyers do not do them, perhaps some will do them for lots of money.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, frndly said:

Hello, 

You mentioned that you filed the I-601 at the same time I filed my I-130, I-485 and I-693. Did you send everything to the same address? or did you send the I-601 to the specific address listed on USCIS's website for this particular form? Thanks!

I cannot remember but I am pretty sure I filed it with everything else to the same address.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi @spikes746 Thank you so much for sharing your experience!  I would appreciate a lot if you could send a private message with any info about the waiver. We are a family trying to get the waiver based on religious belief and we have to submit everything before December.. Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@spikes746

We are about to file my husband's I-601 for vaccine waiver on religious grounds, but are abroad, doing consular processing. 

We have a couple of people to write attestations for him, and have come up with a somewhat coherent statement, but if you could private message me a little more detail on how your summary went, I'd be grateful. We are just nervous about it all, as this has taken far too long already, and don't want to end up prolonging the process any more than necessary so we can finally get home. 

TIA

😊

Timeline

Trying to think which Dutch religion would have an issue.

Anyway it would need to be from verifiable religious sources.

And yes it will take time and money.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

22 hours ago, Boiler said:

Trying to think which Dutch religion would have an issue.

Anyway it would need to be from verifiable religious sources.

And yes it will take time and money.

There are some very religious people in the Dutch biblebelt who refuse to get vaccinated or refuse to get their children vaccinated. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 2:35 PM, spikes746 said:

Will do

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have my medical appointment approaching and will also be filling for an exemption on religious grounds and reading your experience gives me some comfort in the process would you please be willing to private message me the same information you sent Eric32d 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lotti said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have my medical appointment approaching and will also be filling for an exemption on religious grounds and reading your experience gives me some comfort in the process would you please be willing to private message me the same information you sent Eric32d 

FYI That was an adjustment case.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.