Rastamike808

I-485 CC declined to fraud protection

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I recently submitted the I-485 along with credit card authorization for the filing fees. I saw that there was an attempt to charge but Discover blocked for fraud protection it, which I later approved. I saw on the USCIS website that they will not attempt to re-charge the card if this happens.

Will they send the packet back to me or what happens?

To refile can I just send another copy of the whole packet right away rather than wait for some kind of notice saying it was rejected? (I will be paying with check this time.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rastamike808 said:

To refile can I just send another copy of the whole packet right away rather than wait for some kind of notice saying it was rejected? (I will be paying with check this time.)

If you can accept the low probability that fees will eventually be collected for the first I-485, then yes you get send a new packet now.

Given this is an I-485 from K-1, you are already on the hook for cost of 3 petitions, so I'd send I-485 now, especially if you near to or past the I-94 authorized stay.

@Rastamike808 do yourself a favor, for future petitions use personal checks. Sure, it's ancient, but as long as you maintain the funds in your account - the most reliable method of payment.

I would prepare another packet and be ready to ship if your card doesn't get charged by end of next week. Of course, if you're too close to I-94 expiration, follow Mike E's advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Rastamike808 said:

I recently submitted the I-485 along with credit card authorization for the filing fees. I saw that there was an attempt to charge but Discover blocked for fraud protection it, which I later approved. I saw on the USCIS website that they will not attempt to re-charge the card if this happens.

Will they send the packet back to me or what happens?

This happened to us too. We decided to mail new packet asap same week cos we weren't sure if they were gonna mail it back. But guess what.... we received the packet back with a paper from them in top of the packet. 

So depending on the time you have  you can wait to receive it and remail same packet with the paper or just mail another with money order or check. 

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This happened to us last week. I paid two separate credit cart forms for the i485 fee and the biometric services fee. American Express declined on of the payments for fraud suspicious activity. Then the other payment got disappeared from my credit card transactions. We have been waiting for 10 days now and haven't heard anything from them. We're both stressed out and wondering if we should wait or just send another copy if the hole case with new personal checks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.