hamahama

confused about my case (Merged threads)

40 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, hamahama said:

i need to wait more two years again ??

yes. whatever mistakes u did with i-90 is unrelated with i-751 that u supposed to file. so they wont process ur form any faster because of ur mistake with i-90. u should get a lawyer, seems u dont know much about removing the condition of ur greencard. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, hamahama said:

do i need to file with a lawyer or i don’t need a lawyer

Maybe because it appears you don’t know what you’re doing. Normally I would advise people to file these forms themselves however you seem a bit lost. Sometimes it’s better to pay money for peace of mind.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Per 

you are divorcing. Once you file for divorce you need need to inform USCIS to unwise to amend your I-751 to a divorce waiver. Include a copy of the divorcing filing. And get divorced as fast as possible. 

• 7 months later...

Above was merged into an existing thread. @hamahama please do not start new threads when you already have existing ones on this topic as that’s spamming. You have received good advice on this and the thread below. Answers and advice will remain the same no matter how many times you might ask this question.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

• powerpuff changed the title to confused about my case (Merged threads)
18 minutes ago, hamahama said:

me and my wife decide to get divorce but the problem i filled up the i751 to get my new green card and still waiting for uscis to send me my green card 

the question is what i am supposed to do with my case now 

i need help and suggestions 

You or your wife needs file for divorce. Then you need to write to USCIS asking to convert your case to divorce waiver. Include copy of your divorce filing or divorce decree. Better hire a lawyer to help you with this. I don't think you understand the complexity of this case.

Edited by OldUser

19 minutes ago, hamahama said:

me and my wife decide to get divorce but the problem i filled up the i751 to get my new green card and still waiting for uscis to send me my green card 

That was answered in your previous thread.   I still suggest you get a lawyer, since you seem to have much trouble understanding US immigration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, hamahama said:

On 2/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, Mike E said:

Per 

you are divorcing. Once you file for divorce you need need to inform USCIS to unwise to amend your I-751 to a divorce waiver. Include a copy of the divorcing filing. And get divorced as fast as possible. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OK, so back in January and February these questions were already asked and answered.  Are you legally divorced now?  If so, as already stated, you switch the I751 to a divorce waiver by sending notice to the USCIS address on you I751 receipt notice.  Once that happens, USCIS will send you an RFE asking for a certified copy of the divorce decree.

As others have suggested, and I agree, you probably want to get with an immigration lawyer that can give your case some personal attention.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.