5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I filed an I-130 for my husband on June 27, 2007, I received the receipt 2 weeks later. I then filed an I-129F for his K3 visa...that was July 12, 2007 does anyone know about how long it takes to get a receipt? Also my husband entered without inspection....has anyone who entered illegally been approved? My situation is(And I included an detailed Dr.'s note with my I-129F application) that we have an 11 month old son who as born 2 months early and I am currently 6 months pregnant with a very high risk pregnancy....does anyone know if we will have big problems? Thank you so much and God Bless you all....I will say a prayer that all goes well for all of you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I filed an I-130 for my husband on June 27, 2007, I received the receipt 2 weeks later. I then filed an I-129F for his K3 visa...that was July 12, 2007 does anyone know about how long it takes to get a receipt? Also my husband entered without inspection....has anyone who entered illegally been approved? My situation is(And I included an detailed Dr.'s note with my I-129F application) that we have an 11 month old son who as born 2 months early and I am currently 6 months pregnant with a very high risk pregnancy....does anyone know if we will have big problems? Thank you so much and God Bless you all....I will say a prayer that all goes well for all of you.

The CSC is experiencing problems.. http://www.visajourney.com/news/2007/06/29...-system-delays/

There are new laws being put into effect regarding illegals and how they have to go about becoming citizens. I know next to nothing about them or when they will be effective.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm sure that your petitions will be approved...six months more or less. But since he entered illegally. he cannot become legal without leaving the US and being interviewed in Ciudad Juarez. Automatic denial by law for his illegal presence in the US..

Sounds like you have good causes for filing and receiving approval on a waiver... Doctors note at this stage is meaningless...you wil need this kind of evidence when your hubby files for a waiver.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sure that your petitions will be approved...six months more or less. But since he entered illegally. he cannot become legal without leaving the US and being interviewed in Ciudad Juarez. Automatic denial by law for his illegal presence in the US..

Sounds like you have good causes for filing and receiving approval on a waiver... Doctors note at this stage is meaningless...you wil need this kind of evidence when your hubby files for a waiver.

Thank you so much for the info. He has already left, he's been in Mexico for 5 months. I was just hoping that things would go quicker and he could be here for the birth of his baby. Thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you so much for the info. He has already left, he's been in Mexico for 5 months. I was just hoping that things would go quicker and he could be here for the birth of his baby. Thanks again!

There are no new laws being put into effect regarding illegals becoming citizens and even if there were, it would not impact a spousal visa petition. By the time he would be eligible to become a citizen, he would be a legal permanent resident so there's no relationship.

In any event, as posted, there's no reason to send anything with a petition regarding your health, and it will be approved as long as you followed the guidelines. When you get to the interview stage (4-6 months for K3s in CDJ) he will be denied and told if he is eligible to file a waiver. If he is, you will submit the hardship letter and evidence at that time through the Ciudad Juarez pilot program and if all goes well, he'll be approved the same day or next and be able to return to the US legally.

Make sure you check out the details of the pilot program (google search or click on my profile and click on the first topic listed) so that you understand everything about it and the infopass appointment scheduling well in advance. Also read the information on the CDJ website regarding waiver criteria as well as attorney Laurel Scott's 601 guidance memo on her site: www.visacentral.net

Finally, move over to www.immigrate2us.net where they are plenty of very helpful and supportive people with accurate information regarding the entire petition and waiver process in Mexico. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.