mitzab

Advance Parole Expiry Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I tried searching here so apologies if I missed and if someone has already answered.

My wife received her advanced parole in September 2022, she traveled without any issues and was out of country for 30 days and came back in December 2022. 

When she arrived at her POE they stamped the AP and Passport both with stamp which states paroled Until December 2023. 

What exactly does this mean? Can she travel till December 2023 if she wants as I thought it expires one year after issue date. 

Appreciate your responses.

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Parole through marriage is multi use.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

29 minutes ago, mitzab said:

I tried searching here so apologies if I missed and if someone has already answered.

My wife received her advanced parole in September 2022, she traveled without any issues and was out of country for 30 days and came back in December 2022. 

When she arrived at her POE they stamped the AP and Passport both with stamp which states paroled Until December 2023. 

What exactly does this mean? Can she travel till December 2023 if she wants as I thought it expires one year after issue date. 

Appreciate your responses.

Your wife's Advance Parole expires in Sept 2023, correct?

FYI I had the same question in which my AP was expiring in Oct 2022 and the CBP Agent stamped my passport to Aug 2023 when I traveled back in August. I asked the CBP Agent what it meant and she said you can "enter and exit" until Aug 2023 even though your AP says it is expiring in Oct 2022. However, I chose not to believe her. I chose to follow what is in the USCIS AP which specifically stated expiring Oct 2022 as I did not want to risk it. I re-applied for AP 3 months before expiry and got it 4 months later. It is free to re-apply. Just attach your I-485 receipt.

Edited by chancecody

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
54 minutes ago, mitzab said:

What exactly does this mean? Can she travel till December 2023 if she wants as I thought it expires one year after issue date

She can travel until the Advance Parole Document aka I-512) expires.  The “until December 2023” stuff has no effect on her lawful presence or on her travel privilege.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Boiler said:

Parole through marriage is multi use.

Yes that's understood

15 hours ago, chancecody said:

Your wife's Advance Parole expires in Sept 2023, correct?

FYI I had the same question in which my AP was expiring in Oct 2022 and the CBP Agent stamped my passport to Aug 2023 when I traveled back in August. I asked the CBP Agent what it meant and she said you can "enter and exit" until Aug 2023 even though your AP says it is expiring in Oct 2022. However, I chose not to believe her. I chose to follow what is in the USCIS AP which specifically stated expiring Oct 2022 as I did not want to risk it. I re-applied for AP 3 months before expiry and got it 4 months later. It is free to re-apply. Just attach your I-485 receipt.

This is the confusion that agent stamping it beyond the suspected expiry date.  I say suspected because the issue date is mentioned on the document but the expiry date. 

15 hours ago, Mike E said:

She can travel until the Advance Parole Document aka I-512) expires.  The “until December 2023” stuff has no effect on her lawful presence or on her travel privilege.  

Yes that's understood,  but is the expiry date just calculated based on when the document is issued,  because as stated the issue date is mentioned on the document. The expiry date is not,  the only time I saw an expiry date on this document is after this stamp. Which Shows paroled until date.....

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, mitzab said:

Yes that's understood,  but is the expiry date just calculated based on when the document is issued,  because as stated the issue date is mentioned on the document. The expiry date is not,

Strange.

Does your document look like this?

4605079.jpg?666

or does it look like this:

advanced-parole.jpg

?

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.