JasperReign

B2 Denial/ Extreme Wait Times

20 posts in this topic

I’m a US citizen and my husband is Tunisian. I’ve been out of the country living and working in Kuwait/ UAE for almost 2 years now (he’s now in UAE with me). 

While in Kuwait we applied for B2 and he did the interview in Tunisia since Kuwait embassy wasn’t doing them. We had our marriage license, reservations, invite from my mother, bank statements, EVERYTHING. They looked at NONE of his paperwork and denied him under 214a, that he couldn’t prove his intent.

Now my grandfather is ill and we’ve filled out the application here in Dubai but the first interview date isn’t until April of 2024. 

Do we have other options here? I want my husband to be able to meet all my family before that chance is gone, and I don’t trust interviewing in Tunisia again since they didn’t even view our papers the first time. I’m losing hope that we’ll ever be able to see my family.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
9 minutes ago, JasperReign said:

I’m a US citizen and my husband is Tunisian. I’ve been out of the country living and working in Kuwait/ UAE for almost 2 years now (he’s now in UAE with me). 

While in Kuwait we applied for B2 and he did the interview in Tunisia since Kuwait embassy wasn’t doing them. We had our marriage license, reservations, invite from my mother, bank statements, EVERYTHING. They looked at NONE of his paperwork and denied him under 214a, that he couldn’t prove his intent.

Now my grandfather is ill and we’ve filled out the application here in Dubai but the first interview date isn’t until April of 2024. 

Do we have other options here? I want my husband to be able to meet all my family before that chance is gone, and I don’t trust interviewing in Tunisia again since they didn’t even view our papers the first time. I’m losing hope that we’ll ever be able to see my family.

From what I observed  they don’t just approve after 214(b) denial. My mother in law just got denied again this week after waiting a year to apply. Her citizenship is Pakistan and they are currently residing in Kuwait and it was the Kuwait US embassy who denied them. Now, her 3rd denial to date. 

She couldn’t attend out wedding ceremony in the states last year, and probably no hope of coming to her son’s master graduation ceremony this May. It’s definitely sad. I wish I had better news for you. 

Maybe Duabi is better? Idk. I wish you luck, and please keep me posted as we are in same situation. Thanks!

C97B5957-A153-4165-BEF2-2780ED8AEA3A.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, JasperReign said:

Other than emergency appointment, I see no options.  Your husband doesn't have enough strong ties to his home country to overcome the assumption of intent to immigrate to the US.  The CO is under no obligation to look at his evidence.  In fact, the evidence you listed shows no ties to his country.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Other than emergency appointment, I see no options.  Your husband doesn't have enough strong ties to his home country to overcome the assumption of intent to immigrate to the US.  The CO is under no obligation to look at his evidence.  In fact, the evidence you listed shows no ties to his country.

Why would he have ties to his country when we both live and work outside our home countries? It’s impossible to have ties back home when you’re an expat. I don’t even have ties to the US because I’m abroad as well. I don’t understand what they expect from us. 😞

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Request an expedited/emergency appointment due to the illness but he will get denied again if he doesn’t show ties to somewhere. Many expats still have ties to other countries. Has he been back to Tunisia since you all have lived in UAE? 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

3 hours ago, JasperReign said:

It’s likely because your husband is applying for a non-immigrant visa but is in every position (married to US citizen) to immigrate. Lots of people try to bypass the immigrant visa process via non-immigrant visas, and upon arrival in the US adjust their status. I don’t think you have any options here aside from applying for spousal visa. I think if you keep trying for the B it would be a waste of time unfortunately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
4 hours ago, JasperReign said:

Ah man this sucks a lot.

should have and waited for the us embassy in Kuwait to reopen the visas because they are very generous when it comes to handing b2 visas for foreign spouses of US citizens (Me and many others that I know).

not helpful I know but I don’t think you can come over a denial of that sort.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, JasperReign said:

Why would he have ties to his country when we both live and work outside our home countries? It’s impossible to have ties back home when you’re an expat. I don’t even have ties to the US because I’m abroad as well. I don’t understand what they expect from us. 😞

Ties to his home country to Own property,  have a job and will return after a tourist visit is what immigration looks at 

strong ties to home country are mandatory for a B1/B2 visa 

no ties -  no tourist visa 

he has no ties to return to UAE  and strong ties to AOS and stay in the USA and that is against him

5 hours ago, throwitaway said:

It’s likely because your husband is applying for a non-immigrant visa but is in every position (married to US citizen) to immigrate. Lots of people try to bypass the immigrant visa process via non-immigrant visas, and upon arrival in the US adjust their status. I don’t think you have any options here aside from applying for spousal visa. I think if you keep trying for the B it would be a waste of time unfortunately.

Thing is I’m not even living in the US and haven’t stepped inside the US in almost 2 years. You can only get a spousal visa if you file for immigrant visa and we have zero desire to stay in the US. 😞

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JasperReign said:

Thing is I’m not even living in the US and haven’t stepped inside the US in almost 2 years. You can only get a spousal visa if you file for immigrant visa and we have zero desire to stay in the US. 😞

If that’s the case why is it so difficult for your husband to show ties to somewhere? 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, JasperReign said:

Do we have other options here? I want my husband to be able to meet all my family before that chance is gone

Wishful thinking on your part. Accept the reality, it’s not going to happen unfortunately.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.