Carpe Vinum

Interesting Article About Processing Ttimes

6 posts in this topic

I thought this article was very interesting. It breaks down how long it takes to adjudicate a specific form or filing.

https://www.cato.org/blog/uscis-will-charge-3000/hour-process-work-authorization-under-new-rule

Finally done...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

.. Sadly, 751s are not even on the list

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

26 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

.. Sadly, 751s are not even on the list

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence 1.54 hours $ 775.97 $1,195 $595 $ 386.36

You just have to scroll a little 😉

Finally done...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

USCIS Will Charge $3,000/Hour To Process Work Authorization under New Rule”

With that kind of revenue, good luck filing a writ of mandamus to get an I-765. USCIS can hire lawyers out of law school, pay them $50 an how ($100K a year), and tie up simple petitions forever.  

Other petitions have similar fees per hour and thus USCIS will be welcoming more litigation.  Federal courts will be swamped.   

If these hikes go through (and as the analysis increases I do expect the courts to say no again) then  I think occurrences  of spousal I-485s are going to decline by double digit percentages. This includes adjustment of status though K-1, B status, and visa waiver. I-485 through F-1 status will limp along, with freshmen and sophomores filing and juniors and seniors balking. 

The exceptions to the above will be when the petitioning spouse is affluent or has an affluent parent, sibling, uncle, or aunt.  

The result will be a shift of more  of USCIS’s current spousal burden to the state department.  We will see fee hikes there as a result. 

I think legal immigration fees should be fair.  But discouraging lawful immigration, especially by people from countries where people are inclined to have more children, is counter productive considering the aging population. As Americans we better hope that improving AI and robotics  are good enough to replace the lost   labor from an aging workforce.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Efficient government work...

Albeit, this does not consider all other administrative handling (systems, lock-box, etc.)

Not making excuses, rather IMO, it takes a lot of nerve to raise rates when times have gone up steadily since the promise last March to improve times.

Lower wait times, and then show why the need for more money exists.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

US President Joe Biden has announced a new plan to accept up to 30,000 migrants each month in a bid to tackle the border crisis.

Authorities will also expand expulsions under Title 42, a controversial Trump-era policy that has blocked thousands at the US-Mexico border.

The new policy will apply to asylum seekers from Cuba, Nicaragua, Haiti and Venezuela.

It is modelled on existing programmes for Venezuelans and Ukrainians.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64178720

I think most of this is free

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.