DaisyDoll

NVC Past Case Approval Timeline, No Welcome Letter

23 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, DaisyDoll said:

My fiancé is Belarusian, which means the case should be going to Warsaw, Poland.

Check the post below from @slavaskii on the process for Belarusian K1 beneficiary at Warsaw.  Note that NVC has suspended call-in services, so you will only get your NVC case number when NVC sends your case to Warsaw, or you proactively email them.  Even so, you still need to wait for Warsaw to send Packet 3.

Edited by Chancy
typo

1 hour ago, DaisyDoll said:

Thanks for all this info

My only doubt is the steps between NVC receiving my approval and Warsaw consolate sending notification. Do I need anything from NVC at this point or just wait for them to forward? I was just worried the case isn't in their system yet but apparently the Timeline is normal so I'm more at ease about that. Do I even need that case number prior to the consolate sending me notification? 

I do understand now that we will pay any fees AFTER receiving word from the consolate, which i was wrong about. Appreciate everyone here helping to clarify that. 

I will follow your advice to reach out to the consolate if it seems to take too long. Seems everything is bienal for now. Thanks again! 

Like I mentioned, the only info you really need from the NVC is the case number. And as @Chancy said, you may not even need the invoice ID.

So I would wait for the NVC to send the case number or contact the consulate if you think your case has been forwarded.

2 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Like I mentioned, the only info you really need from the NVC is the case number. And as @Chancy said, you may not even need the invoice ID.

So I would wait for the NVC to send the case number or contact the consulate if you think your case has been forwarded.

Thanks! Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Check the post below from @slavaskii on the process for Belarusian K1 beneficiary at Warsaw.  Note that NVC has suspended call-in services, so you will only get your NVC case number when NVC sends your case to Warsaw, or you proactively email them.  Even so, you still need to wait for Warsaw to send Packet 3.

Thanks for this! Very helpful

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

There is simply no invoice ID for K1. It's only the case number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 1/5/2023 at 9:24 AM, Chancy said:

Thank you for linking me! The procedure is still the same, though I recall hearing from some applicants that there's more 'failsafes' built in to TravelDocs to ensure you have Packet 3 before scheduling an interview. The medical facility (the only one authorized in Poland) is also very strict about ensuring you're eligible; in some cases, even asking for the interview date. TLDR: any applicant going through Warsaw should definitely wait to do anything until being contacted.

To help OP, we got an email from NVC that our case was on its way to Warsaw about two months after the I-129F approval. Though most people had a really long wait to then be contacted by Warsaw, ours came very quickly - only 2-3 weeks after that. My (now) wife left for Poland and had a Polish address at the time, though, so I'm not sure if our timeline is 'standard' for Belarusians. As a note, we received only 1 email from Warsaw and nothing physically in the mail - neither to me nor to her. The email from Warsaw included all relevant instructions - translated to Russian - and a scanned copy of the I-129F, which I found pretty interesting.

The correspondence from NVC was merely a formality to say the packet was being sent out, though I think it did contain the case number (we had managed to call for it at the time).

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 1/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, EatBulaga said:

The stats on the Warsaw consulate shows an average of 72 days from NVC to the K1 interview.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php

Given your NOA2 is October 14, 2022, adding up all the averages, 173 days=48+53+72, to the interview, so your estimate is about April 2023, if everything goes on average. And the Packet 3 notification can be received about 101 days=48+53, which is about Jan-Feb, 2023. But trends have been increasing so it is very possible that the wait times can be extended.

However, you can start looking ahead and prepare for the Packet 3, which includes info about what to prepare for the interview and how to schedule the interview.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pl/en/immigrant-visa#kvisa

But what is more important is the Packet 3 notification timing, which gives you an idea of when to schedule the interview with the consulate.

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Poland&cty=Warsaw

You can also check out some of the Warsaw consulate reviews about what to expect.

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Poland

And some of the other cases with similar Warsaw Timelines.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op7=Poland&dfile=No&op1=&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28&cfl=0

Hey! Do you think scheduling interview before getting an email from Warsaw Embassy will cause any complications to my case? I heard a lot of people book their interview in advance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.