Highmystic

Citizen appt and oath in Phoenix AZ

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wife has her appointment or Citizenship end of January in Phoenix, AZ.. It's a 4 hr drive, so we are getting a hotel room for a couple nights.

I've read that many  times, the Oath is scheduled for another day, and sometimes very short notice.  I would HOPE that the Oath would be the same day

but if not, we will have to make the trip again on short notice.  It would be great if it got scheduled in Vegas which is only 1.5 hrs drive.

My question is,   in Phoenix, is it customary to wait on the Oath or normal to do it the same day?   and if delayed can it be scheduled in Las Vegas

for the Oath?

It's great that the USCIS has these civics testing on Youtube!   She watches them for hours every day.  I am lightly surprised of the things even I didn't' know, or forgot! LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We are from Phoenix, and I have my interview on 24th. My wife had are interview on Nov 11th and oath on Nov 14th. I have researched and found that they havent done same day oath ever. I would prepare to stay 2 to 5 days after interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

We are from Phoenix, and I have my interview on 24th. My wife had are interview on Nov 11th and oath on Nov 14th. I have researched and found that they havent done same day oath ever. I would prepare to stay 2 to 5 days after interview.

Self deleted post 

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
1 hour ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

Maybe I can all and have here appointment moved to Vegas.  It would be very very difficult to stay more than 3 days.  I have a business I would have to shut down while we wait and wait.. Thanks for your response!  Appreciated.

1 hour ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

Question... How long did the Interview take?    We planned on spending 2 nights, because we need to visit the Apostille just 8 minutes away..  Her apt is at 11,  and if it does not take long waiting also, we can get to the Apostille later that afternoon and head back.. I'd rather do the round trip in a single day than stay for days..  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

Maybe I can all and have here appointment moved to Vegas.  It would be very very difficult to stay more than 3 days.  I have a business I would have to shut down while we wait and wait.. Thanks for your response!  Appreciated.

Question... How long did the Interview take?    We planned on spending 2 nights, because we need to visit the Apostille just 8 minutes away..  Her apt is at 11,  and if it does not take long waiting also, we can get to the Apostille later that afternoon and head back.. I'd rather do the round trip in a single day than stay for days..  

my wife’s appointment took more than 1:30 but the actual interview was only 10 mins and they printed out the oath letter and handed it to her. She waited inside the lobby in a big hall until they called her..

Timeline
2 hours ago, Highmystic said:

Wife has her appointment or Citizenship end of January in Phoenix, AZ.. It's a 4 hr drive, so we are getting a hotel room for a couple nights.

I've read that many  times, the Oath is scheduled for another day, and sometimes very short notice.  I would HOPE that the Oath would be the same day

but if not, we will have to make the trip again on short notice.  It would be great if it got scheduled in Vegas which is only 1.5 hrs drive.

My question is,   in Phoenix, is it customary to wait on the Oath or normal to do it the same day?   and if delayed can it be scheduled in Las Vegas

for the Oath?

It's great that the USCIS has these civics testing on Youtube!   She watches them for hours every day.  I am lightly surprised of the things even I didn't' know, or forgot! LOL

Your wife can always request for a same day oath at the end of the interview. While i dont know the situation with the pheonix office, here in Dallas they generally do big ceremonies EXCEPT if you live outside a 2 hour radius of the metroplex. Then you are typically given a same day oath given the drive. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

my wife’s appointment took more than 1:30 but the actual interview was only 10 mins and they printed out the oath letter and handed it to her. She waited inside the lobby in a big hall until they called her..

Thanks for the info!  Didn't think the interview was too long.. but the wait.. LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.