Sarge2155

N-400 January 2023 Filers

612 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Thoughts about taking our 2 and a half year old to the interview? I am hoping for a combo interview so my husband will come with me just in case, but our daughter never stayed with a babysitter before and I'm sure it would be stressful for me to leave her on that day for the first time. On the other hand my inlaws would watch her, she loves staying with them, but they would have to ask for a day off so that is my last resort. Would they even allow us to bring her in for the interview?  Any help appreciated 

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

@SanjaAlex my personal opinion it's best not to bring the kid to USCIS field office. It's stress for the child. In addition, not every IO may like children, you don't want that bias affect the course of your interview.

I agree wholeheartedly, do not take the child!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

@OldUser  @Sarge2155 thanks for the input. I'm definitely leaning towards not taking her as I want to minimize the stress on all of us that day and I remember how it was in the office the day I went for AOS. Gonna talk to inlaws to see can she stay with them. 

Hey everyone, 

We have a pending I-751 filed Oct 2021. We finally bit the bullet and filed our N-400 last week. We received our Receipt Notice this week and got out biometrics appt letter in the mail today. Bio appt is in two weeks. Also saw our I-751 was transferred to new office that now has jurisdiction on Wednesday. Hoping both gets adjudicated this year. 

Just got a text and checked online.  A biometrics appointment was scheduled. “ On Feb 4th…” I’m amused that I’m notified today the 3rd but it’s dated for tomorrow and the government would do anything on a weekend. 

I’m real curious to when it will be. I can’t see the actual notice. Also still waiting for hard copies in the mail. 

The 751 status is still showing unavailable.  

The mysteries of USCIS continue…

Edited by Emw2290

1 hour ago, Emw2290 said:

Just got a text and checked online.  A biometrics appointment was scheduled. “ On Feb 4th…” I’m amused that I’m notified today the 3rd but it’s dated for tomorrow and the government would do anything on a weekend. 

I’m real curious to when it will be. I can’t see the actual notice. Also still waiting for hard copies in the mail. 

The 751 status is still showing unavailable.  

The mysteries of USCIS continue…

Just go to section and select documents

..notice will be there and u can see the date

Just now, Jazii said:

Screenshot_20230203_215032_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Jazii said:

Screenshot_20230203_215032_Chrome.jpg

After a few hours and checking a few times it finally show up in the document section. 

thanks!! 

On 1/29/2023 at 8:51 AM, ImmigrantKrish said:

If you do not have an account, then you will need to create one. If you already have one (I think you would if you file online), then log into that account, check under documents tab to see the NOA and bio-reuse (if they do) mailers.

If you do not have account, you will get them (NOA and Bio) by USPS and you will get them in 7 - 10 days, or 5+ business days. You should register the account online so you can check to make sure you get interview scheduled letter online, before you get it via usps.

since your daughter is under 18, you DO NOT apply for n-400. Wait for either you or your wife gets naturalized certificate, then apply for her passport/passport card and then claim the citizenship with N-600 ( I believe, some one correct me if I am wrong). She inherits the citizenship from the parents, provided she is under 18 and some other rules.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/explore-my-options/citizenship-through-parents

Thank you both. So I do have an online account. 

ETA: at filing 21 months :(.  ETA as of 2/3: 10 months. 

Bio reuse: NO :(. Appointment received on 2/3 for Biometrics on 2/22. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We got a biometrics notice in the USCIS account today too. Biometrics is scheduled 2/23 at 3:00PM.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, beloved_dingo said:

We got a biometrics notice in the USCIS account today too. Biometrics is scheduled 2/23 at 3:00PM.

Good to go!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Cool, Does it change ETA?. I am still waiting on Bio appointment

22 hours ago, Greencard-22 said:

Hey everyone, 

We have a pending I-751 filed Oct 2021. We finally bit the bullet and filed our N-400 last week. We received our Receipt Notice this week and got out biometrics appt letter in the mail today. Bio appt is in two weeks. Also saw our I-751 was transferred to new office that now has jurisdiction on Wednesday. Hoping both gets adjudicated this year. 

Ur i751 case got transferred to new office...did u see it under i751 case status? Or u got something in mail about it?

3 minutes ago, Jazii said:

Ur i751 case got transferred to new office...did u see it under i751 case status? Or u got something in mail about it?

You will see it in your online account and if you use a tracking app you'll get a report there, and also you'll get a hard copy NOA in the mail.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, MK_Dallas said:

Cool, Does it change ETA?. I am still waiting on Bio appointment

Yes it did, it went from 18 months down to 11 months. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.