27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Yea im pissed off at a lot of things regarding this immigration #######. And yes, Im questioning everything. Noone here will be able to give me any kind of answer but Im going to speak my mind. I dont think you may understand that yes, i know the system is unfair. I know fully that its not just Brasil. Why should an Italian for example, be able to come here without a tourist visa and a Brazilian has to have one? Any American citizen has the right to be with the one they are going to marry without her having to go through a humiliating gyno exam. What business does the government have getting into her private parts? The government makes our future spouse pay a high price for that OUR right. No wonder our government is so hated abroad. Embassy employees are very cruel and rude to applicants for a visa and its so unnecessary. Its a bunch of ####### that those with Cuban fiances get their approvals so fast and others have to wait and submit RFE's for no reason. Good for them however, but the system can obviously move faster for us all too and not just because our fiance would be a Cuban. If a faster approval can work for them it can work for us all. Consolidating service centers doesn't help any either. The government wants to take more money from us and at the same time give us worse service. I havent heard squat from Uncle Sam since I applied on June 5. Thats all i got to say for now.

CSofA

Firstly, Not every American has the right to be married period...remember the huge debate about gay marriage in this country? Secondly, if you don't want your fiancee to go through the US immigration procedures, then you can go through the immigration procedures for Brazil. Countries have processes to become citizens, it's not just the United States. Thirdly, while you may have a RIGHT to get married, guaranteed by the US Constitution, your fiancee doesn't have that protection yet because she's not a citizen. You'd like the US to enforce their version of human rights on the rest of the world? Isn't that what we're constantly being criticized for doing? The rest of the world doesn't hate us because our embassies employ rude people. They hate us because of our foreign policy.

There is a lot about this system that isn't fair. Especially the waiting times. It sucks. But the fundamentals are the same, no one is getting through on a K-1 without that medical, No one is getting through without having to go to that interview. I can see the problem you're having about tourist visas, but as far as the fiance visas are concerned, their denial isn't as arbitrary as tourist visas.

My K-1 Timeline:

02/08/2007: Engaged on top of Table Mountain!

03/27/2007: Sent I129f to NSC

04/04/2007: NOA1 (from CSC)

06/27/2007: NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/09/2007: Paper NOA2 in the mail

07/13/2007: NVC sent our petition to Jo'burg!!

07/27/2007: Packet 3

09/20/2007: Successful Interview!!!

09/27/2007: Visa in hand

10/02/2007: E's flight lands at 2:10 in Chicago!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If people don't like the fact that their SO's can't easily get visitor visas, don't get cranky at the US gov't, get cranky at all the fellow countrymen/women who came before your SO and abused the system so much that your country is considered high-fraud. is that fair? Nope. Does it suck? Yep. But that's the reality.

The OP's posts make me cranky on so many levels, but I will refrain!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yea im pissed off at a lot of things regarding this immigration #######. And yes, Im questioning everything. Noone here will be able to give me any kind of answer but Im going to speak my mind. I dont think you may understand that yes, i know the system is unfair. I know fully that its not just Brasil. Why should an Italian for example, be able to come here without a tourist visa and a Brazilian has to have one? Any American citizen has the right to be with the one they are going to marry without her having to go through a humiliating gyno exam. What business does the government have getting into her private parts? The government makes our future spouse pay a high price for that OUR right. No wonder our government is so hated abroad. Embassy employees are very cruel and rude to applicants for a visa and its so unnecessary. Its a bunch of ####### that those with Cuban fiances get their approvals so fast and others have to wait and submit RFE's for no reason. Good for them however, but the system can obviously move faster for us all too and not just because our fiance would be a Cuban. If a faster approval can work for them it can work for us all. Consolidating service centers doesn't help any either. The government wants to take more money from us and at the same time give us worse service. I havent heard squat from Uncle Sam since I applied on June 5. Thats all i got to say for now.

CSofA

Firstly, Not every American has the right to be married period...remember the huge debate about gay marriage in this country?

Um, yes, we do all have the right to "marry" but we don't yet have the right to redifine "marriage" as something other than between a man and a woman. We have the right to marry any person of the opposite gender, we please, within certain restrictions of the law. For instance you can't legally marry your blood brother or sister or a six year old in any state, etc. A USC can't currently marry an Egyptian in Egypt (that's current Egyptian law) but they can marry the Egyption here or elsewhere.

What we don't have the right to do is dictate that our government not enact and enforce immigration laws that apply to people we marry or intend to marry.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Firstly, Not every American has the right to be married period...remember the huge debate about gay marriage in this country?

Um, yes, we do all have the right to "marry" but we don't yet have the right to redifine "marriage" as something other than between a man and a woman. We have the right to marry any person of the opposite gender, we please, within certain restrictions of the law. For instance you can't legally marry your blood brother or sister or a six year old in any state, etc. A USC can't currently marry an Egyptian in Egypt (that's current Egyptian law) but they can marry the Egyption here or elsewhere.

What we don't have the right to do is dictate that our government not enact and enforce immigration laws that apply to people we marry or intend to marry.

Yes, you're totally correct. All gay men have the right to marry straight women...or gay women for that matter. But that's sort of like saying that everyone has the right to vote, as long as they vote for republicans.

Edited by Quinn

My K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, you're totally correct. All gay men have the right to marry straight women...or gay women for that matter. But that's sort of like saying that everyone has the right to vote, as long as they vote for republicans.

No, it's like saying everyone has the right to vote or not vote but not to change the definition of "vote". :yes:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have great love for Brazil, but i really dont see what this has to do with brits and germans :(

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Cassie, I'm actually going to have to agree with you. I actually feel bad for those people sitting there processing our visas. i live in nyc and the number of illegal people here is astounding. i believe in a better life for people and if it means living in the usa then great. but i feel like we're all just really rolling over and taking it by going about it the legal way. the unfairness of this really bothers me.

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Timeline

No, it's like saying everyone has the right to vote or not vote but not to change the definition of "vote". :yes:

Sorry, clearly this should be in Off Topic area, but the Constitution has not defined marriage as between a man and woman...that's why people want to introduce an amendment to do just that. The people behind that amendment believe they have the "right" to redefine marriage. This would "redefine" marriage, by defining the people allowed to marry, instead of on the act itself. For instance, in illinois, there's a statute governing marriage, which sets out the requirements to get married, with no reference to the sex of the participants, and there's a separate section that specifically prohibits people of the same sex from getting married under the marriage statute. So yes, in essence, if you define marriage as "between a man and woman," then your statement holds true. But other people don't define marriage in terms of the biology of the participants, and so my statement holds true. :yes:

My K-1 Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filed: Timeline
i believe in a better life for people and if it means living in the usa then great. but i feel like we're all just really rolling over and taking it by going about it the legal way. the unfairness of this really bothers me.

Don't be discouraged. Trust me, it's worth it. It is no fun being in this country without status. (I had to deal with my husband) You can never fully benefit from or live American life to the fullest. And by that I mean drivers license, SSN, work authorization, health care, 401K, social security, bank loans, mortgage, etc.

Maybe you can get some of these things as an illegal, but not all of them.

And then, there is everyday living your life in fear of getting caught, detained and deported.

Edited by USnoiva

(JUNE 8, 2004) Married

(SEP. 8, 2004) Filed I-130, EAD, and AOS in Boston MA

(NOV. 3, 2004) Fingerprints/Biometrics

(NOV. 12, 2004) EAD approved online

-EAD card received

-SSN received

-MA learner's permit/license received

(FEB. 19, 2005) We receive our appointment letter

(MAY 31, 2005) AOS APPROVED!!!

(MAY 16, 2007) Applied for removal of conditions through Vermont Service Center

(JUNE 29, 2007) Fingerprints/Biometrics

(NOV 28, 2007) Conditions APPROVED!!! (Got 10yr card)

Marriage ends in Spring of 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know it's all unfair, but the simple answer is 'cus people enter US ilegally. From all over, but from some countries more than others. They make it hard for those who try to it legally, to make sure they indeed have good intentions, and are not simply in the quest of the holy green card.

Personally, being a brazilian, and proud of it, I'd have NEVER entered US ilegally, as bad as my country's situation might be, it's to me the best place in the world. Every time I heard of someone I knew saying they got a tourist visa and didn't plan to return, I expressed my opposition to this sort of thing. I rather be struggling in my country than being ilegal and treated like ####### in someone else's.

I am here in Puerto Rico now 'cus my husband wanted me to come, and try and start life here, and we might move to US to get a better jobs, but I hope one day I can go back to Brazil, and live there, 'cus I miss it every single day.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I know it's all unfair, but the simple answer is 'cus people enter US ilegally. From all over, but from some countries more than others.

My take was never that the problem with tourist visa denials was related to illegal entry. In fact, almost the opposite. That too many people enter on a legal tourist visa and never go home -- that's why one of the key requirements to prove non-immigrant intent and intent to return home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.