SMK 89

Pending I-751 and Passed by N-400 Interview - No Updates Still

21 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2023 at 6:28 AM, SMK 89 said:

Sadly, I heard nothing back for 2 MONTHS -- and i think it was because of what i started actively doing, not because it happened naturally on their process....see below. I knew something was off/wrong because a woman that interviewed the same day as me in Nashville (but with a different USCIS person) got her approval 2 days later (her and i had basically an identical case/immigration process except for the person that interviewed). So I started sending messages via that inbox feature (I never got a real response just a generic).

Finally on February 13, 2023 I was desperate and panicking since there was no traction and no real communication given to shed some clarity, so I went on the USCIS website and pushed through a case inquiry under the category "lost approval letter". I didn't know what else to do and it felt like my case was lost so I figured what could it hurt. Well, it turns out that those inquiries get sent to the field office you interviewed at because on February 14, 2023, i got a response to my inquiry which seems to have come from the field office i went to, saying that their records say I had been approved. I was shocked and said there is no way. Well, i logged in and there it was so that lady MUST have looked up my case and saw how long it was in limbo and just approved it or something because all that was too much of coincidence. And later that day my status in the system that I could check online also changed. SO -- my advice for anyone going in for their N-400 interview and still no green card and they dont approve both on the day of or within a month (for no good reason, i.e., you didn't have any complications in your case) is start sending formal inquiries -- not via that inbox portal in your My USCISC but where you process lost mail/etc inquiries. Wish I did it sooner and honestly i have no idea how much past February I would have been waiting if it didn't do what I did ---- 

Thank you. Its been 2 months for our case as well. Guess will try what you mentioned :)

On 12/4/2023 at 3:29 AM, SMK 89 said:

I just replied the below to someone else...try this and see if something happens....

Sadly, I heard nothing back for 2 MONTHS -- and i think once i finally heard back it was because of what i started actively doing, not because it happened naturally on their process side....see below. I knew something was off/wrong because a woman that interviewed the same day as me in Nashville (but with a different USCIS person) got her approval 2 days later (her and i had basically an identical case/immigration process except for the person that interviewed). So I started sending messages via that inbox feature (I never got a real response just a generic).

Finally on February 13, 2023 I was desperate and panicking since there was no traction and no real communication given to shed some clarity, so I went on the USCIS website and pushed through a case inquiry under the category "lost approval letter". I didn't know what else to do and it felt like my case was lost so I figured what could it hurt. Well, it turns out that those inquiries get sent to the field office you interviewed at because on February 14, 2023, i got a response to my inquiry which seems to have come from the field office i went to, saying that their records say I had been approved. I was shocked and said there is no way. Well, i logged in and there it was so that lady MUST have looked up my case and saw how long it was in limbo and just approved it or something because all that was too much of coincidence. And later that day my status in the system that I could check online also changed. SO -- my advice for anyone going in for their N-400 interview and still no green card and they dont approve both on the day of or within a month (for no good reason, i.e., you didn't have any complications in your case) is start sending formal inquiries -- not via that inbox portal in your My USCISC but where you process lost mail/etc inquiries. Wish I did it sooner and honestly i have no idea how much past February I would have been waiting if it didn't do what I did ---- 

Thank you, I will try this right away! I actually sent a letter last week addressed to the officer that interviewed me and in 5 days (12/9/2023) I will have passed the 120 day mark when I legally have the right to a decision on my N-400. I was also planning on sending my information in to my US Representative and hope that they can help. I guess it doesn't hurt to try and request a lost approval notice as well! 

Thanks for everyone's recommendations on what to do! I tried sending in an inquiry about a "lost approval letter" and I got this response back "Your case is under active review by an immigration officer. You should be receiving a decision or notice of further action at the address of record shortly. If you have not received a decision or notice of further action within 120-days of this response, please feel free to submit a new inquiry by calling the USCIS Contact Center."  I really don't want to wait ANOTHER 120 days since I have already waited 120 days since my N-400 and I-751 combo interview. I have now submitted all my information to my local US Representative to see if they can help speed up the process.

4 hours ago, Rebecca92 said:

I really don't want to wait ANOTHER 120 days since I have already waited 120 days since my N-400 and I-751 combo interview. 

I wish USCIS cared about what we immigrants want. But they don't.

4 hours ago, Rebecca92 said:

I have now submitted all my information to my local US Representative to see if they can help speed up the process.

If nothing, Writ of Mandamus is the last resort.

On 12/7/2023 at 4:30 PM, OldUser said:

I wish USCIS cared about what we immigrants want. But they don't.

If nothing, Writ of Mandamus is the last resort.

Thank you! I hope it will get resolved soon. My representative got back to me and told me that they have submitted an inquiry about my case to USCIS but that it can take up to 6 weeks before they get an answer. Not much more I can do at the moment but wait! 

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2023 at 5:49 PM, Rebecca92 said:

Thank you! I hope it will get resolved soon. My representative got back to me and told me that they have submitted an inquiry about my case to USCIS but that it can take up to 6 weeks before they get an answer. Not much more I can do at the moment but wait! 

@Rebecca92 did this ever get resolved?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.