A031

Will Ending School Scholarship in New Country Look Bad?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My fiance lives in Turkey and has a scholarship for school. That is the only way she has residency there as she is originally from Morocco. Will it look bad for her to stop going to school there and continue the residency? She is only a year into her 4 year program and it is not something she wants to continue or that will be related to her future US job potentially. 

I know that visa interviews can sometimes ask about situations like this. If she was living in Turkey for the purpose of school and stopped going while living there then I'm worried it could raise red flags. She would have to do internships that would be time-consuming and pointless for hospitality jobs and they would be completely unpaid if she continues school. We met while she was still living in Morocco and she came to school about a year later in Turkey.

Her attending school now creates unnecessary work, doesn't have an end goal, and takes time away from our schedules and potential other career internships she would actually be interested in. I know she could move back to Morocco but our interview will be scheduled in Turkey as the paperwork is now (still waiting on the NVC, our initial petition did get approved though)

Advice is appreciated :)

23 hours ago, A031 said:

My fiance lives in Turkey and has a scholarship for school. That is the only way she has residency there as she is originally from Morocco. Will it look bad for her to stop going to school there and continue the residency?

You said her scholarship is the only way she has residency in Turkey.  How will she continue to be a legal resident if she stops going to school, which seems to be what her residency is contingent on?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 12/23/2022 at 4:18 PM, Chancy said:

You said her scholarship is the only way she has residency in Turkey.  How will she continue to be a legal resident if she stops going to school, which seems to be what her residency is contingent on?

She would still have a while after dropping out to where Turkey would care about her status.

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Please do not start multiple threads asking same or related questions. ~~

6 minutes ago, A031 said:

I want to know whether my fiance dropping out of school will effect the visa. She lives in another country to go to school there and that’s how she got her residency. 

Would it be suspicious and make red flags for the interview, or would it be fine. She really wants to drop out since she doesn’t need it.

(She’s a moroccan living in turkey who wants to move to the US with me)

Thanks for the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.