Updown28

Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case...but no Message

16 posts in this topic

HELP HELP HELP!!!

I got the following (below) but no email when or status changes when I check.. I waited 5 days to see if it will come in, but nothing still. 

"The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document."

I sent them an email and the follow up with below. I checked, but still no message. How do I know what additional financial documents they are requesting. this is really frustrating. Please help:

"We sent a message to your account through the online Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov letting you know that some required financial documents are missing.

To read our detailed message, log on to CEAC using your NVC case number and invoice ID number. 

The site will open on your Summary Information page. To read your messages, just click on the New Message icon under Messages on the right side of the page.

The financial documents checklist shows the required documents that have not been filed or need to be replaced. You must upload the missing documents to CEAC before we can continue processing your immigration visa application." 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is happening quite a lot right now, don't worry too much as I think it's something wrong with the system instead of your case. Hopefully NVC fixes it soon.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/743490-nvc-emailed-but-ceac-inbox-has-no-message/

@MALIK HADI I was paranoid, so I uploaded additional financial documents and photographs not knowing if they needed it or not. But I have yet to submit it again. 

I have done exactly that, i.e., submit brief inquiry with the CEAC portal screenshot attached. That was actually the first thing I did and they responded with above response regarding financial documents 

I currently do not have interview date, but it will be with the US embassy in Lagos Nigeria. I am the petitioner, I have already flown to Nigeria in anticipation that they will call my spouse soon for interview. I have all of the original documents they would need on hand. 

Edited by Updown28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Updown28 said:

@MALIK HADI I was paranoid, so I uploaded additional financial documents and photographs not knowing if they needed it or not. But I have yet to submit it again. 

I have done exactly that, i.e., submit brief inquiry with the CEAC portal screenshot attached. That was actually the first thing I did and they responded with above response regarding financial documents 

I currently do not have interview date, but it will be with the US embassy in Lagos Nigeria. I am the petitioner, I have already flown to Nigeria in anticipation that they will call my spouse soon for interview. I have all of the original documents they would need on hand. 

I highly suggest you learn to manage your anxiety around immigration. This is not going to be your last rodeo with them.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Updown28 said:

What is your DQ date? Lagos scheduling is at July 28, 2021 for IR/CR. Can you please complete your timeline this helps our stats on the site. Thanks

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Updown28 said:

@dwheels76 I do not have a DQ date yet. My priority date is November 28, 2021. How do go about completing a timeline?

Click on Immigration timelines and click to edit timeline. Or on your profile click on Timeline and fill it out. Have you already submitted all your documents to NVC and you are just waiting for review. Hard to know where you are in process but know right now it's 20 month wait after DQ for interview.

Edited by dwheels76

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

@dwheels76 I have submitted all documents. Just waiting for it’s to be approved and interviewed date to be scheduled. I do understand that every immigrant visa case is different, so it is difficult to estimate how long the process will take for a specific individual. With regards to the three factors that contribute to the processing time required:

• Time Required to Process a Petition

The time it takes for USCIS to approve a petition varies according to the type of petition and the specific USCIS office involved. I completed this step. It took 11 months 

Time Required to Process through NVC and the Embassy/Consulate General

My understanding is that Once a petition is approved, if it is in an immediate relative category as is the case for me or has a current priority date(also the case here), it is largely up to how long it takes to get an interview appointment. The more quickly I follow the instructions provided by the National Visa Center (NVC) and submit all requested documents, the sooner an appointment can be scheduled. I do not believe it will take 20 months. Appointments are usually scheduled for the month after all documents are submitted. Visas are normally available within a few days of the interview.

Time for Case to Become Current

For certain categories of immigrants, the law allows only a limited number of visas to be issued each year. These cases are processed strictly in order of the date the petition was filed (this is the priority date). Visas cannot be issued until an applicant's priority date is reached (the application becomes current). This could take several years. While it is impossible to say exactly how long it will take, the Visa Bulletin, published monthly, lists the priority dates currently being processed, which may provide an indication of how much time remains.

Note: When the petitioner naturalizes, all F2A petitions (spouse or minor child of a permanent resident) are automatically converted to IR1 (spouse of an American) or IR2 (child of an American) petitions. Mine is IR1. These visa categories are not subject to the visa quota system and will, therefore, always have visas available for the beneficiaries' use if they qualify for visa issuance.

Edited by Updown28

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Updown28 said:

@dwheels76 I have submitted all documents. Just waiting for it’s to be approved and interviewed date to be scheduled. I do understand that every immigrant visa case is different, so it is difficult to estimate how long the process will take for a specific individual. With regards to the three factors that contribute to the processing time required:

• Time Required to Process a Petition

The time it takes for USCIS to approve a petition varies according to the type of petition and the specific USCIS office involved. I completed this step. It took 11 months 

Time Required to Process through NVC and the Embassy/Consulate General

My understanding is that Once a petition is approved, if it is in an immediate relative category as is the case for me or has a current priority date(also the case here), it is largely up to how long it takes to get an interview appointment. The more quickly I follow the instructions provided by the National Visa Center (NVC) and submit all requested documents, the sooner an appointment can be scheduled. I do not believe it will take 20 months. Appointments are usually scheduled for the month after all documents are submitted. Visas are normally available within a few days of the interview.

Time for Case to Become Current

For certain categories of immigrants, the law allows only a limited number of visas to be issued each year. These cases are processed strictly in order of the date the petition was filed (this is the priority date). Visas cannot be issued until an applicant's priority date is reached (the application becomes current). This could take several years. While it is impossible to say exactly how long it will take, the Visa Bulletin, published monthly, lists the priority dates currently being processed, which may provide an indication of how much time remains.

Note: When the petitioner naturalizes, all F2A petitions (spouse or minor child of a permanent resident) are automatically converted to IR1 (spouse of an American) or IR2 (child of an American) petitions. Mine is IR1. These visa categories are not subject to the visa quota system and will, therefore, always have visas available for the beneficiaries' use if they qualify for visa issuance.

well none of this is relevant to you. What visa category are you? Every waits the same time to be reviewed waiting for interview is embassy specific. I was giving you the wait time for IR/CR for Lagos. They are at July 28, 2021 DQ.
For Case Review they are on Nov. 11. It's usually a 6 week walk from last submission.
Here is the link to check timeframe for Case Review.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Edited by dwheels76

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.