Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

281 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
Just now, Zahra12345 said:

Yeah hopefully, we got interview letter last month and my husband is barely doing his medical this week and interview is in 2 weeks. Pray all goes well!

All will be good! Where will your spouses be joining you? I'm a USC so my husband will be immigrating to the US whenever it's our time..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

We are in Minnesota area :) Tickets are pricey tho so we probably wait like a bit to go down.  I pray it happens soon for you :) 

My spouse is in Uganda but has to interview in Kenya. Tickets prices from Uganda have always been at least $1200 one way when I can get a round trip ticket for the same price.. go figure.  I can't wait to hear that your spouse will be joining you soon! 

3 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

My spouse is in Uganda but has to interview in Kenya. Tickets prices from Uganda have always been at least $1200 one way when I can get a round trip ticket for the same price.. go figure.  I can't wait to hear that your spouse will be joining you soon! 

Same for you, I want all families to be reunited soon its so sad how long we have waited

Timeline
On 6/26/2023 at 8:56 AM, Zahra12345 said:

Same for you, I want all families to be reunited soon its so sad how long we have waited

Question for you? Since being DQd Feb 2022, did you need to resubmit the affidavit of support for the current year or any other paperwork, prior to the interview? 

17 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Question for you? Since being DQd Feb 2022, did you need to resubmit the affidavit of support for the current year or any other paperwork, prior to the interview? 

Yes, my situation has also changed I had a baby and also stopped working and started graduate school so I have to now have a joint sponsor. So I will be uploading updated information and changing my household size to 3. Make sure to upload everything to your ceac account. Many people are put into AP since they don't upload updated info

Just now, Zahra12345 said:

Yes, my situation has also changed I had a baby and also stopped working and started graduate school so I have to now have a joint sponsor. So I will be uploading updated information and changing my household size to 3. Make sure to upload everything to your ceac account. Many people are put into AP since they don't upload updated info

From what I heard tho is do not do it until you receive letter and status goes to ready otherwise it will mess with your DQ date

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

From what I heard tho is do not do it until you receive letter and status goes to ready otherwise it will mess with your DQ date

Oh Yes.. of course I need to wait for the IL. Thanks for that great information! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I was hoping to have great news, but my husband had his interview yesterday and he answered everything the officer was kind and said everything looks good. Then went for the refused form and my husbands heart sank, so when he inquired why, the officer said you need to update the Ds260 to include your son. I am so confused by all this as Ds260 is locked and cannot edit, but the officer told him I opened it for your edit it and then we will see it. My husband asked if he will need another interview but the officer said no nothing like that just update the ds260 to include your son and we will reevaluate. So now we are in refused category, everyone is telling me since they kept his passport its a great sign and especially since they did not request any documents to be sent. Most people are confident we will get issued within the week, but as of now I feel heartbroken and confused. May Allah make this easy for me. Keep me in your prayers!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zahra12345 said:

Hey everyone! I was hoping to have great news, but my husband had his interview yesterday and he answered everything the officer was kind and said everything looks good. Then went for the refused form and my husbands heart sank, so when he inquired why, the officer said you need to update the Ds260 to include your son. I am so confused by all this as Ds260 is locked and cannot edit, but the officer told him I opened it for your edit it and then we will see it. My husband asked if he will need another interview but the officer said no nothing like that just update the ds260 to include your son and we will reevaluate. So now we are in refused category, everyone is telling me since they kept his passport its a great sign and especially since they did not request any documents to be sent. Most people are confident we will get issued within the week, but as of now I feel heartbroken and confused. May Allah make this easy for me. Keep me in your prayers!

I'm sorry for this. This human beings calling themselves interview officer, do they not know people have families and miss them? First you wait for years and then the day comes one guy behind a window denies you. Keep heart. 

3 minutes ago, Eduh said:

I'm sorry for this. This human beings calling themselves interview officer, do they not know people have families and miss them? First you wait for years and then the day comes one guy behind a window denies you. Keep heart. 

Thanks in 3 minutes they change your life, and decide your fate!

@Eduh did you receive your interview?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

Thanks in 3 minutes they change your life, and decide your fate!

@Eduh did you receive your interview?

Nope not yet. 18 months now. Still waiting.  

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

Can you please elaborate a little further regarding your son? Does the son live with you or him and what's the age? Are they both migrating or just one? I'm a little confused.. I surely hope you get good news this week after adjusting what they want you to adjust. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.