Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
32 minutes ago, PaulinPA said:

Hi Truserenity11:

I keep hoping the 22-month wait is a temporary elongation. One factor that may have contributed to the longer wait this year is that Kenya snagged an unusually large number of Africa's 2024 diversity visas. Indeed, the published monthly immigrant visa counts for Nairobi reflect this.  By my way of thinking, the more diversity visa interviews, the less interview slots for CR1/IR1 applicants. Since all the 2024 diversity visa interviews must be completed by September 30th, I think that means we will see more CR1/IR1 interviews beginning this October. Fingers crossed!

I’m not sure how it indicated I said the above response when it was 1wildcat, but according to many it’s currently been a 22 month long wait because of the fact they prioritize diversity visas for several months out of the year and kinda put the rest on back burner. I was the 2nd person to have responded to this thread back in late 2022 which back then we all thought it would be like a year or so based on previous activity. They have always blamed covid as to the reason why immigrant visas were taking so long but we didn’t believe that as we saw 100s of DV being processed from months March thru Aug-Sept. I was really shocked to have received our IL in the first batch of many immigrant visa interviews since March 2024. I’m hoping for miracles to be had because keeping families apart for years is very uncalled for and very damaging imo. There are yet many who have gotten lost in the shuffle who were DQd prior to me and are still waiting to be reunited with their families. This has been a long painful road. I haven’t seen my husband in over 3.5 years and by the time we reunite it will be less than 2 months away from our 4th wedding anniversary. And who knows?? It could’ve been all the noise being made here recently amongst the protests and outrage in Kenya. All the best 🙏🏽

Edited by Truserenity11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 9/27/2024 at 1:37 AM, Truserenity11 said:

All the best 🙏🏽

Thank you Trueserenity11. And thank you for helping to keep this thread active. Today is the 29th of September. My soulmate and i got married on December 29th, 2020. So one of the things we do is wish each other a "happy anniversary" on the 29th day of every month. Today, for instance, is our 45th-month anniversary. As for being separated, we've just come to accept that as part of our "normal." We also FaceTime nearly every day, and then text between our FaceTime calls. We are fortunate insofar as we have been able to spend time in person during the stretch of days between late December and early January. Anyway, we had hoped to spend the holidays together in the U.S. this year, but now it's looking like I will need to travel to Nairobi instead. Unfortunately, airline tickets to Nairobi are noticeably higher this year!

Timeline
8 hours ago, PaulinPA said:

Thank you Trueserenity11. And thank you for helping to keep this thread active. Today is the 29th of September. My soulmate and i got married on December 29th, 2020. So one of the things we do is wish each other a "happy anniversary" on the 29th day of every month. Today, for instance, is our 45th-month anniversary. As for being separated, we've just come to accept that as part of our "normal." We also FaceTime nearly every day, and then text between our FaceTime calls. We are fortunate insofar as we have been able to spend time in person during the stretch of days between late December and early January. Anyway, we had hoped to spend the holidays together in the U.S. this year, but now it's looking like I will need to travel to Nairobi instead. Unfortunately, airline tickets to Nairobi are noticeably higher this year!

Happy anniversary!! We’re married Feb 12, 2021 so every 12th for us. We have not been fortunate enough to visit one another as I’ve mainly been the sole provider since Covid. Our relationship dates back to April 10, 2018, my father’s late birthday. This November 11th will be my 4th and last birthday spending it alone as a married woman. We’ve been using Whatsapp since 2018, texting, audio and video calls. I’ll be so glad when I can finally, put the phone down. 🙏🏽

Edited by Truserenity11

I can definitely relate to the above posts. My wife and I got married on Feb 29th 2020. We celebrate our anniversaries on the 28th of Feb. And this upcoming year will be yet another anniversary far apart 💔 and anniversary number 5. 

Despite the distance I'm thankful and grateful to have made it this far and still hope for the day to finally be reunited without constantly having to do it through Whatsapp. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wagzy said:

I did! Interview on 13th Nov. It's been a looong wait. 

IAM Soooo happy for you!!🥹 It’s our time… Congrats… I told you you were NEXT!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Wagzy said:

I did! Interview on 13th Nov. It's been a looong wait. 

Congratulations, Wagzy! If I've correctly followed your timeline, you were DQ in December of 2022. If that's correct, then that confirms the wait for an IL is still running at about 22 months.

10 hours ago, PaulinPA said:

Congratulations, Wagzy! If I've correctly followed your timeline, you were DQ in December of 2022. If that's correct, then that confirms the wait for an IL is still running at about 22 months.

I counted still looks like it lines up to 22 month wait period for IL. 

You should be expecting to hear something in January 2025... maybe... pending the same pace continues. 

Well we continue to remain patient and keep hope alive! 

Timeline

The State Department just released its August, 2024 data about the number of immigrant visas issued by consular post. In Nairobi, there were 34 IR1 visas, 127 IR2, 7 IR5, and just 3 CR1. Conversely, there were 547 DV, which tells us where the embassy's resources have been concentrated. (For comparison, there were 54 IR1 visas and 254 DV issued in August of 2023.) I wish all the DV winners much success on their journeys even though, this year, the wait time in Nairobi for family preference visa interviews has grown.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uganda
Timeline
26 minutes ago, PaulinPA said:

The State Department just released its August, 2024 data about the number of immigrant visas issued by consular post. In Nairobi, there were 34 IR1 visas, 127 IR2, 7 IR5, and just 3 CR1. Conversely, there were 547 DV, which tells us where the embassy's resources have been concentrated. (For comparison, there were 54 IR1 visas and 254 DV issued in August of 2023.) I wish all the DV winners much success on their journeys even though, this year, the wait time in Nairobi for family preference visa interviews has grown.

On Monday this week i got some good news. I received my IL. My PD is 16th/12/2021, DQed 16th/12/2022, IL 30th/09/2024 & interview scheduled for  15th/11/2024 . Good luck to all of you

Timeline
On 10/4/2024 at 1:11 AM, steven kasiko said:

On Monday this week i got some good news. I received my IL. My PD is 16th/12/2021, DQed 16th/12/2022, IL 30th/09/2024 & interview scheduled for  15th/11/2024 . Good luck to all of you

Congratulations, Steven! More confirmation that it's taking 22 months after DQ to get IL. I hope the interview goes well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.