Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 4/7/2024 at 8:16 PM, Wagzy said:

Hang in there. Can't get worse. Hitting the 16 month mark on wed myself. I have a feeling you'll get the IL this time round. 

This is so frustrating today is 6th/08/2024 & i was dqed 16th/dec/2022 with no RFEs but nothing yet. Any updates please share

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
Just now, steven kasiko said:

This is so frustrating today is 6th/08/2024 & i was dqed 16th/dec/2022 with no RFEs but nothing yet. Any updates please share

It must be in the air. I feel like I’m on the verge of a nervous breakdown today. Nothing yet…

The case type: IR1 

Filed year 4/15/2022.

The case was sent to NVC on 11/7/2023.

visa case documentarily qualified on 1/4/2024.

The U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, is a prolonged waiting interview U.S. embassy in East Africa country. The NVC has informed me and told me your case will remain with the NVC until the embassy has an available slot for an interview. They have cited a nonlogical reason for the backlog of cases due to COVID-19 closures. I have been waiting for my wife's visa interview to be scheduled for more than seven moths.

What steps have I taken so far:

I hired a dedicated law firm for immigration lawyers, which is a very pricey law firm, to file a lawsuit for the agency to do their work.

Unfortunately, the team returned and informed me that the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, required at least a spouse visa to wait one year after the case was documentarily qualified. They refunded me all the money and told me to come back with us if the embassy does not schedule a visa interview in January 2025.

My suggestion for those considering selecting for the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya.

I strongly advise you to go elsewhere because the wait at the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, is so long. You will lose money and time during this extended period of time. In particular, some documents require renewal after 12 months. This will cause a long separation time and a time consuming.

Edited by Adam.s

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/6/2024 at 10:23 AM, Adam.s said:

The case type: IR1 

Filed year 4/15/2022.

The case was sent to NVC on 11/7/2023.

visa case documentarily qualified on 1/4/2024.

The U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, is a prolonged waiting interview U.S. embassy in East Africa country. The NVC has informed me and told me your case will remain with the NVC until the embassy has an available slot for an interview. They have cited a nonlogical reason for the backlog of cases due to COVID-19 closures. I have been waiting for my wife's visa interview to be scheduled for more than seven moths.

What steps have I taken so far:

I hired a dedicated law firm for immigration lawyers, which is a very pricey law firm, to file a lawsuit for the agency to do their work.

Unfortunately, the team returned and informed me that the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, required at least a spouse visa to wait one year after the case was documentarily qualified. They refunded me all the money and told me to come back with us if the embassy does not schedule a visa interview in January 2025.

My suggestion for those considering selecting for the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya.

I strongly advise you to go elsewhere because the wait at the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, is so long. You will lose money and time during this extended period of time. In particular, some documents require renewal after 12 months. This will cause a long separation time and a time consuming.

Here’s the numbers for July

IMG_5469.jpeg

Timeline

O….M….G!!!!!!!!! We FINALLY GOT OUR IL !!!! 22 months !!!! Scheduled for Oct 31 !!!!! 

Please click on my timeline to learn the rest. I AM BESIDES MYSELF AS OUR TIME HAS FINALLY COME !!!! DQd Nov 2022… it’s time for my husband and I to start preparing for his interview in Nairobi Kenya. We will celebrate the new year together in the physical…. OMG. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

O….M….G!!!!!!!!! We FINALLY GOT OUR IL !!!! 22 months !!!! Scheduled for Oct 31 !!!!! 

Please click on my timeline to learn the rest. I AM BESIDES MYSELF AS OUR TIME HAS FINALLY COME !!!! DQd Nov 2022… it’s time for my husband and I to start preparing for his interview in Nairobi Kenya. We will celebrate the new year together in the physical…. OMG. 

I never imagined this day! So happy for y'all. Well in. Am the backlog now! 😂

I patiently wait for Dec DQ's, we should be up soon. If we don't see you here again, we understand. All the best

Timeline
6 hours ago, Wagzy said:

I never imagined this day! So happy for y'all. Well in. Am the backlog now! 😂

I patiently wait for Dec DQ's, we should be up soon. If we don't see you here again, we understand. All the best

You ARE next! I’m not going anywhere until my husband arrives dammit 🤣 We have been suffering waaaay too long and I want to see those who have been on this same journey just as happy and relieved as we are now. 22 months Wagzy… never would’ve imagined. Me and husband met online before Covid, got married after Covid and never imagined life to become so difficult, but keep your faith and exercise all the patience you can possibly think of… I never thought I would see this day!! Thank you 😊

Edited by Truserenity11

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Quick update: My spouse has completed his medical exam and it’s being sent directly to the embassy. No more sealed envelopes to carry with you to your interview. The only vaccination he was missing was varicella which they gave to him during the appt. I’ve uploaded my recent tax return and his current police record will be available for pick up soon so he can upload to the ceac portal. We’re now preparing for the interview, obtaining copies of everything necessary, etc. I’ll update you all after Oct 31st. 

Timeline

Hi everyone:

I'm new to this thread, so before going further I just want to express my appreciation for the posts that have already been made. It's really helpful to learn from others' experiences. Anyway, just to add a little of my own experience, I am a USC, and my spouse and I became DQ on March 23, 2023, so we are coming up on our 18-month waiting mark for an IL. If it's true that the queue is currently taking 22 months, that means we won't be getting our IL until January, 2025. Ugh! Our wedding anniversary is December 29th, and we were really hoping to spend it in the USA, along with Christmas and New Year's. Back in the spring we got a one-way refundable ticket for December 18th, but now I'm starting to think I will need to fly to Nairobi instead. The one glimmer of hope I have is that, last year, autumn was a busy month for issuing IR1 visas in Nairobi. There were 45 issued in September, 2023; 85 in October, 2023; 105 in November, 2023, and then 60 in December, 2023. So, in effect, I am hoping that a bunch of ILs will be sent out in the next few weeks for interviews in November and December. Let's keep those fingers crossed! 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2024 at 12:17 PM, Truserenity11 said:

Happy for you!!! I've actually been reading over and following this thread quietly for some time now but never interacted lol. 
I was DQ'd in Aug 2024... So my guess is following the 22-month waiting period that would be June 2025 as expected time to hear about interview from Nairobi Embassy.

But nonetheless, Congratulations! YOU. ARE. ALMOST. THERE‼️ 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, 1wildcat said:

Happy for you!!! I've actually been reading over and following this thread quietly for some time now but never interacted lol. 
I was DQ'd in Aug 2024... So my guess is following the 22-month waiting period that would be June 2025 as expected time to hear about interview from Nairobi Embassy.

But nonetheless, Congratulations! YOU. ARE. ALMOST. THERE‼️ 

Thank you so much!! We are getting more and more excited as we complete each requirement leading up to the interview. It still doesn’t seem quite real right now but I know it’s really happening. According to your dates you mentioned, if you were DQd in 2024 it will be in 2026 when you hear from the embassy unless they miraculously start working really really hard, because from the months of March through August they tend to focus solely on DV with very few immigrant visas being issued. Staying busy is my best advice in order to help the time go by. It has been extremely stressful but soon it will all be worth it‼️

42 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Thank you so much!! We are getting more and more excited as we complete each requirement leading up to the interview. It still doesn’t seem quite real right now but I know it’s really happening. According to your dates you mentioned, if you were DQd in 2024 it will be in 2026 when you hear from the embassy unless they miraculously start working really really hard, because from the months of March through August they tend to focus solely on DV with very few immigrant visas being issued. Staying busy is my best advice in order to help the time go by. It has been extremely stressful but soon it will all be worth it‼️

Amazing!!! 

Opps typo on my end: DQ date was Aug 2023* phew~ Im already mentally exhausted I don't think I can handle delays until 2026 lol so HOPEFULLY I'm in that June 2025, July 2025, or Aug 2025 window or earlier. 

and thank you for your advices! will be looking forward to further updates‼️

Timeline
On 9/24/2024 at 11:18 PM, Truserenity11 said:

So my guess is following the 22-month waiting period that would be June 2025 as expected time to hear about interview from Nairobi Embassy.

Hi Truserenity11:

I keep hoping the 22-month wait is a temporary elongation. One factor that may have contributed to the longer wait this year is that Kenya snagged an unusually large number of Africa's 2024 diversity visas. Indeed, the published monthly immigrant visa counts for Nairobi reflect this.  By my way of thinking, the more diversity visa interviews, the less interview slots for CR1/IR1 applicants. Since all the 2024 diversity visa interviews must be completed by September 30th, I think that means we will see more CR1/IR1 interviews beginning this October. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.