phang0603

Biometrics Appointment not received

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone

We filed for 131,485,765, 864 and 130 and USCIS received my application on Dec6. my 485 Adjustment of Status is from Tourist Visa and I married a US citizen.

I checked the status of  my 485 last Decemvber 16 and it says: On December 17, 2022, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice.

We checked our mailbox no Biometrics appointment we received. Has anyone experience this? What should i do? attached is the screenshot from the USCIS status online. 

Biometrics appt.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you saw a December 17 notification on the 16th, it could be a time zone difference. I'm just guessing. Aside from that, there's nothing unusual. You just do what the notification says and wait for the letter with your appointment. You wouldn't expect to receive it the day it was sent, so I'm a little perplexed by your question. You should get it soon and, if you don't by January 16th, follow the directions in the notification.

17 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

If you saw a December 17 notification on the 16th, it could be a time zone difference. I'm just guessing. Aside from that, there's nothing unusual. You just do what the notification says and wait for the letter with your appointment. You wouldn't expect to receive it the day it was sent, so I'm a little perplexed by your question. You should get it soon and, if you don't by January 16th, follow the directions in the notification.

I agree with @Joyoussinger 

Do you have an online account set up with USCIS? I got my notification the same way as you and when I checked my online account I was able to see the letter there with the date of my biometric appointment.

Timeline
On 12/18/2022 at 1:49 AM, Joyoussinger said:

hi there! thanks for the reply! i received my online access code and i checked the documents sent to me. so it says that my appointment will be on jan 5. I got panicked when i saw the status On December 17, 2022, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice. I thought they scheduled it on dec 17: )

13 hours ago, TedsGirl said:

Do you have an online account set up with USCIS? I got my notification the same way as you and when I checked my online account I was able to see the letter there with the date of my biometric appointment.

hi yes i got the access code now and i saw the letter alreayd. it says on jan 5.  :) 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, phang0603 said:

hi there! thanks for the reply! i received my online access code and i checked the documents sent to me. so it says that my appointment will be on jan 5. I got panicked when i saw the status On December 17, 2022, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice. I thought they scheduled it on dec 17: )

hi yes i got the access code now and i saw the letter alreayd. it says on jan 5.  :) 

Oh! I would have panicked, too! I'm so happy you got your answer! 😊

*** Removed two related threads.  Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic, as that is considered spamming.  Post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

1 hour ago, phang0603 said:

Hi Everyone

TIll now I have not received my appointment letter for my I-485 AOS from tourist visa to marriage based visa. my appoitnmetn will be on Jan 5, 2023.  I checked my online portal account in USCIS and i have a copy of the appointment letter. Can i use the one i have in my online accouny in case i did not received the original biometrics appointment letter?

49 minutes ago, phang0603 said:

Hi Everyone

I filed concurrently for mY 130, 485, 131, 765 . Tourist Visa to Marriage  Based Visa. USCIS received my papers Last Dec 6, 2022 and received my NOA for 131 485 and 130 except for 765. I have already my biometrics appointment on Jan 5, 2023 but still did not received the original appointmet I just got from my online account the copy of my appointment. How come I dont have yet the notice of my 765? 

Timeline
On 12/18/2022 at 6:53 PM, TedsGirl said:

hi are you going to use the one who received on ur online account? i have not received the original till now. I opened my online account and saw that my biometrics will be on january 5

5 minutes ago, phang0603 said:

hi are you going to use the one who received on ur online account? i have not received the original till now. I opened my online account and saw that my biometrics will be on january 5

My biometrics have been completed already. I saw the notification in my online account as well as a hard copy one that came in the mail.

I don’t see an issue in attending the appointment as long as you bring a copy of the biometric appointment letter with you, as my understanding you cannot enter the ASC office without it.

All the best to you!

Edited by TedsGirl
Clarification

Timeline
Just now, TedsGirl said:

My biometrics have been completed already. I saw the notification in my online account as well as a hard copy one. 

I don’t see an issue in attending the appointment as long as you bring a copy of the biometric appointment letter with you, as my understanding you cannot enter the ASC office without it.

All the best to you!

i only have the one in the online account. can i use that in case i have not received the original?  i applied also for 765 concurrenly but till now i have not receive the receipt date

Just now, phang0603 said:

i only have the one in the online account. can i use that in case i have not received the original?  i applied also for 765 concurrenly but till now i have not receive the receipt date

Yes, you can use that.

Your bio appointment covers the EAD application. 

Timeline
Just now, TedsGirl said:

Yes, you can use that.

Your bio appointment covers the EAD application. 

thank you so much! how long did they approve the EAD after your biometrics?

1 minute ago, phang0603 said:

thank you so much! how long did they approve the EAD after your biometrics?

You’re welcome!

If you click on my timeline you can see but it was a little shy over 6 months.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TedsGirl said:

You’re welcome!

If you click on my timeline you can see but it was a little shy over 6 months.

oh ok and after that you had interview for the GC? so the EAD and SSN came first before the GC?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, phang0603 said:

Yes. Print it off 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, phang0603 said:

oh ok and after that you had interview for the GC? so the EAD and SSN came first before the GC?

Usually EAD and AP are processed faster than  the GC application   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.