Sabela

"No record found for traveler" on I-94 after entry to the USA

22 posts in this topic

Hi all,
I am sorry, but I'm freaking out. Just entered the USA as a lawful permanent resident (CR1 process), and when I try to look up my I-94 for employment purposes, this error message pops up: "No record found for traveler". I even entered my old passport number, but it's giving me information about my last entry LAST year (w my old one). Anyone faced the same issue? Who should I contact? Thanks 😕

18 minutes ago, Sabela said:

Hi all,
I am sorry, but I'm freaking out. Just entered the USA as a lawful permanent resident (CR1 process), and when I try to look up my I-94 for employment purposes, this error message pops up: "No record found for traveler". I even entered my old passport number, but it's giving me information about my last entry LAST year (w my old one). Anyone faced the same issue? Who should I contact? Thanks 😕

When and where were you admitted?   The SAVE system doesn’t always update in real time at every POE, from what I understand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sabela said:

Hi all,

Why try to use the I 94 when you have a stamped visa in your passport which states on the bottom of the visa that  it is your temporary I551 ie Green card for up to 1 year while  you wait for the card to be printed

Edited by Lil bear

Just now, Sabela said:

Thank you for your answer, @Jorgedig. I entered on Dec. 12through Miami International Airport. I don't know what the issue might be 😢

Hmm.   Well, you could give it through the weekend.   Some people have had to physically go to the CBP office at the airport to correct errors on admissions.

Did they stamp your visa with the ‘green card equivalent’ stamp at entry?

@Lil bear, they asked me for it at my institution for employment purposes (to fill out an I-9).  However, when I read the List A (list of acceptable) documents I should provide, one of them says: "Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa". So, the VISA stamped in my passport should suffice? They did ask me for my I-94... And sent me home (they said something about waiting for the actual green card, but that can take months). I am confused. Thanks for your help in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Working and Traveling, from Ir1/CR1 P&P - the Op is asking about employment after entry~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Sabela said:

@Lil bear, they asked me for it at my institution for employment purposes (to fill out an I-9).  However, when I read the List A (list of acceptable) documents I should provide, one of them says: "Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa". So, the VISA stamped in my passport should suffice? They did ask me for my I-94... And sent me home (they said something about waiting for the actual green card, but that can take months). I am confused. Thanks for your help in advance 

The stamped visa is all you need. Yes that is the document in list A. The HR person is wrong. Show them the stamped visa with the exact wording on the  bottom  of it as the description in list A 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/60-evidence-of-status-for-certain-categories/61-lawful-permanent-residents-lpr

From the USCIS manual

employees choose with document they present .. employers cannot demand a specific one  

The stamped visa is a uscis acceptable temporary evidence  and is clearly identified in this link 

Print off this info.. highlight the applicable statements .. put on a cheerful smile and present your passport and completed form again 

Edited by Lil bear

Thank you for your help, @Lil bear! Couple of last questions regarding this if you don't mind me asking:

1. Won't I have a I-94 then?

2. My employer, as part of the I-9 Compliance, is asking me to fill another form, in which they ask me for my "Alien Registration Number/USCIS Number" (see attached). I selected the "Alien number" option from the drop down menu, and then I typed the 8-digit Registration Number that appears on my visa, but then this error comes up: "Alien number must be a 9-digit number.". I even entered the letter "A" before the number. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again for your patience 

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-16 a las 19.06.48.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sabela said:

Thank you for your help, @Lil bear! Couple of last questions regarding this if you don't mind me asking:

1. Won't I have a I-94 then?

2. My employer, as part of the I-9 Compliance, is asking me to fill another form, in which they ask me for my "Alien Registration Number/USCIS Number" (see attached). I selected the "Alien number" option from the drop down menu, and then I typed the 8-digit Registration Number that appears on my visa, but then this error comes up: "Alien number must be a 9-digit number.". I even entered the letter "A" before the number. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again for your patience 

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-16 a las 19.06.48.png

1. You do not need an an I 94 if you have the stamped visa in your passport. 

2. Put “0” in front of the 8 digit number 

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sabela said:

It worked! :) Thanks. And the "Foreign passport w temporary i-551 MRIV" is the one I choose from this drop down menu, correct?

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-16 a las 19.16.08.png

some options look very similar

That is the correct one. Yes ! 

You're amazing, @Lil bear. Thanks for all your help. I selected that option and will come back on Monday with what you said... Last question and I will leave you be (I promise). I am afraid they will ask me for my I-94 again on Monday, and I cannot retrieve it. They may want info on when I last entered the country. How can I solve that issue? Thanks a million again.

Timeline
Just now, Sabela said:

@Lil bear, never mind! I just saw your other comment (that I don't need it). Hopefully they won't ask me for it again.  Thankssss...!!!!! 🙏🏻

Its good to print off that info from uscis. The first paragraph states that the employee chooses the  document they present not the employer 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.