andersong5

Didn't upload optional document - How does this affect priority?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My wife submitted I-864EZ. She submitted the required tax transcripts. As far as we understand, a paystub isn't required, but she has changed jobs since her last tax return so we submitted (or so we thought) a current paystub to get ahead of any possible RFE. Checked NVC today, and it turns out that we didn't hit submit on the paystub. We uploaded it a few days after the rest of our documents were correctly submitted, but just never hit submit on the paystub. It reads "uploaded." Everything else reads "submitted." A few questions:

1. Were we ever added to the line for DQ while a document is sitting uploaded ready to be submitted? (keep in mind it's not a required doc)

2. If we were/are in the line for DQ, will submitting it now put us back to the end of the line?

3. If so, since it is an optional document, and we are likely a week or so max away from DQ at this point, should we just leave everything as is and hope for either a DQ or RFE (ideally next week)?

Seems like we could be best waiting and hoping for a DQ next week or the week afterwards since the doc is optional, but I'm concerned that having a doc in "upload" status could mean we were never added to the line to begin with.

Any guidance or wisdom is greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Go ahead and submit it. It will not affect your date of being DQ’d. 

Thanks for responding. Why do you say that? Obviously a little stressed about the situation so we’re trying to be careful. It seemed the general opinion on reddit (from reading old posts) that uploading additional docs pushes you back?

8 hours ago, andersong5 said:

Thanks for responding. Why do you say that? Obviously a little stressed about the situation so we’re trying to be careful. It seemed the general opinion on reddit (from reading old posts) that uploading additional docs pushes you back?

Hey! Because from my own experience I submitted on Aug 23. I uploaded and submitted additional documents on Aug 24, Sept 12 and Oct 15 and we got DQ on Oct 19. That is why I say if you go ahead and submit them before they have had a chance to review them you will be fine

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Hey! Because from my own experience I submitted on Aug 23. I uploaded and submitted additional documents on Aug 24, Sept 12 and Oct 15 and we got DQ on Oct 19. That is why I say if you go ahead and submit them before they have had a chance to review them you will be fine

So they were additional documents, like this scenario - but do you remember what category you submitted them from? I've heard that submitting under Other is OK but submitting under the other categories could send you to the back of the line.

2 hours ago, andersong5 said:

So they were additional documents, like this scenario - but do you remember what category you submitted them from? I've heard that submitting under Other is OK but submitting under the other categories could send you to the back of the line.

For example, we submitted ALL REQUIRED documents on Aug 23. And I had to resubmit something that I found an error on Sept 12 because I didn’t want it to be considered an RFE. And I uploaded that under the ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TAB and submitted. 

Just submit it under OTHER under ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS and you will be fine 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.