J&D1008

DECEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bonshawn said:

Are you waiting until the next notification to schedule an appointment or doing it sooner?

My embassy requires that they send us the packet first.

K visa applicants should not schedule their appointment until after they have received an Instruction Package Letter (Packet 3 K) from the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

On 2/8/2023 at 6:15 PM, VJ_AJ said:

My NOA2 is December 6, 2022. NVC confirmed that the case was received on Jan 6, 2023. I had sent an inquiry last Thursday using the NVC public inquiry form and received the standard reply yesterday that the case is still waiting for data entry. I have sent another inquiry today and hoping to hear back by Friday this week. Please post if you hear anything back from NVC.   

Hey I just wanted to get back and say NVC reached out to me in an email yesterday saying this "The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Pristina, Kosovo. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dray3 said:

Hey I just wanted to get back and say NVC reached out to me in an email yesterday saying this "The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Pristina, Kosovo. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition."

Thanks for replying... my case was also shipped

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

NVC hasn’t replied to me to my email I sent on 02/08/2023 (7 days ago)…. Starting to get worried 😟

My NOA is 12/08/2022 and my NVC received date is 01/05/2023. As of 02/07/2023, NVC said my case was waiting data entry. 

Anybody in the same boat??

Am I the only one with the similar received date who’s in limbo (not even NVC number created)? Why is NVC not replying this long?

Edited by tartpief

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, tartpief said:

NVC hasn’t replied to me to my email I sent on 02/08/2023 (7 days ago)…. Starting to get worried 😟

My NOA is 12/08/2022 and my NVC received date is 01/05/2023. As of 02/07/2023, NVC said my case was waiting data entry. 

Anybody in the same boat??

Am I the only one with the similar received date who’s in limbo (not even NVC number created)? Why is NVC not replying this long?

Check your spam folder

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, Poppy65100 said:

I'm so confused. 

I thought with the K1 visa, the interview is booked once the package arrives at the consulate. 

I tracked our case on NVC and it says the interview date had been provided? No it hasn't.

image.png.1dee41890b3e88c6ca9dd83042ed0077.png

Contact your embassy. I remember that some people received their packages even after their interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

It turns out that my case was created on 02/08/2023 but somehow didn’t get included in the Feb 14/15 shipments 😥 The case is still at NVC now according to CEAC tracking

NOA2 12/08/2022

NVC received 01/05/2023 or before

NVC case number assigned 02/08/2023

At NVC as of 02/16/2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

12/1/2022 NOA2

1/31/2023 Inquiry sent to NVC

2/3/2023 Inquiry response with case number from NVC

2/5/2023 2nd inquiry sent to NVC to transfer case to different embassy

2/9/2023 2nd inquiry response with new case number for transfer

2/14/2023 Case "In Transit" in CEAC

2/16/2023 Case "Ready" in CEAC

We have most of the DS-160 done, but are just finishing gathering some old employment info. My understanding is that this isn't really important for K1, but we'll still make sure to include accurate information.

For Armenia, https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-am/iv is really insistent on stating that we need to wait until we receive the letter from them with instructions to try to schedule an appointment. So we'll work on being prepared for that. It seems like it shouldn't take so long!

Edited by animax
Fixed dates

On 2/16/2023 at 1:43 AM, Poppy65100 said:

I just created an account on the embassy website and it allows us to book an appointment from the 1st March onwards after payment. So maybe that was generic?

Booked for London Embassy also. I was able to do the same from March 1st. Booked without recieving the 'packet' or letter from the Embassy. Called the booking number and they said we book it ourselves and the Embassy does not book it for us. Whether he actually understood the fact I said I didn't have a letter of instructions before doing so, I don't know.

I assume we're good to go. Also I seen your interview date, not long after mine... good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 8:43 PM, Poppy65100 said:

I just created an account on the embassy website and it allows us to book an appointment from the 1st March onwards after payment. So maybe that was generic?

We have a pretty similar timeline in terms of NVC- did you see "Case Ready" before booking an appointment or no? trying to get a general timeline of when we should except that or to book our interview. 

Just now, kierabug said:

We have a pretty similar timeline in terms of NVC- did you see "Case Ready" before booking an appointment or no? trying to get a general timeline of when we should except that or to book our interview. 

We emailed NVC and they sent my fiance the welcome letter with the case number and stuff. 

I then made an account, filled in the ds-160, paid the fees and booked the interview. 

I've not received anything yet personally and our case on the NVC says in transit. 

As long as you have your welcome letter you're good to go. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.