Ani_B

Supporting evidence for other evidence for Removal of Conditions (merged)

18 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I'd like to ask a question about arranging some evidence for my Removal of Conditions package when I send it off along with my form:

1) One of my pieces of evidence is a screenshot of my university billing service that shows the cost of tuition, the date it was billed, and who paid. It lists my name for about half and then my husband's name for the rest. Is a screenshot alone of this enough, or would a bank statement supporting each of his payments also be required? Or would a bank statement showing just the most recent payment be enough?

2) One of my pieces of evidence is a printout of my mobile account showing that my husband currently pays my phonebill. Is this alone enough, or should I provide bank statements that confirm the payments? If so, will just the one suffice, or should there be several? It's only been since the start of the year, so would I need to provide statements for all of these, or will just one be alright?

3) For cards that have been sent to us, should I send the original cards in their stamped envelopes, or would photocopies of the cards and their envelopes suffice?

I understand that providing tons of evidence seems like a good idea, but I wonder if they really want to sift through a massive package? I'm happy to print off a ton of statements if that's what is required, but if just one will suffice and they'd prefer less to sift through, I'd be fine with that, too.

Any advice?

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Ani_B

1. Can you ask university to provide a full receipt for that payment? Either in form of PDF or hard copy.

2. Do you have monthly bills? Are both names shown on them? If not, I wouldn't bother including them.

3. No, do not send the original cards. Scan them and place 2-3 scans per page.

Edited by OldUser

The university does their billing through Nelnet (3rd party) and you can basically print off transactions from there / save the print off or screenshow as a PDF copy, which is basically what my screenshot does. But I can try and contact the school for a PDF history of payments, but not sure if they can provide it.

The phone account is under my name, but he pays the bill. If I print off a statement that shows my name and address and the billed amount, could I attach a copy of his bank statement that shows matching payments to the account? The purpose of this is to show spending on the other partner / purchases. I've been full time at uni so he's been supporting me, so we have no joint bills so to speak.

Ok, I'll scan copies of cards. 

Thanks for your time.

@Ani_B do you guys have joint lease? ID / DL cards showing the same address?

If phone account transactions only show your name and not his name, you may want to show statements from his account highlighting transactions. Are you on a "family plan" of any sort?

Also, look into joint Amazon Prime membership etc.

Do you have trip together? Flight tickets etc?

You don't have to earn money to have a joint account. Should have opened one with your spouse for your joint expenses such as mobile plan etc.

Edited by OldUser

My phone account shows it as being my account, but clearly lists him as the payer. I'll look into supporting bank statements.

I am on his Amazon Prime as a family member, so that's useful. 

We do have ID / Licence cards showing the same address

Due to covid we have not travelled, so no trip tickets

I am an authorized user on his credit card, so we have matching cards with same number but different names

Hi all, 

I'm just sharing a list of all the evidence that I intend to submit with my Removal of Conditions form that I'd like some help going over. Can anyone tell me if this is all alright, or if any are unnecessary ones that should be removed? I've had some good advice here in terms of the uni payments and phone payments: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/793447-supporting-evidence-for-other-evidence-for-removal-of-conditions/ , but I'd like to have some people just look over the whole lot and give me advice for anything here:

• Photocopies of all leases with our names on
  • Official printout of me listed on my husband's work benefits
  • Official printout of beneficiary details which list me for husband's work
  • Screenshot of American Plan Administrators of husband's account showing me as family member
  • Copies of front and back of both our Citi credit cards that show the same account number, but different names
  • Copies of front and back of both our HSA cards that show the same account number, but different names
  • Scanned copies of a few cards received for Christmas and wedding anniversaries each year
  • Scanned copies of a few photos from each year since we got married
  • Screenshot of university tuition payments stating dates, amounts, and who paid (both myself and then my husband)
  • Screenshot of my mobile phone account showing my address and my husband as the person who pays 

If I have to include any supporting bank statements for the mobile phone payments, or the university tuition, will I need to provide bank statements for every single one, or would the most recent for either of them suffice?

Is any of this evidence not worth the hassle and should I just remove it?

Thanks for any advice!

I used what was listed here on Visa Journey as a guide based on what we have:

image.thumb.png.d3e8a1d0c63c5f063903d3fa82963fdc.png

Edited by Ani_B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ani_B said:

Hi all, 

I'm just sharing a list of all the evidence that I intend to submit with my Removal of Conditions form that I'd like some help going over. Can anyone tell me if this is all alright, or if any are unnecessary ones that should be removed? I've had some good advice here in terms of the uni payments and phone payments: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/793447-supporting-evidence-for-other-evidence-for-removal-of-conditions/ , but I'd like to have some people just look over the whole lot and give me advice for anything here:

• Photocopies of all leases with our names on
  • Official printout of me listed on my husband's work benefits
  • Official printout of beneficiary details which list me for husband's work
  • Screenshot of American Plan Administrators of husband's account showing me as family member
  • Copies of front and back of both our Citi credit cards that show the same account number, but different names
  • Copies of front and back of both our HSA cards that show the same account number, but different names
  • Scanned copies of a few cards received for Christmas and wedding anniversaries each year
  • Scanned copies of a few photos from each year since we got married
  • Screenshot of university tuition payments stating dates, amounts, and who paid (both myself and then my husband)
  • Screenshot of my mobile phone account showing my address and my husband as the person who pays 

If I have to include any supporting bank statements for the mobile phone payments, or the university tuition, will I need to provide bank statements for every single one, or would the most recent for either of them suffice?

Is any of this evidence not worth the hassle and should I just remove it?

Thanks for any advice!

I used what was listed here on Visa Journey as a guide based on what we have:

image.thumb.png.d3e8a1d0c63c5f063903d3fa82963fdc.png

Main evidence USCIS looking for:

-Join tax return.

-Driver license with same address.

-Join health insurance.

-Join bank account.

-Join electric, water, internet bill.

-Vehicle purchase under both name.

Sadly we don't have a joint bank account, but me as an authorized user on his card. 

I am a full time university student, so we do not have any shared bills.

I am on his health insurance, so I'm sure that counts.

I can't drive (yet), so no joint vehicle purchases

I'm sure we can add a tax return though.

Thanks for your feedback.

Because I am just an authorized user, is the copies of the front and backs of our cards sufficient, or would including the one letter I received showing my name and address and one of his statements showing his name and address for the account also be added?

Edited by Ani_B

2 minutes ago, Ani_B said:

I'm sure we can add a tax return though.

Include transcripts for your returns for all years you've been married.

Hopefully you guys filed together e.g Married Filed Jointly.

Edited by OldUser

• Ontarkie changed the title to Supporting evidence for other evidence for Removal of Conditions (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. PLease additional questions to one thread. When related questions are asked it is best that everything it kept to one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ani_B said:

Hi there!

I'd like to ask a question about arranging some evidence for my Removal of Conditions package when I send it off along with my form:

1) One of my pieces of evidence is a screenshot of my university billing service that shows the cost of tuition, the date it was billed, and who paid. It lists my name for about half and then my husband's name for the rest. Is a screenshot alone of this enough, or would a bank statement supporting each of his payments also be required? Or would a bank statement showing just the most recent payment be enough?

2) One of my pieces of evidence is a printout of my mobile account showing that my husband currently pays my phonebill. Is this alone enough, or should I provide bank statements that confirm the payments? If so, will just the one suffice, or should there be several? It's only been since the start of the year, so would I need to provide statements for all of these, or will just one be alright?

3) For cards that have been sent to us, should I send the original cards in their stamped envelopes, or would photocopies of the cards and their envelopes suffice?

I understand that providing tons of evidence seems like a good idea, but I wonder if they really want to sift through a massive package? I'm happy to print off a ton of statements if that's what is required, but if just one will suffice and they'd prefer less to sift through, I'd be fine with that, too.

Any advice?

Thanks for your time!

1. Application fee of $680.00.Check payable to U.S Department Of Homeland Security
  2. Duly completed Form G-1145, E-notification of petition acceptance
  3. Duly completed and signed Form 1-751, Petition to Remove Conditions Of Residence
  4. Copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)
  5. Copy of new passport (biographic page)
  6. Copy Of CR1 visa
  7. Copy of marriage certificate

Evidence of our bonatide marriage:

Family photos and sworn affidavit of support by family and friends

• Copies of joint Tax Returns 2019,2021
  • Copies of joint tax return transcripts for 2019,2020 and 2021
  • Copies of Joint Health and Dental Insurance, Car Insurance and automobile title
  • Copies of Joint credit card and statements
  • Joint Bank Account Statements
  • Copies of Joint Gas Bills, Energy Bills and Gift Merchandise Bills
  • Copies of our Driver License (front and back)
  • Copy of request for reuse of fingerprints
  • Copies of our Cell Phones Bills and statements
    I have video on my Chanel for more details 👉🏻 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 hours ago, Voilet said:
  • Copies of joint tax return transcripts for 2019,2020 and 
  • Copy of new passport (biographic page)
  •  
  • Copy Of CR
Edited by Rocio0010
Self delete

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
  1. Application fee of $680.00.Check payable to U.S Department Of Homeland Security
  2. Duly completed Form G-1145, E-notification of petition acceptance
  3. Duly completed and signed Form 1-751, Petition to Remove Conditions Of Residence
  4. Copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)
  5. Copy of new passport (biographic page)
  6. Copy Of CR1 visa
  7. Copy of marriage certificate

Evidence of our bonatide marriage:

Family photos and sworn affidavit of support by family and friends

• Copies of joint tax return transcripts for 2019,2020 and 2021
  • Copies of Joint Health and Dental Insurance, Car Insurance and automobile title
  • Copies of Joint credit card and statements
  • Joint Bank Account Statements
  • Copies of Joint Gas Bills, Energy Bills and Gift Merchandise Bills
  • Copies of our Driver License (front and back)
  • Copy of request for reuse of fingerprints
  • Copies of our Cell Phones Bills and statements
    I have video on my Chanel for more details 👉🏻 

Congrats! But so unfair for others… I presented way way more documents and it takes so long!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.