DijonMustard

NVC Email, But No Update no Profile

52 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GordonSand said:

Just now ,I am still seeing "NO MESSAGES" and have received a reply from ASK NVC that there is a message. 

Not sure what to think, or what to do..... Frustrating

"

Dear Sir/Madam:

We sent a message to your account through the online Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov letting you know that some required financial documents are missing.

To read our detailed message, log on to CEAC using your NVC case number and invoice ID number. 

The site will open on your Summary Information page. To read your messages, just click on the New Message icon under Messages on the right side of the page.

You have to submit public inquiry with brief details and screenshots of portal. I have same issue. I am waiting on 2nd inquiry response. They send me email that correspondence is inder review and will make appropriate action.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:06 PM, hyoliyuli said:

I have a similar question. 

I got an automatic email saying check status, and one more email right after that one saying we are DQ and will schedule interview. But no updates or messages on the website. The documents I had to re-scan and upload still just say submitted.  Anyone seen that happen? Are we truly DQ?

As long yoi have DQ email. You are good to go.In my experience dont upload anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
5 hours ago, GordonSand said:

Just now ,I am still seeing "NO MESSAGES" and have received a reply from ASK NVC that there is a message. 

Not sure what to think, or what to do..... Frustrating

"

Dear Sir/Madam:

We sent a message to your account through the online Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov letting you know that some required financial documents are missing.

To read our detailed message, log on to CEAC using your NVC case number and invoice ID number. 

The site will open on your Summary Information page. To read your messages, just click on the New Message icon under Messages on the right side of the page.

When did you submit the inquiry?

On the 16th and the 21st   No change to ceac.  Can’t understand why it is not updated.   Not exactly sure which doc they are referring to 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same situation for myself --

• Nov 11: DS260 submitted 
  • Dec 19: NVC email received 
  • Dec 20: Submitted inquiry
  • Dec 22: Received unhelpful response; submitted another inquiry with screenshots

Anxiously waiting but not hopeful for quick turnaround given the holidays, and by the look of things here, they're receiving a ton of inquiries currently. 

Brilliant .... now i can see the messages 

and changes here:

INCOMPLETE

BUT when i click on the incomplete I get below....arghhh

Application Error

You have encountered an application error. Please try again later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, Simplytex said:

So, just a few minutes ago I got an email saying I've been DQ, but still nothing on CEAC has updated. I'll wait for the end of the year and see if anything on the portal updates.

For folks wondering, my overall timeline has been:

Oct 26 - original submission to NVC

December 6 - got an email to check CEAC portal, that something had happened (but there was nothing different)

December 7th - 1st inquiry submit

December 9th - got notification that case was transferred from Moscow to Warsaw (this is supposed to happen, good sign)

December 13th - response to 1st inquiry with no help. Submit 2nd inquiry

December 14th - response to 2nd inquiry, saying that documents are being processed

December 20th - got double email, one to check CEAC and one that we are DQ (but still, checking CEAC I only see a message that embassy has been moved, document status still showing "Submitted")

I'll update if I see the documents change but I'll on vacation so not checking regularly.

A final update, I had checked a couple times up through yesterday and the CEAC portal still didn't show anything. On a whim, I decided to send a public inquiry about this issue yesterday (Dec 27th) and included screenshots of my portal page from my view. I logged back into CEAC just now, and now everything shows as it should - there was an unread message (the standard DQ message) from Dec 20th, and the status of all my documents show as "Accepted" as of Dec 20th. 

Interestingly, the public inquiry hasn't been responded to or closed, so I'm not sure if they have even read it yet. Good luck to everyone else out there. Hopefully, by writing some public inquiries with screenshots of the issue, you can get it resolved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Simplytex said:

A final update, I had checked a couple times up through yesterday and the CEAC portal still didn't show anything. On a whim, I decided to send a public inquiry about this issue yesterday (Dec 27th) and included screenshots of my portal page from my view. I logged back into CEAC just now, and now everything shows as it should - there was an unread message (the standard DQ message) from Dec 20th, and the status of all my documents show as "Accepted" as of Dec 20th. 

Interestingly, the public inquiry hasn't been responded to or closed, so I'm not sure if they have even read it yet. Good luck to everyone else out there. Hopefully, by writing some public inquiries with screenshots of the issue, you can get it resolved.

Almost surely there's only one person that maintains the ceac site and they were were out on vacation when something broke, and now they're back they've fixed the issue so we're all seeing the updates flow thru as expected.

6 minutes ago, muzaffer28 said:

Almost surely there's only one person that maintains the ceac site and they were were out on vacation when something broke, and now they're back they've fixed the issue so we're all seeing the updates flow thru as expected.

Except.  Now i can't upload any docs ;-/ since the application is causing an error 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/22/2022 at 9:24 PM, rach1121 said:

Same situation for myself --

• Nov 11: DS260 submitted 
  • Dec 19: NVC email received 
  • Dec 20: Submitted inquiry
  • Dec 22: Received unhelpful response; submitted another inquiry with screenshots

Anxiously waiting but not hopeful for quick turnaround given the holidays, and by the look of things here, they're receiving a ton of inquiries currently. 

Did not receive another email/response but we can finally see the message in CEAC. Need to get some advice before submitting anything further but I'll share if/when we try to upload docs next.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, GordonSand said:

Except.  Now i can't upload any docs ;-/ since the application is causing an error 

I had that issue when I was doing it a couple times. Sometimes switching to different browsers worked (internet explorer vs chrome) sometimes I had to switch computers. I think only one night I has to wait a day

6 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

I had that issue when I was doing it a couple times. Sometimes switching to different browsers worked (internet explorer vs chrome) sometimes I had to switch computers. I think only one night I has to wait a day

tried with safari and chrome and firefox  (both private/incognito and not) and still getting the same error.   IS *ANYONE* able to check their documents if it says incomplete?

Ok... for an update:

A bit odd, ....WithIn the last couple of hours, CEAC now says "Accepted" for both Petitioner and Beneficiary and no DQ email.

However,  prior to this, there was a request from askNVC that I add my salary statements from Hong Kong as Evidence of Income.  I finally was able to advance to the Documents page and added it as "OTHER" and then submitted it.  CEAC still is showing ACCEPTED 

What does the hivemind think?

43 minutes ago, GordonSand said:

Ok... for an update:

A bit odd, ....WithIn the last couple of hours, CEAC now says "Accepted" for both Petitioner and Beneficiary and no DQ email.

However,  prior to this, there was a request from askNVC that I add my salary statements from Hong Kong as Evidence of Income.  I finally was able to advance to the Documents page and added it as "OTHER" and then submitted it.  CEAC still is showing ACCEPTED 

What does the hivemind think?

I am perplexed as well, this morning it said Incomplete and needed to resubmit my W2 form. Now it says accepted. Not sure if I should go ahead and resubmit it or not. CEAC is playing with my emotions lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.