DijonMustard

NVC Email, But No Update no Profile

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We received an automated email from the NVC this morning saying, "The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application" and yet when we log onto our profile, there are no updates. No messages, nothing is marked incomplete or even "accepted", it's all the same. Has anyone seen this before? Is it just, like, slow to update?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

@Simplytex has experience with the situation like yours. Generally it required sending a public inquiry the next day as the situation didn't change for a full 24 hours at least. When was your last document submission date?

Timeline

huh okay. We submitted our last documents on Nov. 4th. And everything says either, "Paid", "Submitted", or "Complete" so I don't think anything's outstanding. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, I had the same. Couple other folks as well. I'm starting to think, NVC is just 'clearing cases' without actually doing the work, so that their statistics look good for the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual backlog was slightly longer, and that we see a slowdown in Jan/Feb as they actually finish doing the work...

4 hours ago, DijonMustard said:

We received an automated email from the NVC this morning saying, "The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application" and yet when we log onto our profile, there are no updates. No messages, nothing is marked incomplete or even "accepted", it's all the same. Has anyone seen this before? Is it just, like, slow to update?

Did you find a solution ?i have exact situation 

Timeline
1 hour ago, raolh said:

Did you find a solution ?i have exact situation 

No not yet. It seems like a few other people are experiencing the same things. One person received an update a few days later, though, so just keep your eye out for any changes on your profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phoenix39 said:

Good morning everyone, any update In CEAC? I’ve waited 48 hrs but nothing so far. 

No changes for me on documents since Dec 6th email. They did change my case from Moscow->Poland on Friday Dec 9th since all Russian cases are going to Poland by default.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Phoenix39 said:

Good morning everyone, any update In CEAC? I’ve waited 48 hrs but nothing so far. 

Our attorney sent an inquiry and they responded to that within the day letting us know that one of my husband's documents (police certification ugh) was incorrect and asking me to add my W2s. They actually wrote my name in the body of the email response so I know it wasn't an automated message, which was surprising.

Still, though, there are no changes to our profile. Not even a note on the document they said is incorrect. Our attorney said this is pretty strange, but I'm just glad they at least responded to our inquiry. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Phoenix39 said:

They responded to my Inquiry with this message which does not help me

at all. 

Do you have the US Citizen's W2s added? I only had three months of pay stubs, my letter of employment, and previous three years of tax transcripts submitted, but not my W2s from 2021. (I thought that was pretty sufficient evidence of my income, but apparently not enough) When my attorney reached out, the NVC inquiry manager specifically said, "Need 2021 W2s for Leah" (my name lol). So maybe that's it?

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote to remove attachment containing personal information

Timeline
1 minute ago, Phoenix39 said:

I did upload them… I’m not sure which documents they are referring to. But I heard there’s a maintenance going on tomorrow. I’m hoping that it will be updated after the maintenance 🤞🏾

Oh good tip! I'll definitely check tomorrow, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.