31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi @Simplytex this exact thing happened to my husband's application/profile this morning. We got an email saying there had been a status change and then logged in and nothing was changed. We don't even see that any of our documents have been "Accepted", they all still just say, "Submitted". Did you call the NVC help line or submit an inquiry?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DijonMustard said:

Hi @Simplytex this exact thing happened to my husband's application/profile this morning. We got an email saying there had been a status change and then logged in and nothing was changed. We don't even see that any of our documents have been "Accepted", they all still just say, "Submitted". Did you call the NVC help line or submit an inquiry?

My wife's documentation was all submit Oct 26th.

Tuesday Dec 6th, got an email that 'something has happened' and to check CEAC. Logged in, and nothing - no messages, no change in any document status. A few days later on Friday Dec 9th, we get an email that the Case ID and interview location has been updated (Moscow->Warsaw) but still no changes to documents (there was a message saying the case ID had changed.)

I submit an inquiry form on Weds Dec 7th 'just in case' because I'd rather bother them to do something, than nothing at all. Also, I read several different posts who said, its better to add W2/1099 to AoS 'Additional Documents' so I did that on Dec 9th (the same posts were saying that uploading to 'Additional Docs' shouldn't reset my waiting time....)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

My wife's documentation was all submit Oct 26th.

Tuesday Dec 6th, got an email that 'something has happened' and to check CEAC. Logged in, and nothing - no messages, no change in any document status. A few days later on Friday Dec 9th, we get an email that the Case ID and interview location has been updated (Moscow->Warsaw) but still no changes to documents (there was a message saying the case ID had changed.)

I submit an inquiry form on Weds Dec 7th 'just in case' because I'd rather bother them to do something, than nothing at all. Also, I read several different posts who said, its better to add W2/1099 to AoS 'Additional Documents' so I did that on Dec 9th (the same posts were saying that uploading to 'Additional Docs' shouldn't reset my waiting time....)

Sorry, I just saw that you responded on the other thread I started. But yeah, I hear you on preferring to bother them than waiting. I might call their hotline today and see if I can get any answers. I bet you're right, they're just clearing cases to make it seem like they're not as back-logged as they are. Stupid. Well thank you for the information, I'm at least glad to hear it's not just us that this is happening to, but I hope we all get real updates soon. Please reply here if anything changes for you all!

Edited by DijonMustard

Timeline
1 minute ago, DijonMustard said:

I might call their hotline today and see if I can get any answers.

The phone lines were suspended in May, so you can't call in anymore https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html :

"Important Notice Effective May 23, 2022
To address critical backlogs, the National Visa Center has suspended our public inquiry telephone line."

2 minutes ago, DijonMustard said:

Please reply here if anything changes for you all!

I'm hopeful to hear something in the next week, the fact that something did happen on Friday for me gave me a glimmer of hope that this didn't just get rubber stamped and ignored...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Simplytex said:

The phone lines were suspended in May, so you can't call in anymore https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html :

HAHA no way. I don't know why I'm surprised, that's so characteristic of this whole process. But yeah, definitely good that things are in fact happening on your profile!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, DijonMustard said:

HAHA no way. I don't know why I'm surprised, that's so characteristic of this whole process. But yeah, definitely good that things are in fact happening on your profile!

What was your original date of doc submission, and I'm assuming from your post history, that you just got this email this morning?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

What was your original date of doc submission, and I'm assuming from your post history, that you just got this email this morning?

We submitted everything on Nov. 4th and yes, we got the email this morning.

Timeline

HA! I just got a reply from NVC public inquiry form from last Wednedsay... To put in another public inquiry? What in the mixed up world of government logic is this?

image.png.3431a1e79b7288f3650432a4baa5e6df.png

For reference, my inquiry included"

1. Original case number
  2. Principle Applicant (my wife) name, and DoB
  3. My Name
  4. And the request that they review, or at least provide an update on, the submitted documents. 

Timeline
On 12/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, powerpuff said:

~~ Topic moved from CR1/IR1 forum to NVC forum ~~

@powerpuff @TBoneTX Could we merge two threads with basically same intent? This one and this:

Timeline
23 hours ago, Simplytex said:

HA! I just got a reply from NVC public inquiry form from last Wednedsay... To put in another public inquiry? What in the mixed up world of government logic is this?

Omg it's like dealing with a broken robot. I submitted an inquiry yesterday, too, so I can't wait to receive the same email lol.

This morning, we got the exact same "status update" email we received yesterday and again, no updates made on our profile. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, DijonMustard said:

Omg it's like dealing with a broken robot. I submitted an inquiry yesterday, too, so I can't wait to receive the same email lol.

This morning, we got the exact same "status update" email we received yesterday and again, no updates made on our profile. 

Surprisingly, they replied to my new inquiry form from yesterday today already, actually with a "response"... Which of course is just a canned response.

The documents you submitted will be reviewed soon. We will let you know whether we complete your case or if we need more information.

Current processing times are posted on our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes (English) or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos (Spanish).

If you need to correct or re-submit a document, we will send you an email stating that you have a message in your Consular Electronic Applicant Center (CEAC) account. Return to https://ceac.state.gov/iv and click on the View Messages button to read our comments and instructions.

To see whether documents are missing or need to be deleted and re-submitted, you should open these tabs:

· Civil Documents

· Affidavit of Support Documents and Financial Evidence

You can also check the status of the items you submitted and your case in general in your CEAC account.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Surprisingly, they replied to my new inquiry form from yesterday today already, actually with a "response"... Which of course is just a canned response.

Oh, interesting! I guess you just have to keep waiting then, ugh.

We actually just got this email in response to my inquiry, which is concerning, but our attorney hasn't received any letter and she's poured over our profile and says nothing is incorrect. And we still don't have any notes/messages/changes at all on our profile so we don't know what documents they're referencing? I'm really hoping it's an error message.

Dear Sir/Madam:

A letter was sent to the agent of choice or attorney of record indicating the Immigrant Visa Application and/or civil document requirements for this case are incomplete.  Please submit the requested Immigrant Visa Application(s) and/or civil documents, as indicated on the checklist.  The requested information must be submitted to the NVC for this file to continue processing. For current processing times, please visit our website at https://nvc.state.gov/submit (English) or https://nvc.state.gov/submit/espanol (Spanish).

Please visit the following website for Immigrant Visa Application and civil document processing instructions:

http://nvc.state.gov/260 for English or http://nvc.state.gov/260/espanol for Spanish.

Dealing with the same thing.. Resubmitted Documents on Sept 21st.. Nov 7th got email to check CEAC,.  No new messages all documents accepted. Nov 17th another email from NVC to review file,  Again nothing has changed. No new meassages -all documents accepted.. When I make public inquiry it states to review my CEAC file that they requested resubmit AOS documents... That was back in Sept 20- I followed thorugh Sept 21s.. Nothing new has happened.- no new meassages and all documents acccepted... Keep waiting to get a DQ letter.. -very frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.