Dewald & Brittney

Need help interpreting this notice from the NVC

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I just got DQ'd and when I logged into CEAC I had the following two messages (screenshots will be attached).

The first message stated that we need to find a joint sponsor. This is odd as my wife (USC) earns more than the required amount, the only reason I think they might have done this is due to us living in Thailand for the past 2 years before beginning this process and her tax transcripts reflecting her Thai salary.

The second message (posted only a few seconds later) is the standard "DOCUMENTARILIY QUALIFIED" message.

My question is whether or not this might have just been an error and I can explain to the CO during the interview (with evidence) that my wife earns more than the income requirement, or if I should contact my in-laws to fill in the joint sponsor I-864?

All submitted documents were accepted.

image.png.bf763d774803b1aceb1c5847c2099cf2.png

image.png.bd4a13421309cfaeccd76dc7ec03b756.png

image.png.f3cfc4652af3ae5b1c500359f49f9956.png

Timeline

In case this helps. I have a signed copy of her work contract and one official paystub in my possession here in Bangkok. The paystub also shows how much money she has earned during the year which is above the required amount.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Is her income US-based? Because if not, she cannot use that income to qualify.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

Is her income US-based? Because if not, she cannot use that income to qualify.

My apologies, I could have written my post better.

All her income is now US-based and has been for the past 10-months. I mentioned the tax transcripts as the past three years were not spent in the US, and that is why they are below the required value. For all intents and purposes she meets the income requirements on her own in terms of annual salary, being employed in the US, and living in the US. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dewald & Brittney said:

My apologies, I could have written my post better.

All her income is now US-based and has been for the past 10-months. I mentioned the tax transcripts as the past three years were not spent in the US, and that is why they are below the required value. For all intents and purposes she meets the income requirements on her own in terms of annual salary, being employed in the US, and living in the US. 

You should be good to go.  The first letter on CEAC you mentioned is the NVC recommending a joint sponsor but the ultimate decision is by the embassy CO.  

If the interview is in Feb/March and your wife was able to file her 2022 tax returns have her update the I-864 and sent it to you, including all attachments.

If she is not able to file the taxes early, have het send you a copy of her W2.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130

9 hours ago, Dewald & Brittney said:

In case this helps. I have a signed copy of her work contract and one official paystub in my possession here in Bangkok. The paystub also shows how much money she has earned during the year which is above the required amount.

Income in Bankok is zero for purposes of immigration.  The ONLY reason to submit foreign income and tax returns is to demonstrate that the USC files their taxes like they are supposed to.

Update the I-864 as soon as the ink dries on her 2022 W2 and you will be fine.  The official paystubs you need to show current income are current paystubs from her current US employer. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Income in Bankok is zero for purposes of immigration.  The ONLY reason to submit foreign income and tax returns is to demonstrate that the USC files their taxes like they are supposed to.

Update the I-864 as soon as the ink dries on her 2022 W2 and you will be fine.  The official paystubs you need to show current income are current paystubs from her current US employer. 

As stated in my last reply on this post. All proof of income in the past 10-months is based on her income in the US. The paystub and work contract I have in my possession (in Bangkok) is from her job in the US. I took it with me from my last visit to the US in October, and will bring it along to the interview to prove that her income is enough.

If the interview is scheduled after her W2 is ready, I will definitely bring it along. Do you think I would need the original copy shipped to me, or is there a way to get a print-out that would meet the needs of the consulate?

3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

You should be good to go.  The first letter on CEAC you mentioned is the NVC recommending a joint sponsor but the ultimate decision is by the embassy CO.  

If the interview is in Feb/March and your wife was able to file her 2022 tax returns have her update the I-864 and sent it to you, including all attachments.

If she is not able to file the taxes early, have het send you a copy of her W2.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if it was an error message or what. Bangkok does seem to schedule interviews fairly quickly if the immigration timelines are anything to go by. If the interview is scheduled before I can get my hands on the latest tax information, I will go to the interview with the proof of income that I brought with me from my last trip and explain it to them. Her income is above the required amount by a considerable amount, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue (I hope).

2 minutes ago, Dewald & Brittney said:

As stated in my last reply on this post. All proof of income in the past 10-months is based on her income in the US. The paystub and work contract I have in my possession (in Bangkok) is from her job in the US. I took it with me from my last visit to the US in October, and will bring it along to the interview to prove that her income is enough.

If the interview is scheduled after her W2 is ready, I will definitely bring it along. Do you think I would need the original copy shipped to me, or is there a way to get a print-out that would meet the needs of the consulate?

No such thing as an “original copy”’of a W2, they’re issued electronically.  Have your wife scan and email it to you in Jan when she gets it.  Also get her last paystub of December and whatever her latest paystub in 2023 is just before the interview.  You’ll be fine.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

No such thing as an “original copy”’of a W2, they’re issued electronically.  Have your wife scan and email it to you in Jan when she gets it.  Also get her last paystub of December and whatever her latest paystub in 2023 is just before the interview.  You’ll be fine.

Thanks a lot. That is very useful to know. Luckily January is right around the corner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just did an interview in Bangkok in the end of October for an immigrant visa. Once you become DQ'ed, you will get the interview notice in about 30 days, then you have roughly 3-4 weeks before the interview from the notice. They do work pretty quickly currently. Looks like an early February interview is possible.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Just did an interview in Bangkok in the end of October for an immigrant visa. Once you become DQ'ed, you will get the interview notice in about 30 days, then you have roughly 3-4 weeks before the interview from the notice. They do work pretty quickly currently. Looks like an early February interview is possible.

That is excellent news. Hopefully it moves along quickly. I was looking through the data in the immigration timelines section and saw that it generally took 1-2 months between cases being DQ'd and the actual interview. Fingers crossed!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just ignore the first notice except for the part that says the Consular Officer will make the decision.  Then, take updated financial package to the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

13 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Just ignore the first notice except for the part that says the Consular Officer will make the decision.  Then, take updated financial package to the interview.

Is this a generic response they will always provide? I’m still at USCIS stage, so don’t have any experience here; but, I feel like I’ve read several  posts on here about people getting this response after submitting financials, even though they’re well above poverty cutoffs for their household size. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.