591 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mar&Ant said:

Hey everyone! I just come back from my interview and it went very well, a very smooth process overall…. And yes, I passed!

Here is a short summary:

Once at the office (San Jose), I waited about 10 minutes before an officer called me in. She was very kind during the whole interview, she first asked to see my appointment letter, my passport, my green card and ID (I applied for N-400 based on 5 year LPR eligibility rule), and then we started with the test. She only asked 6 civics questions:

• What is freedom of religion?
  • where is the Statue of Liberty?
  • Who signs bills to become laws?
  • When was the Constitution written?
  • What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?
  • Why does the flag have 50 stars?

and then she proceeded to ask me to read "what state has the most people", and to write "California has the most people".

The rest of interview consisted of questions on my identity (full name, marital status, employer, address, date and place of birth, etc…), and then the usual yes or no questions regarding criminal activities, and then questions regarding my willingness to take the oath.

After that they had me wait another 20 minutes to receive my Oath ceremony notice, the ceremony is scheduled for April 28. Voilà!

Good luck to everyone ♥️

Congratulations! Amazing that oath ceremony is scheduled so quickly.

Did you front load application with more documents - like tax transcript etc ?

Also, did the IO ask any additional documents for verification? 

I applied through postal mail and only submitted GC copy and nothing more. I have next month and was wondering what kind of documents I need to carry.

On 4/19/2023 at 8:28 AM, springguy said:

Hearty Congratulations!  it is a big advantage that SFO does same day oath ceremony! How many people take part in that oath ceremony?

Also, I applied as a LPR for 5 years, but through postal mail and I only submitted green card copy (Submitted as per M-477 checklist from USCIS. Even though I'm married with kids did not submit marriage certificate or birth certificates).

My interview is scheduled for May 2nd, and per my attorney, all I need to carry is three years tax transcripts (plus GC, passport, appointment and  letter and state ID).

Did the IO ask anything about marriage, kids at all? Also, do they ask about where you work etc?

Thank you!

IO talked to me about my marriage, kids, work and education including my PhD thesis. They seem to have found all my details through background check, even though I didn’t submit most of those details in the n-400 application. But it was mostly like a conversation and the IO was very friendly. Also the oath ceremony had around 20 people.

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
39 minutes ago, springguy said:

Congratulations! Amazing that oath ceremony is scheduled so quickly.

Did you front load application with more documents - like tax transcript etc ?

Also, did the IO ask any additional documents for verification? 

I applied through postal mail and only submitted GC copy and nothing more. I have next month and was wondering what kind of documents I need to carry.

Thank you!

I didn’t load anything but scans of my green card and marriage certificate with my application.

The IO only asked for my passport, my green card and ID. I did bring more documents with me just in case (marriage certificate, my husband’s birth certificate, tax transcripts) but she didn’t ask to see anything else. There is a list of what you need to bring on the interview notice, and it depends on what rule you applied to N400 (3 year rule vs 5 year rule).

Good luck with your interview!

I had my oath ceremony yesterday in Dallas (Plano)! Applying for the passport today hopefully. I have a quick tip for those who wanna apply for passport. Since getting a passport appointment have become more difficult these days (at least in Dallas this is the case), I would suggest to take an appointment as soon as you know your oath ceremony date, otherwise if you wait, there will be more delays due to not finding an appointment time at least for a week.

Also many appointments are only released after 12am for the coming week and gets filled by early morning next day, so be on the lookout! 

Best of luck to everyone 😊

• 04/20/2018 - Got Married
  • 05/16/2019 - I130, I485, I765, I131 sent to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/20/2019 - Package delivered to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/27/2019 - Received text receipt for all 4 applications
  • 05/28/2019 - Check encash by USCIS
  • 05/31/2019 - Received all 4 Paper NOAs (I130 sent to my wife's address, the other 3 sent to my address: we're currently working in separate states)
  • 8/16/2019 - 1st Biometrics notice: only for I-485 scheduled for 9/6/2019 (no status change online)
  • 8/23/2019 - 2nd Biometrics notice: scheduled for 9/11/2019 this time for I-765 EAD (no status change online)
  • 9/6/2019 - Biometric Appointment - ASC completed both I-485 and I-765 on the same day (I took both letters)
  • 9/6/2019 - Online Status Change: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
  • 9/9/2019 - Online Status Change: Fingerprint review completed (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 10/8/2019 - Online Status Change: Interview was Scheduled
  • 10/15/2019 - I-485 interview notification letter received in mail
  • 11/01/2019 - Expedite requested online for I765 (no supporting doc provided)
  • 11/19/2019 - I485 Interview Day!
  • 11/19/2019 - New card Ordered for I - 485 (right after I-485 interview, originally told will get to know in a week)
  • 11/19/2019 - New Card Ordered for I-765 (They approved the expedite request)
  • 11/21/2019 - Case is Approved (I-485, I130, I131, I765)
  • 11/21/2019 - Card mailed to me for I-765
  • 11/22/2019 - Card Mailed to me for Green Card
  • 11/22/2019 - Card was picked up by USPS (included tracking no.) both GC and EAD
  • 11/25/2019 - EAD and Greencard both got delivered
  • 11/26/2019 - Approval letter received for all petitions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, amalam said:

I had my oath ceremony yesterday in Dallas (Plano)! Applying for the passport today hopefully. I have a quick tip for those who wanna apply for passport. Since getting a passport appointment have become more difficult these days (at least in Dallas this is the case), I would suggest to take an appointment as soon as you know your oath ceremony date, otherwise if you wait, there will be more delays due to not finding an appointment time at least for a week.

Also many appointments are only released after 12am for the coming week and gets filled by early morning next day, so be on the lookout! 

Best of luck to everyone 😊

The 12am (Monday early morning to Friday early morning) trick is the only way to get appointments with summer holidays approaching fast. There are public libraries which have appointments as well. And they open slots 2 weeks ahead. Again, have to book around 12am to get an appointment 

3 hours ago, springguy said:

The 12am (Monday early morning to Friday early morning) trick is the only way to get appointments with summer holidays approaching fast. There are public libraries which have appointments as well. And they open slots 2 weeks ahead. Again, have to book around 12am to get an appointment 

Right! That's the only way 

• 04/20/2018 - Got Married
  • 05/16/2019 - I130, I485, I765, I131 sent to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/20/2019 - Package delivered to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/27/2019 - Received text receipt for all 4 applications
  • 05/28/2019 - Check encash by USCIS
  • 05/31/2019 - Received all 4 Paper NOAs (I130 sent to my wife's address, the other 3 sent to my address: we're currently working in separate states)
  • 8/16/2019 - 1st Biometrics notice: only for I-485 scheduled for 9/6/2019 (no status change online)
  • 8/23/2019 - 2nd Biometrics notice: scheduled for 9/11/2019 this time for I-765 EAD (no status change online)
  • 9/6/2019 - Biometric Appointment - ASC completed both I-485 and I-765 on the same day (I took both letters)
  • 9/6/2019 - Online Status Change: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
  • 9/9/2019 - Online Status Change: Fingerprint review completed (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 10/8/2019 - Online Status Change: Interview was Scheduled
  • 10/15/2019 - I-485 interview notification letter received in mail
  • 11/01/2019 - Expedite requested online for I765 (no supporting doc provided)
  • 11/19/2019 - I485 Interview Day!
  • 11/19/2019 - New card Ordered for I - 485 (right after I-485 interview, originally told will get to know in a week)
  • 11/19/2019 - New Card Ordered for I-765 (They approved the expedite request)
  • 11/21/2019 - Case is Approved (I-485, I130, I131, I765)
  • 11/21/2019 - Card mailed to me for I-765
  • 11/22/2019 - Card Mailed to me for Green Card
  • 11/22/2019 - Card was picked up by USPS (included tracking no.) both GC and EAD
  • 11/25/2019 - EAD and Greencard both got delivered
  • 11/26/2019 - Approval letter received for all petitions

On 3/13/2023 at 3:01 PM, s306 said:

Filed Early December, got our apt in NYC during last week of April! No notification on i-751, still says biometrics done and is still at MSC.

We finished the interview. Spouse passed! Pending i-751. I was not asked to go in and not to worry

I-751 approved today (Pending since December 2021, BIometrics done in Feb 2022, went straight from Biometrics done to approved) . Waiting on movement on n-400. Still says interview scheduled.

3 minutes ago, s306 said:

We finished the interview. Spouse passed! Pending i-751. I was not asked to go in and not to worry

I-751 approved today (Pending since December 2021, BIometrics done in Feb 2022, went straight from Biometrics done to approved) . Waiting on movement on n-400. Still says interview scheduled.

Congrats! Great to see some movement from NYC folks! I think it takes a day or two for them to approve the I-751 and then approve the N-400 and schedule the oath ceremony!

Edited by NYer

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

No movement of any kind on my I751 or N400. Been over 4 months since N400 was files and over 17 months since I751 was filed :(. Just frustrated, tired, and angry :(

2 hours ago, skapali said:

No movement of any kind on my I751 or N400. Been over 4 months since N400 was files and over 17 months since I751 was filed :(. Just frustrated, tired, and angry :(

Unless a miracle happens, those of us based in Boston will only get an interview after October this year. I spoke to a friend who applied for N400 here after being a permanent resident for more than ten years; the process took seven months for her (And that was just when Covid19 began). So I resigned myself, and thankfully I am very busy at work and life not to think about this situation every second. Still, it needs to be fairer what they do in Massachusetts.

Edited by Cata&Ben

Citizenship interview scheduled for June - 09  in Salt Lake City

In the letter one of the requests is ( US Entries record) ( the request say your passport and /or other documents you used in connection with any enteries into the United states )  What exactly needed please ? Like to see the K1 visa — stamps, tickets , boarding passes  ? Should I get I-94 ? 

Traveled one of the trips to iraq   with transit in Qatar and  turkey in early 2020 to see family -  Covid lock down happend after i arrived to iraq in few days - all airports closed and mandatory curfew for months - stayed almost 5 months (147 days)

till was able to back to the US  in july 2020 

2021 -2022 and 20233  we traveled multiple short cruises to mexico , Bahamas and the carribiens . 
Used extension letter , green card and passport for all the travels . 

Note* : i am looking at the passport- its stamped with ( admited ) by the homeland customs when i back from Iraq trip - ( passport was renewed as well ) 

Thanks in advance .

Timeline
On 4/29/2023 at 8:17 PM, Cata&Ben said:

Unless a miracle happens, those of us based in Boston will only get an interview after October this year. I spoke to a friend who applied for N400 here after being a permanent resident for more than ten years; the process took seven months for her (And that was just when Covid19 began). So I resigned myself, and thankfully I am very busy at work and life not to think about this situation every second. Still, it needs to be fairer what they do in Massachusetts.

I had to choose Boston as there is no option for the local Lawrence MA field office which is.my field office. Anyone here at that field office in MA?

Timeline
10 hours ago, US_VJ said:

Had my interview scheduled today for second week of June. Applied December 30, Queens (NY). 3 year rule with I-751 pending. 

Congrats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.