one...two...tree

Newbies Posting Tragic Story Posts

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
None of us are here to judge, nor have we really the right to do so. As I said before, if you think the OP of a thread is spouting rubbish or a troll PM a mod or the Captain. The Captain can look into the IP if need be and take action. The mods can lock a thread or keep an eye on it.

By posting in a thread that you believe is started by a troll then surely you are merely adding to the "drama" created by the OP in the first place. You are also giving the OP exactly what he/she wants - attention.

I didn't know whether or not the OP was a troll, so I merely questioned her assertion that Arab men are skillful liars. Geez, I hope we haven't gotten to the point that we dare not challenge or confront somebody, even in their despair, should they say something that others find insulting.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
None of us are here to judge, nor have we really the right to do so. As I said before, if you think the OP of a thread is spouting rubbish or a troll PM a mod or the Captain. The Captain can look into the IP if need be and take action. The mods can lock a thread or keep an eye on it.

By posting in a thread that you believe is started by a troll then surely you are merely adding to the "drama" created by the OP in the first place. You are also giving the OP exactly what he/she wants - attention.

I didn't know whether or not the OP was a troll, so I merely questioned her assertion that Arab men are skillful liars. Geez, I hope we haven't gotten to the point that we dare not challenge or confront somebody, even in their despair, should they say something that others find insulting.

Yet you started a separate thread questioning her motives, inviting scorn...complete with link.

Huzzah!

I think most of us are sentisitve enough to give the benifit of the doubt when a new poster posts about being used likethis one, but also smart smart enough to see there is something more to the post. The recent falling out in MENA (and in other topics) with spammng the board about the horrors of Arab men maek me suspicious and I think Steven was NOT out of line in his questions.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
And you've no doubt made it even more unpleasant.

There were a series of posts that led up to this and I had been following them.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1062098

My response to her posts were not demeaning or insulting to her plight, IMO. That's it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Then again all I can stress is that you notify the mods, Steven. I think lal_brandow was the one handling all of the MENA spam, PM her and inform her that you think this may be another spamming post.

Again, replying to someone you feel is an obvious troll just feeds them. ;)

Timeline
Then again all I can stress is that you notify the mods, Steven. I think lal_brandow was the one handling all of the MENA spam, PM her and inform her that you think this may be another spamming post.

I know, but it's so much fun. :P

...seriously though, when I read her thread, I didn't have time to look or make the direct connection other than wondering why all of a sudden all these broken hearted women who were married to Arab men are posting about their tragic stories, so I didn't really know whether she was sincere or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

...seriously though, when I read her thread, I didn't have time to look or make the direct connection other than wondering why all of a sudden all these broken hearted women who were married to Arab men are posting about their tragic stories, so I didn't really know whether she was sincere or not.

She's baaaccckkkk. She has three or four names here (you can tell by the constantly repeated very poor writing style and grammatical/spelling errors) and was banned was another site. She's very unstable woman who invents entire scenarios. When busted, she comes up with some excuse i.e. "I meant this poll/survey/whatever to be in a PM" . . .

She's baaaccckkkk. She has three or four names here (you can tell by the constantly repeated very poor writing style and grammatical/spelling errors) and was banned was another site. She's very unstable woman who invents entire scenarios. When busted, she comes up with some excuse i.e. "I meant this poll/survey/whatever to be in a PM" . . .

really? I'm shocked! :P

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Therein lies the problem, Fancypants.

As to the bit in red, you may not have had time to look, but you had enough time to act without certainty by starting this thread.

And you weren't even certain. Tsk

But it does tell us that not everybody are coming here because of love :no:

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Timeline

Remember that one lady who had posted up photos of women here on VJ who were marrying Arab men on a website? That's who came to my mind when I read the first post. I thought - either she'll be soon exploiting this tragedy or perhaps she's behind this charade? hmmm....

Remember that one lady who had posted up photos of women here on VJ who were marrying Arab men on a website? That's who came to my mind when I read the first post. I thought - either she'll be soon exploiting this tragedy or perhaps she's behind this charade? hmmm....
...seriously though, when I read her thread, I didn't have time to look or make the direct connection other than wondering...
...so I didn't really know whether she was sincere or not.

Taking all the statements you've made in consideration, what you're describing is apparantly unsubstantiated paranoia.

:whistle:

Edit: quotes were snipped...click on the <-- at the top of the quote for it in the original form.

Edited by LisaD

I dont know but she seems more like a hit and run type of person and not sticking to the same story and boring people.

:thumbs: if you guys see any more spamming by this member, please let me know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well put

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED