KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

307 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kippenpox said:

That was my original question.

This question?

The answer is yes, it's possible. But not guaranteed. There's high chance of interview, because after filing N-400, I-751 usually gets transfered from service center to local field office. I suspect most of the I-751s approved without interview are approved by service centers. If you're lucky to get approved before the file gets transferred to local field office, then you won't have interview. The chance of local field office waiving interview is lower than service center.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a batch of updates on my I-751 today. I presume I made it without an interview?

September 10, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
September 10, 2024 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
September 10, 2024 We updated your name for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
December 21, 2022 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I've had N-400 pending since December 2023. I assume that the name update is related to that since I asked to change my name.

49 minutes ago, kippenpox said:

Got a batch of updates on my I-751 today. I presume I made it without an interview?

September 10, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
September 10, 2024 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
September 10, 2024 We updated your name for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
December 21, 2022 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I've had N-400 pending since December 2023. I assume that the name update is related to that since I asked to change my name.

Congrats! Yes, you got approved without interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

APPROVED MONDAY! 

Just hopped on case status, not really expecting anything.. 

Filed - Dec 22, 2022

Waited

Waited..

Waited...

Surprise approval - Sept. 10, 2024

Evidence: Sent leases, Driver's licenses (same address), utility bills, auto + life + health + dental & vision insurance with claims showing we both used them. Costco card, joint credit card statements, redacted copies of the cards themselves (same number different names), birth certificates for both children, bank statements and a few odds and ends like cards (birthday, mother's day, congratulations from extended family), concert tickets and labelled photos throughout the relationship (compressed to Word Doc). The attorney included more than I would have originally, but it worked so thank God for that!  

Best Advice I got: get a shoe box or FedEx box and throw everything in there! Statements stay online until it's time to print & file (or routinely save the monthly statement to Google Drive, etc.). Even if it seems unimportant life is made of the little moments ya know? 

Unfortunately going through a divorce so will update if that complicates things. Likely will need N-400 under 5 year rule. Plenty of evidence that he cheated most of the marriage. Disgusting, graphic photos but also the evidence I tried to save it (therapy bills & appointments he never went to..well, maybe one but it was half-assed at best). Him pulled a loaded gun on me during an argument (over the adultery), but I filed the *edit: police report so..hopefully won't have to relive that talking to USCIS. Anywho..

Praying good news for everyone else! :) 

Edited by crickets

1 hour ago, crickets said:

APPROVED MONDAY! 

Just hopped on case status, not really expecting anything.. 

Filed - Dec 22, 2022

Waited

Waited..

Waited...

Surprise approval - Sept. 10, 2024

Evidence: Sent leases, Driver's licenses (same address), utility bills, auto + life + health + dental & vision insurance with claims showing we both used them. Costco card, joint credit card statements, redacted copies of the cards themselves (same number different names), birth certificates for both children, bank statements and a few odds and ends like cards (birthday, mother's day, congratulations from extended family), concert tickets and labelled photos throughout the relationship (compressed to Word Doc). The attorney included more than I would have originally, but it worked so thank God for that!  

Best Advice I got: get a shoe box or FedEx box and throw everything in there! Statements stay online until it's time to print & file (or routinely save the monthly statement to Google Drive, etc.). Even if it seems unimportant life is made of the little moments ya know? 

Unfortunately going through a divorce so will update if that complicates things. Likely will need N-400 under 5 year rule. Plenty of evidence that he cheated most of the marriage. Disgusting, graphic photos but also the evidence I tried to save it (therapy bills & appointments he never went to..well, maybe one but it was half-assed at best). Him pulled a loaded gun on me during an argument (over the adultery), but I filed the *edit: police report so..hopefully won't have to relive that talking to USCIS. Anywho..

Praying good news for everyone else! :) 

Sorry about your family situation. Be super careful with evidence of USC cheating. You divorcing shortly after getting conditions removed plus evidence of cheating going all this time since beginning may suggest to USCIS it was a conveniece marriage for immigration benefit or somebody was paid. I'd try to keep things cool between you and your soon to be ex and divorce without too much drama. Forget about N-400 under 3 year rule.

Good luck!

P.S. on the day of approval, did you still live together or one of you moved out? I can't blame if one of you moved, given the dangerous situation. But if moved, was USCIS notified of address change?

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.