KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

310 posts in this topic

Hi all, two years later we are back here! Got our conditional GC on March 2021 - expiring March 2023 so just filed for ROC.

Timeline so far:

- Dec 19: Mailed packet, this is exactly 3 months before the expiration date for the GC

- Dec 27: Got USCIS text message with receipt number (SRC - Texas I assume?). Online tracking indicates that Form was received on Dec 21.

- Dec 30: USPS informed delivery shows a USCIS letter "arriving soon" at my address, I assume it is the NOA

My package was delivered 12/23 at Carol stream

Cc charged on 12/27

Found my email on the junk folder with case # on 12/29

Does anyone case start with EAC?

18 hours ago, 50%OFF said:

An update, we have received our whole package back 4 weeks later with NOA, credit card denied and told to resubmit and to include the NOA form to our next application. There is a contact email included in case we have questions. We will definitely sign up for the text update this time!

For anyone curious, every page of our application has been stamped with a serial number of sorts, with a blank page between each different segment of evidence. (We used paperclips.) Our original envelope was also stapled to the back of the entire application.

Cover page is missing, will need to reprint and note why our submission is now late.

We aren't sure whether to send clean copies of everything or if our original but stamped pages can simply be resubmitted as is.

I think clean copies but my husband does not want to waste so much paper.  We'll browse older posts and see how others did. :)

I'm so sorry this happened! If it makes you feel any better we had our AOS rejected twice and it was so frustrating! We got ours back with the stamps and sent everything back with the stamps on it except we printed a new copy of our cover letter and the application and signed/dated with updated dates. It wasn't an issue for us sending the stamped stuff back! 

2 hours ago, Albinjr26 said:

Cc charged on 12/27

EAC I think is Vermont which is moving the fastest right now! Congratulations!!! 

2 hours ago, Albinjr26 said:

Cc charged on 12/27

Also HI fellow DR/US  filer : ) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! I mailed my package out December 23rd, and it arrived on December 29th. (I mailed USPS Priority Mail Express, and it was supposed to arrive the 27th, so I requested a refund for the shipping fees.) I am very close to my deadline: Green Card expires January 1, so now I am just nervously waiting for the letter so that I can cross the border again! I was having a lot of trouble figuring out what to include in the package, but finally decided I needed to just SEND it, and I would rather get RFE than send it any later! 

49 minutes ago, kec523 said:

I'm so sorry this happened! If it makes you feel any better we had our AOS rejected twice and it was so frustrating! We got ours back with the stamps and sent everything back with the stamps on it except we printed a new copy of our cover letter and the application and signed/dated with updated dates. It wasn't an issue for us sending the stamped stuff back! 

Oh no, that's a nightmare situation having two rejections! I'm glad you didn't have issues after that, and it's really a relief for us to hear the stamped stuff is not a problem! I hadn't considered printing an updated application as well, that's a great idea.

My husband sent our package tonight. So we just made it as a December filer.. even though it won't be received in December. I am still counting it lol.
I am a bit stressed though. He is sick and I said let's just go tomorrow but nope he went and he told me they put our paperwork in a box. It is clipped and has a band but I don't know if it is stable enough for a box and I am stressed it is going to go everywhere and they won't accept it. :( 

On 12/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, kippenpox said:

Hi all, two years later we are back here! Got our conditional GC on March 2021 - expiring March 2023 so just filed for ROC.

Timeline so far:

- Dec 19: Mailed packet, this is exactly 3 months before the expiration date for the GC

- Dec 27: Got USCIS text message with receipt number (SRC - Texas I assume?). Online tracking indicates that Form was received on Dec 21.

- Dec 30: USPS informed delivery shows a USCIS letter "arriving soon" at my address, I assume it is the NOA

NOA arrived today in the mail (Dec 31st),with a 24 month extension.

2 hours ago, kippenpox said:

NOA arrived today in the mail (Dec 31st),with a 24 month extension.

How safe is to travel internationally with the extension?

13 minutes ago, Albinjr26 said:

How safe is to travel internationally with the extension?

Pretty safe as long as you have original GC, original extension letter and valid foreign passport.

Check out thread 

Edited by OldUser

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Pretty safe as long as you have original GC, original extension letter and valid foreign passport.

Check out thread 

Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 12/1/2022 at 6:57 PM, KAP2019 said:

I'm not seeing a December thread, so here we go I-751 December filers!

I was hoping to file in November, but was away and didn't mail it soon enough. So, mailed my application today, expected delivery Monday!

Here we go again!! 🤪

I-751 December filer Houston

My time line so far 

I sent ROC on 12-19-2022
USCIS received it on 12-20-2022 (UPS)
Received the text message 12-23-2022
I got the Notice of Action letter(in Mail) on 12-27-2022, check cashed on this same date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.