KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

294 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, highkapoor said:

December filer from Virginia, sent package via USPS priority mail flat rate envelope (about 80 pages I think) to Phoenix lockbox on Dec-19.

Package received morning of Dec-21.

Didn't include G-1145 :-(, but am paying by CC, so a charge notification by my bank will make me happy.

Hope to get the bank notification today or early next week.

Ours was received Monday and check came out today (Friday) so you might have to wait until mid next week - but we were also Elgin lockbox so maybe Phoenix is faster! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, highkapoor said:

December filer from Virginia, sent package via USPS priority mail flat rate envelope (about 80 pages I think) to Phoenix lockbox on Dec-19.

Package received morning of Dec-21.

Didn't include G-1145 :-(, but am paying by CC, so a charge notification by my bank will make me happy.

Hope to get the bank notification today or early next week.

CC charged at 5pm EST today.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

I haven't been as astute on the I-751 process as I have been on the other immigration processes.   I have a question:

For a variety of reasons, we waited until my wife's GC was almost expired to file.  When we receive the I-797, will that automatically extend her GC for 18 months, or is there additional action to take?  Also, will this impact domestic or international travel?   

Thanks in advance! 

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

36 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

I haven't been as astute on the I-751 process as I have been on the other immigration processes.   I have a question:

For a variety of reasons, we waited until my wife's GC was almost expired to file.  When we receive the I-797, will that automatically extend her GC for 18 months, or is there additional action to take?  Also, will this impact domestic or international travel?   

Thanks in advance! 

The letter will state that her greencard is extended for two years.  She can use that letter along with her passport/greencard to travel domestic and internationally - of course it's always the officer's discretion to re-enter but unless there's some other concern the letter should not be a problem. 

On 12/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, JACKP said:

Anyone aware on Nebraska Service Center processing speed compared to average ?

Pretty sure it's right in the middle of the pack.  Vermont seems to be going super fast and Potomac super slow. 

I am sending mine out Wednesday. Super late but still making December. I just want to check two obvious things but I am a worrier.

$765 for the fee correct? The filing fee plus the biometrics for myself and five year old?

I am in South Dakota and sending UPS. Should I send it here?

USCIS
Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

Timeline
12 hours ago, Cilllah said:

I am sending mine out Wednesday. Super late but still making December. I just want to check two obvious things but I am a worrier.

$765 for the fee correct? The filing fee plus the biometrics for myself and five year old?

I am in South Dakota and sending UPS. Should I send it here?

USCIS
Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

image.png.3cd6e180cb3c02b317bc797d58048b60.png

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline

@Cilllah You are absolutely correct!

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 12/21/2022 at 3:44 PM, ChangeTomorrow said:

Package arrived on Dec 16th

Got received msg on Dec 21st

Seems they are busy for the holiday month.

Case Status Update

Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

As of December 27, 2022, fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXX, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all,

So after being away from this site for almost 2 years I am back on :(

We filed and got notification today of acceptance. Potomac office :(:(:(:(:(

great to see so many people from the other forum back on here!

On 12/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, kec523 said:

This is insanely thorough! I think you're going to be just fine! 

Hi! The "tear-off portion to speed your application" sheet from the green card package - what is this?

Hi all! 

We dropped our package off at the post office today! Planned on doing it yesterday, but post office was closed. Expected delivery is Friday via USPS to Phoenix lockbox. Seems like we will end up being early January filers. I will still keep in touch here since it’s right on the cusp. 

Also, I’ve seen some discussion about money orders and not being able to track the progress… you should be able to! That’s what we have always used to pay USCIS and never had an issue tracking the ones from the Post Office or CVS. Just google it! 

Best of luck to everyone! 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

2 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Hi! The "tear-off portion to speed your application" sheet from the green card package - what is this?

When we received the green card in the mail, the paper that it was stuck to had a perforated section on the bottom with barcodes that said, “tear-off to speed your application.” I haven’t seen many people speak of it, but I assume everyone got it as well. And I’m doubtful that it will actually accelerate anything, but I figured I’d include it anyway! 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

47 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

When we received the green card in the mail, the paper that it was stuck to had a perforated section on the bottom with barcodes that said, “tear-off to speed your application.” I haven’t seen many people speak of it, but I assume everyone got it as well. And I’m doubtful that it will actually accelerate anything, but I figured I’d include it anyway! 

Isn't it for I-90? Do you have a redacted copy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.