KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

303 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, beloved_dingo said:

The Alien number is on the physical green card. It says "USCIS #". 

Affidavits are not strong evidence, just fyi, so they are not a replacement for showing comingling of finances.

Can you explain your situation a bit so we can help you make sure the bases are covered? For instance, some couples each have their own separate accounts but can show where each spouse pays certain household bills from their account. That still shows evidence of living together and jointly sharing expenses, so with a short letter explaining the arrangement, USCIS gets a clear picture. However, if you provide no bank statements and no explanation of how finances are handled, affidavits are not going to be enough to overcome the issue (you'd likely get an RFE asking for evidence of financial comingling). 

Me and my husband have separate bank accounts. How can we show that my husband pays for household bills from his account? Should he print bank statement and highlight bill payments? Can we write a letter explaining the arrangement? Do I have to attach the letter in a certain place on the file? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, deltaforce628 said:

Hmm my package was delivered 12/5 to Elgin; no SMS notification/receipt notice yet 

It's only been a few days. Electronic notifications usually come though after 3-7 days, though some people do not get them at all even though they did include the correct form. 

Receipt notice is mailed so takes longer. 1-2 weeks is common but it is not unusual for it to be longer than that. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Just got my text acknowledging receipt of application. EAC...Vermont Service Center. Is that the notoriously slow one? 😜

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

10 hours ago, deltaforce628 said:

Hmm my package was delivered 12/5 to Elgin; no SMS notification/receipt notice yet 

Just got my SMS receipt today - 12/8. Took 3 business days

Edited by deltaforce628

On 12/3/2022 at 9:23 AM, Cilllah said:

I have not filed mine yet but I will be a December filer! Hoping to have it done by the middle of the month! I am so nervous as always and always worried I will forget things. Especially as I have a K2 as well. Plus, we didn't have an interview for AOS so will probably have one this time.

Wow no interview?! That was so lucky! 

On 12/5/2022 at 2:26 PM, red12345 said:

Hello everyone. Im getting ready to send the i-751 ROC and I want to know how many years of joint bank statement I need to send? and please do u think this enogh evidence to send with my application? and do we need to send a divorce decree because I was divorced before Thank you! will appreciate any help.

• Form G-1450 Authorization for Credit Card Transaction for $680 filing fee

• Cover letter

• Form G-1145 e-notification of application acceptance

• Completed I-751 form

• Copy of both sides of Permanent Resident Card

• Form 1-797C Reminder to file form I-751

• Photographs from various holidays, events, and outings together and with family and friends.

• Printouts from our Facebook posts and Whatsapp messages between myself and family.

• Copies of the joint tax statements for the previous two years (2020-2021)

• Schedule C” page in 2021 Tax Return for his self-employment.

• Copies of bank statements from our joint checking and savings accounts.

• Letter from Chase Cardmember Services showing that I was added as an authorized user on our credit card

• Letter and Declaration Page from State Farm showing that my husband is on the Homeowner’s Insurance Policy.

• Copy of our marriage certificate.

• Letter from Teachers’ Retirement System showing that my husband is the primary beneficiary

• Printout from NEA (National Education Association) showing that the Primary beneficiaries are my husband and children

• Letter from MetLife Insurance showing that my husband is my primary beneficiary.

• Letters of Affidavit from my sisters, my 23 year old daughter and my friends and co-workers.

• Copies of our passport biographic pages.

• Copy of Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance card showing my husband as my dependent.

• Printout showing that my husband has dental insurance coverage.

• An EOB of my husband’s dental insurance claim.

• Information regarding his photography business and business bank account, including his business card.

• Printout showing deposit transfers from his business account to our joint checking account.

• Printout of T-Mobile phone plan that includes myself and my husband and utility bills in both our names.

• Copy of driver instruction permit. *he will be added to the car insurance when he gets his license.

• Hotel bookings for travel to my daughter’s college graduation, a weekend getaway to S**** R*** Park where we went hiking, and Sable at N*** P*** Hotel in *h*** to celebrate our anniversary.

• Printout showing out gym membership together.

• Copy of the puppy adoption contract for our dogwith our names.

Ok, this is way more than I was planning to send! I am worried now! 

Hi all!

I'm going to be a December filer...first day we can send is 12/17 and I hope I can get my act together by then. Form itself was so easy....I worked a lot on evidence today but it's so time consuming! So happy to have a thread group to follow again as we go through this process! 

Question: Are the IRS Tax Return Transcripts for the past two years sufficient? Or do I need to send more regarding proof of filing taxes jointly? 

Thanks all! 

2 hours ago, kec523 said:

Wow no interview?! That was so lucky! 

Not 100% sure it was waived. We did include A LOT in our application but also it was during COVID so could be that too.

3 hours ago, kec523 said:

Ok, this is way more than I was planning to send! I am worried now! 

Do you and your spouse live together? What's missing is some rental agreement, joint-mortgage etc.

Two questions:

Did you all put N/A in every blank section? I know it was a HUGE thing when I applied for AOS that we had to or we would get rejected. Is this still a thing?

Anyone else filing with a K2?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, deltaforce628 said:

Do you and your spouse live together? What's missing is some rental agreement, joint-mortgage etc.

What's missing from what? 

Did you look at my list on the other thread? I'm confused what you are replying to here, haha. 

But to answer your question: we do live together - but I bought my home before he was in the picture and I don't have a lender/mortgage. We will send our driver's licenses that show shared address, mail to both of us at our address, and utility bills for our address in both of our names. 

5 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Two questions:

Did you all put N/A in every blank section? I know it was a HUGE thing when I applied for AOS that we had to or we would get rejected. Is this still a thing?

Anyone else filing with a K2?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure I got rejected during AOS the first time for not having N/A everywhere so I'm paranoid now and put it on every blank section this time right off the bat! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.