jacketconfident

Naturalization under Section 319(b) - American firm or corporation

8 posts in this topic

• 8 months later...

Hi so under ina319b, it is possible to receive the green card, leave immediately to abroad without any physical presence requirements, and apply for naturalization abroad? My husband is employed broad with a religious organization and I just received my green card. We are both back in the States but hope to leave to abroad soon. 

From your case, it seems like they accepted your wife's application even without being in the States for uninterrupted year? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, Chloe257 said:

Hi so under ina319b, it is possible to receive the green card, leave immediately to abroad without any physical presence requirements, and apply for naturalization abroad? My husband is employed broad with a religious organization and I just received my green card. We are both back in the States but hope to leave to abroad soon. 

From your case, it seems like they accepted your wife's application even without being in the States for uninterrupted year? Thanks!

On 9/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, Mirrr said:

You can do that but you have to keep being a lpr till oath. Therefore, if it takes longer than 6 months. You need to go back USA and wait there. LPR can't live more than 6 months per year away of US.

When it is not military takes more than a year applying for 319b

Per INA 319 (b), spouses of US citizens regulary stationed abroad under qualifying employment are exempt from continuous residence and physical presence requirements. Please note emphasis on qualifying employment. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 minutes ago, angeljolie said:

Per INA 319 (b), spouses of US citizens regulary stationed abroad under qualifying employment are exempt from continuous residence and physical presence requirements. Please note emphasis on qualifying employment. 

The question in my mind is if there has to be a pending N-400 to prevent CBP from making a successful case for abandonment of LPR status or does simply being a spouse of a U.S. citizen working for a 319(b) auffice? 

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Zombie thread closed.  OP has not been active for more than a year.  Please start a new topic***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.