9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Working on the IR 5 visa for a parent from the Philippines. All of our documents were accepted by NVC in July, 2021. Visa center out of Nebraska. Is there anything else I can be doing? She will be spending time with her grand-daughter (our daughter) while we work and we need to figure out childcare until then. Is there any kind of letter I can submit to push it along or is the right timing? Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Agentk700 said:

All of our documents were accepted by NVC in July, 2021.

Did you get a CEAC message and email that states that the case is "Documentarily Qualified" (DQ)?  Also, what is the case status displayed on CEAC -- https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

3 minutes ago, Agentk700 said:

we received the "Documentarily Qualified" notification on July 7, 2021. Case status shows "At NVC".

Request for expedite for your parent's case, based on the fact that they have been DQ for over a year already.  According to the US embassy in Manila website, they are already scheduling interviews for IR cases DQed Aug 2022, so your case is way overdue for an interview -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/contact-us-visas/

Here's the contact form for the IV unit at USEM -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

In addition to sending the expedite request, you may also try booking an interview schedule directly through the US TravelDocs portal.  Join the thread below (and their FB group) to help you monitor when interview slots become available --

Timeline

@Chancy Thank you, this gives me great hope. We truly did not think it would take this long. We hoped she'd be here LAST Christmas and it's been silent from them ever since. I have sent a request to expedite via email with hopes that we can get some assistance. I could not figure out how to schedule an interview through the link as it wouldn't accept her name or email to create a profile, but I'm assuming I cannot because the status is still "At NVC". I have been reading through the thread though and found the email address to email and request an expedite and I put in a FB request. Very helpful. Thank you.

Timeline
On 11/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, Agentk700 said:

@Chancy Thank you, this gives me great hope. We truly did not think it would take this long. We hoped she'd be here LAST Christmas and it's been silent from them ever since. I have sent a request to expedite via email with hopes that we can get some assistance. I could not figure out how to schedule an interview through the link as it wouldn't accept her name or email to create a profile, but I'm assuming I cannot because the status is still "At NVC". I have been reading through the thread though and found the email address to email and request an expedite and I put in a FB request. Very helpful. Thank you.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, Chancy said:

Request for expedite for your parent's case, based on the fact that they have been DQ for over a year already.  According to the US embassy in Manila website, they are already scheduling interviews for IR cases DQed Aug 2022, so your case is way overdue for an interview -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/contact-us-visas/

Here's the contact form for the IV unit at USEM -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

In addition to sending the expedite request, you may also try booking an interview schedule directly through the US TravelDocs portal.  Join the thread below (and their FB group) to help you monitor when interview slots become available --

@Chancy got approved today to expedite. So fast. Thank you thank you.

*** Removed related thread.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

18 hours ago, Agentk700 said:

Any ideas why this pulls up? The status was labeled "Ready" last week after requesting and getting accepted for expedite. We were told that we need to receive a "Congratulations" email. Does anyone know how long that typically takes? Thank you in advance.
880205358_Screenshot2022-12-049_20_50PM.png.a2e54645ff0e82d72a1545e63e214449.png

Did you already get the "Congratulations" email or one that tells you that the case is ready for scheduling?

*** Removed related thread.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

21 hours ago, Agentk700 said:

The application went to the embassy almost two weeks ago. Status has been labeled as "ready" but I keep being told we need to receive a "congratulations" email. I am told that usually takes a couple of days, but it's almost two weeks now. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any advice on how to get movement? I need to get my MIL here soon. We have been QD'd since 7/21. TY. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.