Aberdeer

DQ to Interview Wait Times (IR-1)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We have been DQ for an IR-1 application since June 30th, 2022 with Frankfurt as our Consulate (140 days ago). I can't shake the feeling that something has gone wrong with our case, because I'm seeing other Visa Journey members' timelines noting a later DQ date (even for Frankfurt, specifically) but have already had an interview scheduled (I'm extremely happy for them all of course :)). But I can't help but wonder what is going on with our case that it continues to lag behind. Of note, we have received no communication from NVC about any issues with documents or anything, with the last communication being the DQ email.

Is such a long wait time normal for an IR-1 visa interview currently? Checking the "Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet" on Visa Journey seems to make it out that we are already over double the average wait time for an interview to be scheduled. Is anyone else having a similar experience? Am I going crazy over here waiting? Certainly, but it might help to know whether this amount of waiting for an IR-1 is normal.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

What does your ceac status say? Does it say ready? https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

IR 1 Green Card
07/06/21 - I-130 sent
04/21/22 - I-130 approved
04/22/22 - NVC received + paid
04/29/22 - Submitted DS-260 
09/15/22 - Case completed at NVC
10/04/22 - Case left NVC
10/11/22 - Consulate received case
10/19/22 - Interview scheduled
11/17/22 - Interview date
Approved on the spot! 🥳

Reentry Permit
05/11/23 - Fee accepted
06/05/23 - Biometrics taken
07/12/24 - Reentry Permit produced
07/13/24 - Case approved!

N-400 
07/16 - filed under 319 (b) (Washington Service Center)
07/16 - received Receipt Notice

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Isn’t Warsaw the designated consulate for Russians?

Anyway, it’s possible Russians might be in a different queue than other transfers to Frankfurt.

Shouldn't they be able to tell if it's Frankfurt by the first few letters of their NVC case number? or is it different for transferred cases from Russia and Ukraine?

IR 1 Green Card
07/06/21 - I-130 sent
10/04/22 - Case left NVC
Approved on the spot! 🥳

Reentry Permit
05/11/23 - Fee accepted

N-400 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ValRam said:

Shouldn't they be able to tell if it's Frankfurt by the first few letters of their NVC case number? or is it different for transferred cases from Russia and Ukraine?

As far as I know, if the beneficiary lives in Russia, the case starts with MOS, even if it gets transferred.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Isn’t Warsaw the designated consulate for Russians?

Anyway, it’s possible Russians might be in a different queue than other transfers to Frankfurt.

Warsaw was designated for us originally. But we had our case transferred to Frankfurt to avoid difficulties with border entry in Poland once Russia invaded Ukraine.

I was wondering if it just might be a different queue, but seems a bit odd especially with how insistent NVC is about saying "the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that cases complete the documentation process with NVC." As they put it when responding to an expedite request.

2 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

As far as I know, if the beneficiary lives in Russia, the case starts with MOS, even if it gets transferred.

Our case starts with FRN, even though the beneficiary is from Russia.

Timeline
3 hours ago, ValRam said:

What does your ceac status say? Does it say ready? https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

It says "At NVC" still. No changes there unfortunately.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Aberdeer said:

Our case starts with FRN, even though the beneficiary is from Russia.

That’s good. Look, I think nothing is wrong with your case, you’re just in a different queue. 

For example, in US Embassy Amman, Syrians and Iraqis are in a different queue than Jordanians. In US Embassy Ankara, Iraqi and Irani citizens are in a different (slower) queue than Turkish citizens.

Your wife needs to reach out to other Russians interviewing in Frankfurt to find out where they’ve reached.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

That’s good. Look, I think nothing is wrong with your case, you’re just in a different queue. 

For example, in US Embassy Amman, Syrians and Iraqis are in a different queue than Jordanians. In US Embassy Ankara, Iraqi and Irani citizens are in a different (slower) queue than Turkish citizens.

Your wife needs to reach out to other Russians interviewing in Frankfurt to find out where they’ve reached.

Agree! Sounds like you’re in a different line. They’re definitely trying to get the Ukrainians through quickly but they probably have such a huge workload that they can’t get through that. 

when I went to my interview there were two windows for Germans and three windows for Ukrainians. 

IR 1 Green Card
07/06/21 - I-130 sent
10/04/22 - Case left NVC
Approved on the spot! 🥳

Reentry Permit
05/11/23 - Fee accepted

N-400 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ValRam said:

Agree! Sounds like you’re in a different line. They’re definitely trying to get the Ukrainians through quickly but they probably have such a huge workload that they can’t get through that. 

when I went to my interview there were two windows for Germans and three windows for Ukrainians. 

Yes, the priority is Ukrainians > Germans > Russians from the many timelines I've seen.

US Embassy Islamabad is also prioritising Afghan beneficiaries over Pakistani beneficiaries because of the crisis.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Yes, the priority is Ukrainians > Germans > Russians from the many timelines I've seen.

US Embassy Islamabad is also prioritising Afghan beneficiaries over Pakistani beneficiaries because of the crisis.

If it helps OP be a bit more positive, there really weren’t many immigration visa applicants there though! I don’t think Frankfurt is a very busy consulate when it comes to immigration and I’m sure you won’t have to wait THAT much longer! 

It’s not like some other embassies that are absolutely swamped where you wait for a year or two. 

IR 1 Green Card
07/06/21 - I-130 sent
10/04/22 - Case left NVC
Approved on the spot! 🥳

Reentry Permit
05/11/23 - Fee accepted

N-400 

Timeline
Just now, ValRam said:

If it helps OP be a bit more positive, there really weren’t many immigration visa applicants there though! I don’t think Frankfurt is a very busy consulate when it comes to immigration and I’m sure you won’t have to wait THAT much longer! 

It’s not like some other embassies that are absolutely swamped where you wait for a year or two. 

Absolutely. I do think they'll receive their IL soon. Also, it was very wise of them to transfer to Frankfurt instead of Warsaw. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.