balo101

I-485 administratively closed- What's next? (merged)

43 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Misscloud said:

are u applying for vawa? i think i remembered that @Family said something about it

if you do, u can apply i-765 under c33 category instead. 

i got that point. My concern is that that one i have right now is it valid or not anymore. Because this one is expiring on 2024. I still have year and half. 

2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

i got that point. My concern is that that one i have right now is it valid or not anymore. Because this one is expiring on 2024. I still have year and half. 

if i were you, i will applying for EAD under c33 just to be on the safe side since you are not applying the benefit under marriage anymore.

never know for sure until u use the card (c09) to apply for the job. i tried in the past to find more information about it and i couldn't find much info. 

i have c08 EAD expired on july 2022 and because i was worried i cant drive, work etc ( driving license also expired, date connected with EAD). i forced my lawyer to apply c09 EAD on february 2022 together with i-485 application. the assistant said " lets wait until april 2022" and i refused because u never know when u will get the new EAD. lucky i'm quite adamant about it because i got my c09 EAD in april 2022, and when i went for interview for i-485 it led to administrative closure, im sure i wont get that new EAD if i havent got it when they administrative closure the case. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, balo101 said:

C09. Which is valid until 2024. 

So they closed EAD which was under C09/ marriage? 

Your timeline is everywhere..so cannot tell if you're marriage or asylum. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

• Ontarkie changed the title to I-485 administratively closed- What's next? (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please keep related questions to one thread. It helps members give the best advice when all information is in one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

18 hours ago, Misscloud said:

i have c08 EAD expired on july 2022 and because i was worried i cant drive, work etc ( driving license also expired, date connected with EAD). i forced my lawyer

@Misscloud, you can always renew the C 08 I.765. That’s is the category for pending asylum. 

@balo101, you have an approved I-360 so just renew C 31 I.765.

For both of your C 09 work permits, those a strictly based on I.485 ..when those got admin closed , those C09 permits stopped being valid.

Sorry for delay here..looks like I have permanently lost my eyesight…so won’t be on much longer.

Wish you both the best. 

4 hours ago, Family said:

@Misscloud, you can always renew the C 08 I.765. That’s is the category for pending asylum. 

@balo101, you have an approved I-360 so just renew C 31 I.765.

For both of your C 09 work permits, those a strictly based on I.485 ..when those got admin closed , those C09 permits stopped being valid.

Sorry for delay here..looks like I have permanently lost my eyesight…so won’t be on much longer.

Wish you both the best. 

I tried to save $495 and hopefully before next EAD renewal, I already have green card on hand 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.