Lane

Is a Lawyer Worth It? CR1 visa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Attorneys are not needed with a straightforward case. They will not make things faster or easier in any way, shape or form. They are merely plugging in the answers you give them and forwarding your evidence to USCIS. Why would you pay thousands of dollars for that? Plus, time and again we see people come here to tell us how badly their immigration attorney screwed up, it's pretty common. Not a chance I would be willing to take.

As long as you have a good grasp of the English language and you're halfway organized you can do it and you will have total control over your own case. No waiting for callbacks from an attorney.

My husband and I had several so called "red flags" and we did the immigration journey 100% on our own -from sending the petition up to, and including naturalization, without even as much as an RFE. I found Visa Journey after our petition had been approved (NOA2) and came here to ask questions occasionally and no one on this forum ever steered me wrong or gave me inaccurate advice. Not to mention the fact that many people in this forum were here to support me emotionally during the very stressful process of bringing a loved one here. Good luck.

Edited by Cathi

15 hours ago, Lane said:

I’m hoping it will make the process be a little faster/simpler and I was looking at trying to expedite the process.

There are reasons people choose to work with immigration lawyers.  This is not one of them.  Your process will not be faster or more likely to be approved by using a lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.