Shemp

Visa Reboot

49 posts in this topic

Funny how people that know nothing about Philippines or CFO will post here and give advice. USCIS will not care on either a spouse visa or fiance visa. USCIS is not the issue. Both routes go through CFO before the person can leave the country. So essentially they ARE the final step.

However now that I think about it, since she came here already on a fiance visa she should have already received a CFO sticker in her passport. Verify if she has one. If so get whatever visa that you decide on and she should be able to come. If she has renewed her passport she should be able to get a new sticker.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The work visa option is certainly intriguing and could be the ideal solution.

If the choice is beteen K1 and Cr1 then I would usually go for the latter anyway.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 11/18/2022 at 8:56 PM, RO_AH said:

And the CFO? How will they handle that?

On 11/19/2022 at 4:14 AM, Talako said:

You do not seem to recognize the power of the CFO to cause and be a source of problems.

New info from the OP is that his beneficiary entered the US previously with a K1 visa.  That means they do not need to go through CFO counseling again.  If the Filipina already has a CFO sticker on her passport, no further action required as far as CFO is concerned.  If not, they just need to request revalidation of the CFO certificate.  May need to pay again, but no need to repeat the counseling.  As such, CFO should not be a concern for their next visa process, whether they choose K1 or CR1.

8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

New info from the OP is that his beneficiary entered the US previously with a K1 visa.  That means they do not need to go through CFO counseling again.  If the Filipina already has a CFO sticker on her passport, no further action required as far as CFO is concerned.  If not, they just need to request revalidation of the CFO certificate.  May need to pay again, but no need to repeat the counseling.  As such, CFO should not be a concern for their next visa process, whether they choose K1 or CR1.

Exactly this, as I said in my last post :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would marry via Utah Zoom, meet, then file a new I-130 to start the CR-1 process.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Exactly this, as I said in my last post :)

Yup.  If they decide to pursue another visa, I hope OP will come back to update us.  I'm curious about the outcome, given the divorce and prior petition withdrawal.

43 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Yup.  If they decide to pursue another visa, I hope OP will come back to update us.  I'm curious about the outcome, given the divorce and prior petition withdrawal.

It will definitely be interesting to see what USCIS will think of a 3rd application from the same person for the same person...

7 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

It will definitely be interesting to see what USCIS will think of a 3rd application from the same person for the same person...

I hope there were no allegations of fraud made when the previous petition was withdrawn.

I agree, they seem to have broken up at least twice already and if either of them accused the other of fraud or abuse (and sent angry messages to USCIS on the subject), it's going to be an uphill battle to get another visa approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

16 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would marry via Utah Zoom, meet, then file a new I-130 to start the CR-1 process.

Zoom is not a good choice for the Philippines. Having issues now of days getting ROM completed.

Also other issues in the future if you go with Utah Zoom Marriage.

Edited by Mick Jones

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mick Jones said:

Zoom is not a good choice for the Philippines. Having issues now of days getting ROM completed.

Also other issues in the future if you go with Utah Zoom Marriage.

OK.  Then, the OP should marry SOMEWHERE, then start the spousal visa process.  The point is that a spousal visa is the fastest way to a GC.    What other issues in the future? 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Mick Jones said:

I agree, I find it quit funny and odd people who haven't been to Philippines nor know the system making comments.

Mick Jones is the name of the month, eh?

Finally done...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.